• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah, thanks - by "how much do you play in advance" I actually meant what you wrote in the second part of your reply - sorry for the not very clear question.
By second part do you mean "I am currently in March 1944.." If yes, my entire reply is linked to that, so you were very clear with your question :)

So you're in March 1944 already? Interesting, looking forward to know what future updates will bring and whether a German or Soviet great summer offensive will take place in 1944!
As am I, I should really be able to go on the offensive in the summer if all the fronts stay relatively quiet. Or, I should say, so long as another front is not created for the Axis.

Also, it was a decision of yours to put AH as Chief of the Army or did it happen by event?
My own, mainly because of the de-motorisation that may culminate in me disbanding all of my motorised forces in order to conserve oil.

Last little request: could you post from time to time a screen which shows the actual shape of the entire Eastern Front? I.e. at max zoom level. Thanks!
Yeah sure, although I can only start doing that from mid-March 1944 onwards. :)

Great AAR! :D
Got me hooked to the pc screen for hours :)
Thankyou, that means a lot. Your AAR was a great read too. :)
Thankyou to everyone who has been reading my AAR :D

And I that thought I had a hard time against the Soviets :p
This mod really is a massive challenge for Germany compared to 'vanilla' AoD. And I might be able to break the Red Army as you did, only time will tell.

I wonder if a decisive victory can be achieved?
I hope it can. But if I do achieve such a victory, logistics will then become a major issue.

Last edited:
January 1944

With the dawn of the new year a new hope of a decisive victory entered the mindset of the German leadership. The pattern of reduced Soviet attacks continued throughout this month, further encouraging this new hope.

Losses charts

ScreenSave2_zpsff4adbb3.png

ScreenSave3_zpsa9662800.png

Eastern front
The Luftwaffe managed to maintain air superiority over Orsha in the face of significant opposition by the Red Air Force. Other then that, not much happened on the front. Possibly showing the weakness of the Red Army, incapable of launching offensives.

ScreenSave4_zpsc6cc4165.png

ScreenSave8_zpsff37ed26.png

ScreenSave28_zpsd89f22bf.png

Second Norwegian Campaign
An attempt of an amphibious invasion of Oslo is repulsed thanks to the Kriegsmarine while the British armoured forces in the region are encircled. Norway will now be completely back in German hands unless the British send even more units.

ScreenSave13_zpsb7b67c84.png

ScreenSave14_zpsb452e7b0.png

ScreenSave16_zpsddfcf6e0.png

ScreenSave42_zps1d7c67b5.png

ScreenSave43_zps3055b699.png

ScreenSave44_zps1f96ae13.png

ScreenSave47_zpseeb74faf.png

ScreenSave51_zps74c387b0.png

ScreenSave52_zps1ff2dec6.png

Air war against the Allies
The German Air Force sends 3 interceptors to Athens in order to repulse the Allied bombers in the area. The Romanian Air Force protects Bulgarian air space.

ScreenSave10_zpsbca0253a.png

ScreenSave22_zpsa9fc6b47.png

ScreenSave23_zpsf630d418.png

ScreenSave54_zps3703e0ca.png

German air space is also continually being successfully defended, with its effective IC increasing to 405.

ScreenSave18_zpsbf708b2a.png

ScreenSave39_zps70a49a46.png

Italy has trouble with US fighters, but no significant damage is done either militarily or economically.

ScreenSave20_zps6b308430.png

Vichy also suffers defeats at the hands, or wings, of US fighter squadrons but with little change in the air war.

ScreenSave45_zps34eeb610.png

ScreenSave56_zpsda70d53b.png

Japan's situation
It is not looking good for Japan, with little progress in China coupled with an Australian landing in Korea potentially saving US forces in the region. The island of Saipan is lost to American forces.

ScreenSave31_zps9c416739.png

ScreenSave32_zpseadc7eb3.png

ScreenSave33_zpsbc8adb01.png

February 1944

Losses charts

ScreenSave2_zps577c1744.png

ScreenSave3_zpsdacd50c7.png

Eastern front
This month followed on with the quietness of the previous month, until the Soviet bear awakened with an attack in Krivoy Rog, outnumbering the Axis divisions in the area 2 to 1, with Red Army equipment and training being far superior to the predominantly Hungarian and Romanian divisions defending the territory. The infrastructure construction project in the province had to be abandoned as it looked to be captured by the Soviets. However with the significant land fortifications in place, the battle for Krivoy will last into March. In addition, this one attack only masks the prevalent quietness all across the rest of the front, enabling German forces to continue their resting and re-covering of their best units in preparation for an attack in the summer.

ScreenSave78_zpse507ea02.png

ScreenSave81_zps45c8b4c5.png

British forces in the north experienced the same results as their fellow forces in the south: complete retreat before their ultimate destruction.

ScreenSave67_zps8ef95958.png

ScreenSave68_zpsdce16770.png

The Luftwaffe and other Axis air forces continued to repulse Allied bombers. US attempts to penetrate the southern regions of the German Reich are successfully defeated by the German Air Force.

ScreenSave58_zps89872496.png

ScreenSave62_zpsdffc4679.png

ScreenSave69_zps1575956e.png

ScreenSave77_zpsa9180b44.png

ScreenSave85_zps150ffbeb.png

German units became so over-confident with their success they moved forward into north-eastern France. This was met with initial success before the US Air Force showed its over-whelming numbers of fighters just days after this success.

ScreenSave72_zpse4052900.png

ScreenSave75_zps276b400f.png

The rebasing of several interceptors to Bulgaria had good results.

ScreenSave59_zpsfb674d55.png

ScreenSave65_zps68ea7802.png

ScreenSave70_zps232a5641.png

ScreenSave73_zpsd34f7f73.png

The same can be said for the Luftwaffe units that were moved to defend southern Italy.

ScreenSave63_zps49de01e9.png

ScreenSave61_zps4440f399.png

ScreenSave80_zpsa325d4ba.png

Italian naval bombers were ordered to bomb the naval base of Tunis in order to get a picture of what the German and Italian navies would be up against in a potential invasion of Italy. 24 naval units, made up predominantly by screens, are of little threat. But the Axis does not know what potential Allied ships are stationed elsewhere in the region.

ScreenSave71_zpsf6c752a3.png

Crete is taken due to Allied forces being removed from the island, potentially destroying some undefended Allied air units in the province.

ScreenSave82_zps54d3e281.png

Yeah, I think 33 divisions is bigger then the entire Italian army! My main defence against this is to destroy as many US transport ships as possible, 28 so far.

EDIT: Actually this 28 figure is mainly thanks to Japan. I have sunk many UK transport ships though.

Last edited:
(...) I should really be able to go on the offensive in the summer if all the fronts stay relatively quiet. Or, I should say, so long as another front is not created for the Axis.
Heh, that's exactly what I was aiming for! Things are looking relatively good in the East right now... but what if you had to divert several divisions from that front to counter a major Allied landing in Italy or France? I know, I know: wait and see... ;)

Nice work you're doing with the Luftwaffe - the best proof of your good leadership being the significant recovery in your effective IC, which means that the Allies are managing to drop very few bombs on the Reich. Could you, however, provide a screen (or at least just write) what's the current size of your airforce (Fig/Int but also bombers)? Thanks!

Heh, that's exactly what I was aiming for! Things are looking relatively good in the East right now... but what if you had to divert several divisions from that front to counter a major Allied landing in Italy or France? I know, I know: wait and see... ;)
Took the words right out of my mouth. I still haven't advanced from mid-March, so I have no idea what will happen. I hope the US does try an invasion or two, it certainly has the forces at its disposal. Just not sure if it has enough naval forces to defend its amphibious forces.

Nice work you're doing with the Luftwaffe - the best proof of your good leadership being the significant recovery in your effective IC, which means that the Allies are managing to drop very few bombs on the Reich. Could you, however, provide a screen (or at least just write) what's the current size of your airforce (Fig/Int but also bombers)? Thanks!
Thankyou, I think the cooling period has been due to the Allies rebasing some of their bombers in northern Africa, but I am happy with my Luftwaffe nonetheless!

ScreenSave5_zps6d9f74a4.png

March 1944

Losses charts

ScreenSave2_zps0bdaed09.png

ScreenSave3_zps55d58b13.png

Eastern front
The battle for Krivoy Rog that had started last month eventually ended in an Axis defeat. The Dnieper has been crossed with Dnepropetrovsk falling soon after, although this unprecedented situation turned into an opportunity for the Wehrmacht as the Luftwaffe bombers and Heer combined their efforts to through the Red Army in the south into disarray.

ScreenSave90_zps20fdfc2c.png

ScreenSave99_zpsc23246c1.png

ScreenSave132_zpse5bf1a73.png

ScreenSave140_zps479bb0aa.png

ScreenSave14_zps13b6ca01.png

ScreenSave23_zps2f5bc5f2.png

ScreenSave29_zps6bafe92a.png

ScreenSave32_zps9fb0c806.png

The Red Air Force was clearly not being reinforced, perhaps due to a deliberate Soviet negligence of the military arm. The German leaders were pleased to see it, with the chronically understrength Soviet interceptor wings being destroyed.

ScreenSave110_zps419406f9.png

All of Norway was back in German hands after months of dramatic retreats and victories by both sides. The Second Norwegian Campaign officially ended on 7th March 1944.
An attempt by the UK to land in Oslo was defeated thanks to the Kriegsmarine, with it being hoped the German navy will prevent any further invasion of occupied-Norway as there is at least 1 division on every Norwegian coastal province to ensure the British navy cannot launch a surprise invasion.

ScreenSave122_zpscf901a06.png

ScreenSave124_zps0f24bbe0.png

Another bizarre and hopeless attempt by the UK to paratroop France failed.

ScreenSave15_zps7631a139.png

Another unprecedented sight caused concern with the German leadership; American fighter planes over the Rhineland! However this did not dramatically alter the war in the air as the Luftwaffe managed to use its technical, and due to the distance, numerical superiority to ensure US bombers did not significantly dent German industry. In addition, German rocket interceptors started entering combat, with the first two squadrons being produced on 10th March.

ScreenSave101_zps1200073d.png

ScreenSave103_zpsd88eb54b.png

ScreenSave105_zpsa0c1e021.png

ScreenSave126_zps535089ab.png

ScreenSave40_zps667ef2c0.png

A rare moment occurred when French air units were fighting fellow Frenchmen! The Vichy interceptors also encountered the upgraded US fighters, unfortunately not having the same success as the Germans against them.

ScreenSave87_zpsc2c33c83.png

ScreenSave119_zps1f9bc080.png

Italy just about managed to repulse US bombers over its territory, with the help of German units.

ScreenSave114_zpsa89daef1.png

ScreenSave10_zps3b03438b.png

Due to the severity of the resource problem Albert Speer had to be removed from his Minister of Armaments position, along with his extensive industrial reforms in order to reduce the resources needed to fuel German industry. At one point in this month coal stockpiles were as low as 39 units. Walter Darre was his replacement due to his 'bread and butter' approach of maximising supplies and streamlining the production of new units.

ScreenSave18_zps42a8bb63.png

The Kriegsmarine manage to take control of 3 divisions for its own ambitious plan...

ScreenSave49_zpscfe87c9b.png

April 1944

Losses chart
ScreenSave146_zpsaa0790bd.png

Eastern front
The Heer continued to create dismay and confusion amongst the divisions of the Red army surrounding the Dnieper. Krivoy Rog and Dnepropetrovsk were re-captured, but an opportunity arose to pursue this offensive even further with Poltava, Zaporozhye and Stalino being taken before the month was out. It seemed the Red Army had over-extended itself with its crossing of the Dnieper, with its units chronically lacking supply and a clear lack of reserve units beyond Stalino. The potential of another, perhaps Great, Offensive certainly seemed possible.

ScreenSave59_zpsebae0b7b.png

ScreenSave60_zps9474838e.png

ScreenSave68_zps48b42739.png

Red Army units in Krivoy Rog were clearly exhausted, with just 5 Axis divisions being able to route 15 Soviet divisions. The Luftwaffe played a significant role in this, and has done throughout this counter-attack.

ScreenSave72_zps7c1a1e37.png

ScreenSave73_zps5fb52bff.png

ScreenSave80_zpsa4634bfa.png

ScreenSave154_zps531e46fd.png

Attacks on Priluki were purely attritional, in order to remove the attrition caused by the hostile front for units in Kiev, but this ultimately failed as the Red Army continued to send units into the territory.

ScreenSave52_zps5b2f3ded.png

ScreenSave147_zps3f1db089.png

Continued American attempts to gain air superiority over the Rhineland with their new P-51s failed. Although the Luftwaffe was becoming increasingly strained by this new phase in the air war. Its units in Greece faced near disaster. Several air squadrons have been put out of action for at least a few weeks as they require reinforcements. Turbojet Interceptor was researched, further enabling the Luftwaffe to modernise. With it now being able to utilise Rocket and Turbojet Interceptors, it is clearly at the forefront of aviation technology.

ScreenSave62_zpsd7c261f8.png

ScreenSave63_zps57369824.png

ScreenSave64_zps56263f4b.png

ScreenSave70_zps9fc82601.png

ScreenSave82_zpsad1ef850.png

ScreenSave157_zps33cfe5d7.png

ScreenSave166_zps324a8764.png

The Italian and Vichy Air Forces also had success against the Allied air forces.

ScreenSave51_zpsd76f5cdf.png

ScreenSave85_zpsef6392b7.png

Mediterranean
The US navy showed its sheer strength and technological superiority with its devastating strike on the main naval base in Palermo. Most of the Italian navy was stationed there, but so were several German submarine units. Two of them were unfortunately sunk by the colossal task force of the American navy. 10 more German submarine units have been sent to Italy from France in order to help defend against any Allied invasion force. The Italian army will not be able to hold out against the 70 divisions that were seen resting in Tunis, the Axis will have to depend predominantly on the navy to defeat any Allied amphibious force. The German and Italian leadership can only hope the US carrier force will not be involved in this attack.

ScreenSave159_zps3eeaa6de.png

ScreenSave160_zpsc793b406.png

ScreenSave163_zps41e799ba.png

Kriegsmarine's Surprise
This ambitious plan proved too be over-optimistic. It was hoped that by capturing key points of the remaining French territory: Libreville, Cayenne and Dakar, it would be possible to annex the entire French state. Thereby removing de Gaulle and potentially getting Germany a lot of resources. However this could not be done as, assumably, Japan had been holding a key French island in the Pacific but had then lost it by the time German forces arrived in Bermuda. 2 of the 3 infantry divisions were ordered to defend the beaches of German-Denmark, and the third sent to the eastern front. Bermuda was re-captured by British forces on the 29th.

ScreenSave67_zps7a6c5c25.png

Last edited:
May 1944

Losses charts

ScreenSave171_zps43993f9a.png

ScreenSave170_zpsd8074f4a.png

Eastern front
The German army continued its advance. The advance seemed at a logger-head at Zaporozhye, with repeated attacks and counter-attacks on both sides.

ScreenSave176_zps85b9a982.png

ScreenSave178_zps4dd77c48.png

ScreenSave184_zpsb1a1ed26.png

ScreenSave186_zps06126b44.png

ScreenSave188_zps67edc649.png

ScreenSave198_zpsf0f21b27.png

ScreenSave211_zps770de3fd.png

ScreenSave227_zps4f3dba35.png

However, the last two battles for Zaporozhye of the month conclusively decided Germany would remain in control of the territory. The Heer will now be able to continue its advance in the south.

ScreenSave228_zps53b089a2.png

ScreenSave233_zps55f23a19.png

The Red Air Force has clearly not recovered in the slightest since the Luftwaffe arrived on the scene over a year ago, it seems that the Red Air Force is facing near total destruction. German and Vichy bombers have begun bombing Soviet airfields to speed up this annihilation. The Axis bombers also continued to provide a big help with the German offensive.

ScreenSave183_zps1e231cda.png

ScreenSave185_zpsd43c5b2a.png

ScreenSave190_zps9c3ba8e0.png

ScreenSave218_zpsb9660328.png

A Soviet bomber squadron was surprisingly seen bombing German forces in Norway, perhaps in the vein hope the Allies would attack the region. This never happened and the Luftwaffe promptly sent units to deal with the threat.

ScreenSave231_zpsa56b8607.png

The only strategic defeat this month at the hands of the Soviets was in the north. Gulbene, and all of Estonia, was under-defended in the first place. Once one part of the front fell, the Heer had to retreat all units in the region to Riga to avoid any unnecessary loss of life.

ScreenSave195_zpsdb43fcd1.png

The German Air Force continued to fight off the Allied Air Forces with relative success.

ScreenSave174_zpsf8118627.png

ScreenSave197_zps3374af0c.png

ScreenSave206_zpsdaf50adb.png

ScreenSave212_zps727b2b2e.png

ScreenSave221_zps17edcf3e.png

The Romanian Air Force also repulsed American bombers.

ScreenSave173_zps4bb22727.png

The modern Italian Air Force struggled to fend off American planes in its defence of its homeland and Vichy's.

ScreenSave205_zps04df7fa0.png

ScreenSave230_zps848b626c.png

Other events
The US seemed ever closer to developing nuclear weapons, with America's continued efforts with its Manhattan project being public news.

ScreenSave200_zps937ce787.png

Nationalist China annexed its puppet state Xibei San Ma, showing Japan's advance in the northern part of China. However Japan had lost all of Korea to Australian forces, with it being unknown if US forces had been encircled in the north-western part of Manchkukuo or had retreated to Australian-occupied Korea. American forces had certainly been defeated in Hainan, with Japan eventually re-capturing the coastal province.

ScreenSave207_zps84ca3c18.png

ScreenSave209_zpsf31174ca.png

ScreenSave210_zps22f4d43f.png

June 1944

Eastern front
The offensive in the south is continued, with Rostov being encircled. While this only destroyed 2 Soviet divisions, there is a clear lack of reserve units in the area as the Heer is able to storm ahead to Baku. This has caused exhalation amongst the German leadership as Germany's oil reserve is becoming worryingly depleted. It is hoped the capture of Baku will resolve Germany's oil demands.

ScreenSave236_zps68caf0c4.png

ScreenSave248_zps5b1e8289.png

ScreenSave254_zpsf7f7abee.png

ScreenSave256_zps2dd9d815.png

Once the two Soviet units in Rostov were destroyed, the German and Romanian armies could continue their advance towards the oil rich region of the Caucasus. The German armoured and motorised forces led the way, with several divisions from the northern and central parts of the front being sent south to help this advance and to ensure the territories can be held. Rommel was disgruntled with the order to remain in Rostov to ensure German flanks are secure, but he was certainly kept busy by counter-attacks from the Red Army.

ScreenSave259_zps68f6407f.png

ScreenSave267_zpsf32df229.png

ScreenSave269_zpsac703607.png

ScreenSave270_zps2451839f.png

ScreenSave274_zpsdda69e3c.png

ScreenSave285_zpsb300cf14.png

ScreenSave297_zps9bf5d944.png

It is now hoped that the Crimea will now fall to Germany, with armoured units estimated to arrive in Batum at 1pm on 1st July. Which will completely cut off Soviet troops in the Crimea from supplies. A quick siege is hoped, the Luftwaffe will ensure the Red Air Force cannot air supply these units as was the case in Leningrad.

ScreenSave284_zps14080a4e.png

ScreenSave295_zpsb85cc2fb.png

The German Air Force has remained on the offensive against the continually depleted and understrength Red Air Force.

ScreenSave241_zpsedbfaba1.png

ScreenSave252_zpsdbaec9cd.png

ScreenSave282_zpsd417201f.png

ScreenSave291_zps908da942.png

The US Air Force launched strong offensives against German air units in Wilhelmshafen and Essen, with the Luftwaffe being upto this challenge. However 1 German interceptor unit was completely destroyed, with the remaining 2 wings being re-based to Berlin in order to be reinforced. Somehow there were several air battles over Wilhelmshafen at the same time, perhaps due to the fast speed of the air planes responding in different parts of the territory.

ScreenSave237_zps0f107c16.png

ScreenSave244_zpse6363e94.png

ScreenSave250_zps68f56021.png

ScreenSave251_zpsfe0bff76.png

ScreenSave253_zpsa6a78b2c.png

ScreenSave257_zps9303f0b5.png

ScreenSave260_zpsc847b782.png

ScreenSave264_zpsce37f6b6.png

ScreenSave265_zpsd30db41a.png

ScreenSave271_zpsf57d25e4.png

ScreenSave279_zps18ed2269.png

ScreenSave280_zps63bd625e.png

Other events
The British Empire continued it's plans for this so-called 'D-Day', but no amphibious attempts have been taken by any of the Allies either against German-France, Vichy-France, Italy or in the Balklands. Even the under-defended Ligurian islands, Crete and Malta have not been attacked.

ScreenSave245_zpsfc5a558b.png

With the completion of the research on the flying rocket the German leadership immediately order the production of V-1 rockets in retaliation against the western Allies for their relentless strategic bombing campaign. There are also plans to use them against the Soviet Union; potentially against Leningrad, Stalingrad and Moscow if the situation permits it. The first batch will be available on 17th September 1944.

ScreenSave294_zps6fb0889c.png

I hope to see if the capture of oil-producing provinces makes a difference soon.

Will Germany be really able to seize (and keep a connection to) the Caucasus oil fields? Only time will tell...

For the time being, however, could you please show a screen or two of some of your armored/motorized units to let us see how much oil are they still carrying along? I guess their tanks must be already depleted by now, right...?

What about rares, also? How are you going to deal with the crisis which is likely to hit your factories in a matter of weeks?

The D-day invasion force event for Britain ... what is that?

Whatever it is it can't be good :p

Go Germany! Hope you can find some oil on your way into Soviet territory :D

@Barvinok, Titan 79, Marshall18: regarding the oil crisis, update to come :p
@Titan79: about the rares, update to come (Germany's allies will prove very helpful). And about the units oil and supplies, I'm sorry to say that none of my units ran out of supplies or oil.
@Marshall18: I'm am slightly worried about an upcoming D-Day either in France, Italy, or even Denmark and the Balkans. But I'm also concerned there haven't been any attempts to invade so far, not that I'm complaining!
@Gringoesteban: interesting, maybe the UK will attempt another invasion of Norway! Also, did you make any event for the fall of Vichy? I assumed it would've collapsed when Casablanca/all of North Africa was lost.

July 1944

Losses Charts
The Japanese navy has been doing surprisingly well, sinking nearly 50 troops transports! Maybe this explains why neither the US or UK have tried an amphibious invasion in France or Italy.

ScreenSave3_zps1a543738.png

ScreenSave2_zpsf2a43366.png

Eastern front
With the fall of Batum on the 1st, Soviet units in the Crimea were cut off from all supplies and the siege had begun. German and Romanian units pushed forward to capture the two provinces bordering Sevastopol, then sending several units from there to the Caucasus to help set up a viable defence in the mountains. The oil-rich Maikop and Grozny were held, with German engineers trying to rebuild the oil fields as fast as possible. Several Red Army divisions were sent to Kerch in hopeless attempts to hold the province, all of which failed. The Luftwaffe played a pivotal role throughout, with its bombers being able to decide when and where to attack due to the air superiority, if not air supremacy, it now has in the area.

ScreenSave4_zpsb6819dc1.png

ScreenSave14_zpse67c3ebf.png

ScreenSave15_zps15ed5e30.png

ScreenSave24_zpsac6487df.png

ScreenSave30_zpscfb59a7d.png

ScreenSave31_zps11cd7ad8.png

ScreenSave33_zpsd00b8a50.png

ScreenSave35_zps3f19132b.png

ScreenSave37_zps304a5950.png

ScreenSave39_zpsc600874f.png

ScreenSave41_zps0165ecaa.png

ScreenSave42_zps02c071f3.png

ScreenSave43_zpsc02e9d59.png

ScreenSave58_zps4a940934.png

The Luftwaffe continued to destroy the Red Air Force.

ScreenSave7_zpsb4a6a0a5.png

ScreenSave36_zpsa5b07125.png

ScreenSave54_zps0cd4b5ae.png

ScreenSave56_zpsb3be67b3.png

The German Air Force also continued to defeat the US and UK Air Forces, with repeated American attempts failing to bomb the airfields in Wilhelmshafen.

ScreenSave19_zps16a9848a.png

ScreenSave20_zpse91416d8.png

ScreenSave53_zps3fdd8631.png

ScreenSave60_zps1314332e.png

The Italian and Vichy Air Forces also repulsed American attempts to bomb their industries.

ScreenSave10_zps146dbe6d.png

ScreenSave52_zps4e41085e.png

ScreenSave49_zps8731396b.png

Other events
The German government decided to move one step away from central planning and one step towards a free market. This was to reduce the resource demand of German industry, and also to help speed up the upgrading time of units in order to ensure German technical superiority. Advanced Logistics was researched, further strengthening the German military's logistical system which has so far never been strained over its capacity for an extended period of time. Due to the strength of Germany's Atlantik wall German produced coastal fortifications have been placed in Italian and occupied-Greek beaches.

August 1944

Losses Charts

ScreenSave60_zpsea8d3512.png

ScreenSave61_zps82acfd4b.png

Eastern front
The advance southwards continues with great success, with Baku being captured on the 15th by troops led by Falkenhorst. With German forces being worryingly close to capturing territory bordering American-Persia, the orders went out that German units should not attack, or at least capture, anymore territory beyond the Caucasus. The capture of Baku came at immediate great reward as 2,500 barrels of oil were found in the city.

ScreenSave62_zps479d8647.png

ScreenSave66_zps949a6f44.png

ScreenSave72_zps76d43cb2.png

ScreenSave76_zpsbe73bcb8.png

ScreenSave79_zps532fb4ee.png

ScreenSave84_zps595203d6.png

The capture of Tabriz was called off in order to avoid bordering American-occupied Persia.

ScreenSave86_zps8f3ee557.png

Soviet attempts to re-capture Baku fail as German efforts to defend the areas are substantial, and long term. Three major land fortifications were immediately placed in Baku. German engineers have already been sent to improve the infrastructure of the oil-rich territory.

ScreenSave87_zps5e81a224.png

ScreenSave88_zps37a3f38b.png

ScreenSave96_zps4cea2ded.png

ScreenSave115_zps05797760.png

Now the German leadership turns its focus northwards, with the area around Stalingrad looking welcomingly undefended.

ScreenSave125_zps5569f019.png

ScreenSave128_zpsd2b1f072.png

German intelligence suggests the Red Army has lost over 100 divisions since February 1943, as the Abwehr had estimated the Red Army consisted of 356 infantry divisions and 17 armoured divisions at that time. Or perhaps the appointment of Carl von Schubert as Head of Intelligence, which happened several months ago, meant this estimate was made more accurate as Schubert specialises in military intelligence.

ScreenSave99_zps087a6e3e.png

The siege of Sevastopol has been working. It is only a matter of time until the coastal fortress will fall.

ScreenSave119_zps2a8fb43c.png

The Red Air Force is now ever closer to its imminent demise.

ScreenSave64_zps3ba679c1.png

ScreenSave95_zps70c5d8a3.png

ScreenSave105_zpse99c048a.png

Repeated attempts by the USAAF to gain an inch of air superiority over Germany failed.

ScreenSave91_zpsbbf5f7ef.png

ScreenSave106_zps933923c2.png

ScreenSave107_zpse91f785c.png

ScreenSave112_zpsfc3dbd2d.png

Both the Italian and German Air Forces successfully defended Italian air space.

ScreenSave69_zps9fd7374c.png

ScreenSave75_zps70f814dc.png

The Vichy interceptor units experienced victories when up against the American Air Force in the south, but embarrassingly could not successfully defend against US fighters flying over its capital.

ScreenSave67_zpscfb49b80.png

ScreenSave111_zpsa751a127.png

The Romanian and Hungarian Air Forces had continued success defending their own lands from the American menace.

ScreenSave71_zps1e454027.png

ScreenSave85_zps138315f2.png

ScreenSave102_zps89be90a5.png

Other events
The German leadership was surprised to find out that Italy had rare materials reserves totalling at least 10,000. It therefore started to buy in bulks of 1,000 rares for $700 from the Italian government in order to alleviate its chronic lack of resources.

Last edited:
You believe the troops would be unable to beat Americans in Persia?