• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Love the "Mao, inveterate liar and admitted communist" line. Isn't there a logical paradox contained therein? :) And bravo to Chickenfarmer Heinrich and the boys of the Gestapo! Volunteering for such a thankless task, so crucial for the workings of democracy... oh wait, we're not here to promote democracy... erm, so crucial for the fulfillment of the German People's deepest desires - and they offered to volunteer in what was still a foreign country at the time! My, it's crystal clear where JFK got his inspiration for the Peace Corps from - SS/Gestapo leading the way in civic engagement! ;)

I'm a little confused, if not to say worried, by Paul's lack of complaining. It must be this woman thing he has going - I hear it does strange things to men. And Lt. zur See Ritter also appears infected by this malady - swooning about his nuptials (although his "This was a moment of excitement and joy! Just like my wedding day will probably be" shows he's not quite as love-stricken as poor Paul).

Nice Herr Ed Sturmhorse (Sturmpferd? Doesn't quite have the magical ring to it...) and I laughed at the caption with the Austrian soldiers - hot cocoa and yodeling: not exactly up there as the world's most fearsome fighting machine.

I do hope that wee Rachel isn't a nasty French spy ... that'll serve Paul right to stop his whinging -- though he has made up for it with the boasting this time around and Karl remains rather detached from his wedding: "The wedding will be beautiful, or so I am told", may hint at a man who's not exactly up to date with the preparations.

as to the horse-kitten, doesn't it mildly push the concept of 'household pet' to breaking point? Tis a pity that such an issue full of objective and accurate reporting rather slipped from its high standards there :eek:

A Sturmhorse is to preferred over a Sturmbunny as a Sturmhorse can be used while hunting the aforementioned Sturmbunny.

I'm shocked to find I haven't posted here yet, I thought I had. This is a fantastic AAR, really well-presented and tons of fun. I can't wait to see the next issue!

AARLand choice AwAARds - Vote Now!

Hey everyone, no feedback or update today (I have one coming Monday though), I just wanted to remind everyone that the 1st Quarter 2012 AARland Choice AwAARds are stilling taking votes through the end of the month.

Now those awards cover all Paradox Games and they are a great way to share some of your favorite AARs with others, but also a great way to let the writers know just how much you appreciate their work. Let me tell you, seeing your AAR on someone's ballot, whether you win or lose, is a very cool feeling. You can also find so many great AARs that you've never read before.

For example, in HOI Comedy,
I've been nominated, but so have eggman, El Pip, and InnocentIII.

All three of theirs are worth reading and great AARs, but until I saw them on someone's ballot, I didn't know they existed, I encourage you to check them out (and even vote for them...it won't hurt my feelings...much)

There are probably other HOI Comedies out there that I just don't know about.

Now, this was a very long winded way to say it, but please go over here and cast a vote for some of your favorite AARs! You have 8 days.

Another great addition to the WN&WR Packer....I also had to chuckle about the Geheimstatpolizei and SS 'volunteering' for the polling places...good thinking. The Sturmhorsey thing was slightly better than the Sturmbunny...but "Sturmpets" just doesnt seem the same as Sturmkittens....Back to the felines I say!

Im off to try to figure out how to vote in the AAR awards.....You get my vote!!

Hey Alfred, what is the proper link for the open AAR stories? I think the one I found is only for finished or closed AAR's, and this one is definately still open for a long time (I hope). Can you link it for us?

Last edited:
Another great addition to the WN&WR Packer....I also had to chuckle about the Geheimstatpolizei and SS 'volunteering' for the polling places...good thinking. The Sturmhorsey thing was slightly better than the Sturmbunny...but "Sturmpets" just doesnt seem the same as Sturmkittens....Back to the felines I say!

Im off to try to figure out how to vote in the AAR awards.....You get my vote!!

Hey Alfred, what is the proper link for the open AAR stories? I think the one I found is only for finished or closed AAR's, and this one is definately still open for a long time (I hope). Can you link it for us?

Sure thing...click on any of this text to go right to the AAR Awards!

Thanks Alfred....this could be like the Pulitzer Award for the WN&WR when you win!

lol

Love the "Mao, inveterate liar and admitted communist" line. Isn't there a logical paradox contained therein? :) And bravo to Chickenfarmer Heinrich and the boys of the Gestapo! Volunteering for such a thankless task, so crucial for the workings of democracy... oh wait, we're not here to promote democracy... erm, so crucial for the fulfillment of the German People's deepest desires - and they offered to volunteer in what was still a foreign country at the time! My, it's crystal clear where JFK got his inspiration for the Peace Corps from - SS/Gestapo leading the way in civic engagement! ;)

I'm a little confused, if not to say worried, by Paul's lack of complaining. It must be this woman thing he has going - I hear it does strange things to men. And Lt. zur See Ritter also appears infected by this malady - swooning about his nuptials (although his "This was a moment of excitement and joy! Just like my wedding day will probably be" shows he's not quite as love-stricken as poor Paul).

Nice Herr Ed Sturmhorse (Sturmpferd? Doesn't quite have the magical ring to it...) and I laughed at the caption with the Austrian soldiers - hot cocoa and yodeling: not exactly up there as the world's most fearsome fighting machine.

Well, the Austrians mean well. And really, when DOESN't yodelling come in handy? As for the altruistic Gestapo and SS, what else could be expected from those irrepressible do-gooders in the Third Reich! :)

I do hope that wee Rachel isn't a nasty French spy ... that'll serve Paul right to stop his whinging -- though he has made up for it with the boasting this time around and Karl remains rather detached from his wedding: "The wedding will be beautiful, or so I am told", may hint at a man who's not exactly up to date with the preparations.

as to the horse-kitten, doesn't it mildly push the concept of 'household pet' to breaking point? Tis a pity that such an issue full of objective and accurate reporting rather slipped from its high standards there :eek:

It is rather odd not to hear Paul complaining, isn't it? Well, his misadventures have just begun and there is much more complaining to come!

A Sturmhorse is to preferred over a Sturmbunny as a Sturmhorse can be used while hunting the aforementioned Sturmbunny.

True. Luckily today sees the glorious return of actual Sturmkittens to the Sturmkitten feature

I'm shocked to find I haven't posted here yet, I thought I had. This is a fantastic AAR, really well-presented and tons of fun. I can't wait to see the next issue!

Thank you for such kind words and I am happy you've enjoyed the paper so far!

Well you will be happy with todays installment of Sturmkittens then! Unfortunately, by soliciting for all mustachioed household pets, Martin has kind of obligated himself to run non-cats on occassion.

I can see Paul's rather ropey map reading setting off an international incident or three if Germany is really unlucky

and Martin really is into some serious brownnosing towards the new cabinet members ... one hopes the Reich's medical services are ready to cope with all these sudden family illnesses

Another excellent installment. Looking forwards to the next exciting issue. It is sad for some of the older Austrians...but like you said....they are back with their brethern! Time to go save our Sudetenland brothers and sisters as well!!

Ah, the Return of the Sturmkitten! All is well in the Reich!

I can see Paul's rather ropey map reading setting off an international incident or three if Germany is really unlucky

With map-reading skills like that, I can see Paul being very useful in starting the Polish war, as his platoon bravely fights off the invading Polish hordes - having blundered some 15 miles across the Polish border. I must say I'm surprised Paul isn't blaming the whole thing on 5. Infanterie-Division.

So Leutnant Schill's sister is comparing him to a 6-year old child from Egypt, who is still fifteen years away from making his first movie appearance? I'm not sure that's a compliment. :p

It's heartwarming to see the German government allowing its members time away from their job so that they can help their family members through some difficult times. Family Medical Leave - another field where progressive Germany leads the way!

Loved Martin's line about "How such a pleasant fellow has become the leader of an entirely new potential method of slaughtering humans is quite beyond me!". :)

and Martin really is into some serious brownnosing towards the new cabinet members ... one hopes the Reich's medical services are ready to cope with all these sudden family illnesses

Vee haff vays aff making you seeck.

Another excellent installment. Looking forwards to the next exciting issue. It is sad for some of the older Austrians...but like you said....they are back with their brethern! Time to go save our Sudetenland brothers and sisters as well!!

Why, what German wouldn't want to join in that Bastion of Freedom and Fun, the Third Reich!

Ah, the Return of the Sturmkitten! All is well in the Reich!

And this month...the greatest Sturmkitten of all!

With map-reading skills like that, I can see Paul being very useful in starting the Polish war, as his platoon bravely fights off the invading Polish hordes - having blundered some 15 miles across the Polish border. I must say I'm surprised Paul isn't blaming the whole thing on 5. Infanterie-Division.

So Leutnant Schill's sister is comparing him to a 6-year old child from Egypt, who is still fifteen years away from making his first movie appearance? I'm not sure that's a compliment. :p

It's heartwarming to see the German government allowing its members time away from their job so that they can help their family members through some difficult times. Family Medical Leave - another field where progressive Germany leads the way!

Loved Martin's line about "How such a pleasant fellow has become the leader of an entirely new potential method of slaughtering humans is quite beyond me!". :)

Thanks...I liked Martin's line too :)
and AARRGHH! I meant Rudolph Valentino! Those names aren't even close! I hope some sudden family illness does not overtake the Wehrmacht News and World Report Fact Checker for letting that glitch slip through!

Lil’ Goring likes to sleep on silk pillowcases, eat chicken liver and is
a commissioned officer in the Luftwaffe!

The Enemies of the Reich are trembling with fear now for sure...

well give it Martin, I thought he'd reached new epic standards of brown nosing (or shirting?) in the last issue but that was impressive, as indeed was the uber-sturm kitten

Its good to see Germany still actively preparing for peace by invading Poland and that international opinion now seems to consist purely of Hitler?

and poor Paul ... well he'll have plenty to whinge over now

I'll draw a veil (so to speak) over the Julie Andrews references ... far too scary to contemplate

As to Generalmajor Ott - I wonder what the German word for 'stalking' is? :)

Thoroughly enjoyed the 'awards ceremony' for the invasion of Switzerland, as well as Paul's succinct "Osterbrook is a tremendous ass" comment. Is I. Alpendivision's insignia (or purported insignia - the workmanship is suspiciously poor) perhaps another contribution by Paul, to get back at the Austrians? ;)

Lil' Goring (although I fail to see what's so Lil' about him - he strikes me as a very <ahem> 'healthy', in a happy Buddha kinda way, cat) is impressive. And disturbing. I wonder if LG has some role to play in Oberleutnant Rohmann's current lack of career progress...

So good to see that Germany is very actively desiring peace through that old Roman saw, "If you desire peace, prepare for war". Clearly, the Germans really want to stay at peace. Especially when it comes to Poland.