If you're one of my loyal readers from Novum Romanum Imperium, don't get too excited; this is simply an introductory post. The first proper update probably won't be until next week. For my former readers, the world may look a good bit different than it did in 1821 -- after all, there's been a gap of 13 years! (The converter starts in 1835.)
If you didn't read NRI (as it shall henceforth be referred to), it was a Tuscany-> Italy DW AAR in which I tried (and I think, succeeded) to recreate the Roman Empire. This AAR will continue to follow the Empire's progress throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. (Before we go any farther -- regardless of the state of the V2-HOI3 converter, I will not continue into HOI3 )
I'm playing with A House Divided, 2.2 beta. All settings on normal.
1. Nothing gamey.
2. No reloading.
3. No cheating (unless it's absolutely necessary for story purposes.)
4. No colonizing. (Exception: Australia, New Zealand)
5. No editing the save (unless I have to).
6. Only expansion within Europe. (Puppets outside of Europe are okay.)
1. Clean up my borders a bit.
3. Be the #1 Great Power at game's end.
4. There will be at least one World War, if it kills me!
5. Tuscania delenda est! (Tuscany must be destroyed, if you don't speak Latin )
I've deliberately left one thing up in the air: whether or not I stay an Empire. We'll have to see what happens (in terms of MIL, movements, so forth). If there's something new to AHD, I'll try to give at least a little information on it.
I hope you enjoy the AAR!
(Hat tip to the fine folks at the EU3-V2 converter project!)
EDIT: I made one slight change to the house rules, if you read this earlier, on colonization.
EDIT: Here's the original AAR. Novum Romanum Imperium: A Tuscany DW AAR