• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Avindian

People's Commissar of the Navy
120 Badges
Jan 3, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Hi there!

If you're one of my loyal readers from Novum Romanum Imperium, don't get too excited; this is simply an introductory post. The first proper update probably won't be until next week. For my former readers, the world may look a good bit different than it did in 1821 -- after all, there's been a gap of 13 years! (The converter starts in 1835.)

If you didn't read NRI (as it shall henceforth be referred to), it was a Tuscany-> Italy DW AAR in which I tried (and I think, succeeded) to recreate the Roman Empire. This AAR will continue to follow the Empire's progress throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. (Before we go any farther -- regardless of the state of the V2-HOI3 converter, I will not continue into HOI3 :D)

I'm playing with A House Divided, 2.2 beta. All settings on normal.

House rules:
1. Nothing gamey.
2. No reloading.
3. No cheating (unless it's absolutely necessary for story purposes.)
4. No colonizing. (Exception: Australia, New Zealand)
5. No editing the save (unless I have to).
6. Only expansion within Europe. (Puppets outside of Europe are okay.)

Goals:
1. Clean up my borders a bit.
2. Industrialize!
3. Be the #1 Great Power at game's end.
4. There will be at least one World War, if it kills me!
5. Tuscania delenda est! (Tuscany must be destroyed, if you don't speak Latin :))

I've deliberately left one thing up in the air: whether or not I stay an Empire. We'll have to see what happens (in terms of MIL, movements, so forth). If there's something new to AHD, I'll try to give at least a little information on it.

I hope you enjoy the AAR!

(Hat tip to the fine folks at the EU3-V2 converter project!)

EDIT: I made one slight change to the house rules, if you read this earlier, on colonization.

EDIT: Here's the original AAR. Novum Romanum Imperium: A Tuscany DW AAR

Last edited:
Last edited:
Oh boy, this will be exciting to see how you will fare throughout the age of Industrialization. Looking forward to get it started!

One tip: You might want to leave Factory building to the capitalists ;) It would be one hell of micromanaging since you have such a large empire

Glad to be able to follow this from the start, I was interested in NRI but rather daunted by the size of it! I'll certainly keep an eye on this.

I'm interested, even if I haven't read NRI.

Excellent! I hope you like it!

Oh boy, this will be exciting to see how you will fare throughout the age of Industrialization. Looking forward to get it started!

One tip: You might want to leave Factory building to the capitalists ;) It would be one hell of micromanaging since you have such a large empire

I usually "prime the pump", so to speak, and build some of my first factories myself, but I do by and large prefer to rely on capis.

glad to see this ready so soon. It'll be fun to see how you manage a large multinational empire in V2 ...

Should be fun to play, too! :)

Glad to be able to follow this from the start, I was interested in NRI but rather daunted by the size of it! I'll certainly keep an eye on this.

Welcome aboard!

I'm going to sit down and write down all the provinces I need to move and edit the save manually. This will probably take some time, but once I have that, I'll be able to start writing the prologue.

Never heard of NRI, but I shall follow.

Last edited:
Finally something worthwhile visiting the Vicky forums! (I hope I didnt insult anyone just now :( )

Im really looking forward to the return of our great empire!

Never heard of NRI, but I shall follow. Try to aim for Mare Nostrum!*
*[SUB]Our Sea. What I mean by this is that the Mediterranean was claimed by the Romans, and to a GREAT extent. That's what Mussolini wanted from World War II. I hope you want that too! :D[/SUB]

He already has that!:rolleyes: God bless you Avindian! You've made my day! I've dedicated my Emperor's personal Army to you in return for this wonderful gift!

He already has that!:rolleyes: God bless you Avindian! You've made my day! I've dedicated my Emperor's personal Army to you in return for this wonderful gift!
Uh, sorry...

Never heard of NRI, but I shall follow.

Excellent!

Finally something worthwhile visiting the Vicky forums! (I hope I didnt insult anyone just now :( )

Im really looking forward to the return of our great empire!

I am too :)

Uh, sorry...

No worries, folks.

So, we have a bit of a crisis now. I just spent two hours getting all the provinces where I want them... and now the game crashes every time I load. :( I've probably lost a bracket or something, but we have a few options here:

1.) I'll post the save here to see if somebody can spot where I screwed up.
2.) I can reconvert it, leave all the provinces where they were at the end of NRI, and throw out my original plans for the AAR.
3.) Somebody can point out a functioning Vicky 2 save game editor.
4.) I reconvert it, and somebody volunteers to fix all the provinces I want fixed by whatever means necessary :D

Here's the save.

Any assistance on any of these options is more than welcome.

Since I'm a superfan of all your AAR's, I sub!

What He said :)

Woah, nice empire you have there. The thing is, every country is an uncivilized country.

Woah, nice empire you have there. The thing is, every country is an uncivilized country.

That's a problem with the converter; if I let it run for a bit it would work fine. Were you able to get the save to work?

I anxiously await the continuation of your Roman epic :) good luck with the technical issues!