+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Novum Romanum Imperium 2.0 -- a Vicky 2 AHD Conversion AAR

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Novum Romanum Imperium 2.0 -- a Vicky 2 AHD Conversion AAR

Hi there!

If you're one of my loyal readers from Novum Romanum Imperium, don't get too excited; this is simply an introductory post. The first proper update probably won't be until next week. For my former readers, the world may look a good bit different than it did in 1821 -- after all, there's been a gap of 13 years! (The converter starts in 1835.)

If you didn't read NRI (as it shall henceforth be referred to), it was a Tuscany-> Italy DW AAR in which I tried (and I think, succeeded) to recreate the Roman Empire. This AAR will continue to follow the Empire's progress throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. (Before we go any farther -- regardless of the state of the V2-HOI3 converter, I will not continue into HOI3 )

I'm playing with A House Divided, 2.2 beta. All settings on normal.

House rules:
    1. Nothing gamey.
    2. No reloading.
    3. No cheating (unless it's absolutely necessary for story purposes.)
    4. No colonizing. (Exception: Australia, New Zealand)
    5. No editing the save (unless I have to).
    6. Only expansion within Europe. (Puppets outside of Europe are okay.)

Goals:
    1. Clean up my borders a bit.
    2. Industrialize!
    3. Be the #1 Great Power at game's end.
    4. There will be at least one World War, if it kills me!
    5. Tuscania delenda est! (Tuscany must be destroyed, if you don't speak Latin )

I've deliberately left one thing up in the air: whether or not I stay an Empire. We'll have to see what happens (in terms of MIL, movements, so forth). If there's something new to AHD, I'll try to give at least a little information on it.

I hope you enjoy the AAR!

(Hat tip to the fine folks at the EU3-V2 converter project!)

EDIT: I made one slight change to the house rules, if you read this earlier, on colonization.

EDIT: Here's the original AAR. Novum Romanum Imperium: A Tuscany DW AAR
    Last edited by Avindian; 02-03-2012 at 06:08.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Last edited by Avindian; 30-09-2012 at 01:37.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I'm interested, even if I haven't read NRI.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Oh boy, this will be exciting to see how you will fare throughout the age of Industrialization. Looking forward to get it started!

One tip: You might want to leave Factory building to the capitalists It would be one hell of micromanaging since you have such a large empire
    Comrade Vladimir Mehmetovich Sakharov, NK Finance, in Avindian's Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo (Interactive TFH 4.02)

The Earth is the Cradle of the Mind -- but one cannot eternally live in a cradle." - Konstantin E.Tsiolkovsky
    "Let others shoot; For here I leave my second leg, and the Forty-second Foot." - The Ballad of Faithless Nelly Gray by Thomas Hood

Please make this idea more known! I want it to get into the next Victoria 2 DLC! by Sakura_F. Copy this if you want this to be implemented

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

glad to see this ready so soon. It'll be fun to see how you manage a large multinational empire in V2 ...
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Glad to be able to follow this from the start, I was interested in NRI but rather daunted by the size of it! I'll certainly keep an eye on this.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    I'm interested, even if I haven't read NRI.
    Excellent! I hope you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vrael_1492 View Post
    Oh boy, this will be exciting to see how you will fare throughout the age of Industrialization. Looking forward to get it started!

One tip: You might want to leave Factory building to the capitalists It would be one hell of micromanaging since you have such a large empire
    I usually "prime the pump", so to speak, and build some of my first factories myself, but I do by and large prefer to rely on capis.

Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    glad to see this ready so soon. It'll be fun to see how you manage a large multinational empire in V2 ...
    Should be fun to play, too!

Quote Originally Posted by morningSIDEr View Post
    Glad to be able to follow this from the start, I was interested in NRI but rather daunted by the size of it! I'll certainly keep an eye on this.
    Welcome aboard!

I'm going to sit down and write down all the provinces I need to move and edit the save manually. This will probably take some time, but once I have that, I'll be able to start writing the prologue.

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Tarabulus (Tripoli, to be specific...), Italy (in Libya, again...)
    Never heard of NRI, but I shall follow.
    Last edited by wzhang29; 22-02-2012 at 23:34.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Finally something worthwhile visiting the Vicky forums! (I hope I didnt insult anyone just now )

Im really looking forward to the return of our great empire!
    AAR's:
    Eendraght Maeckt Maght: A Brabant AAR with the D&T mod. Join Brabant in its journey to uniting the Netherlands and Europe under one banner!

Participating in:
    We, the People -- A USA Interactive FTM AAR as Senator John Linton from Florida for the Democratic Party.

Quote Originally Posted by wzhang29 View Post
    Never heard of NRI, but I shall follow. Try to aim for Mare Nostrum!*
    *Our Sea. What I mean by this is that the Mediterranean was claimed by the Romans, and to a GREAT extent. That's what Mussolini wanted from World War II. I hope you want that too!
    He already has that! God bless you Avindian! You've made my day! I've dedicated my Emperor's personal Army to you in return for this wonderful gift!
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Basiliea Rhomaion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by EU3NOOB View Post
    He already has that! God bless you Avindian! You've made my day! I've dedicated my Emperor's personal Army to you in return for this wonderful gift!
    Uh, sorry...
    For the want of a nail the horseshoe was lost, For the want of a shoe the horse was lost, For the want of a horse the rider was lost, For the want of a rider the battle was lost, For the want of a battle the kingdom was lost, and all for the want of a horse shoe nail.
    Inkwell
    Senator Sebastian Lender of Georgia, a Democrat in We, the People.
    Assisting with the V2 to HOI3 converter

Never heard of NRI, but I shall follow.
    Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanon View Post
    Finally something worthwhile visiting the Vicky forums! (I hope I didnt insult anyone just now )

Im really looking forward to the return of our great empire!
    I am too

Quote Originally Posted by EU3NOOB View Post
    Uh, sorry...
    No worries, folks.

So, we have a bit of a crisis now. I just spent two hours getting all the provinces where I want them... and now the game crashes every time I load. I've probably lost a bracket or something, but we have a few options here:

1.) I'll post the save here to see if somebody can spot where I screwed up.
    2.) I can reconvert it, leave all the provinces where they were at the end of NRI, and throw out my original plans for the AAR.
    3.) Somebody can point out a functioning Vicky 2 save game editor.
    4.) I reconvert it, and somebody volunteers to fix all the provinces I want fixed by whatever means necessary

Here's the save.

Any assistance on any of these options is more than welcome.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Since I'm a superfan of all your AAR's, I sub!
    NK Foreign Minister Comrade Anastasia Ivanovna Petrova in Avindian's Soviet Union Interactive AAR.
    Otto von Bismarck, Stadtholder of Leipzig, Party Leader of the New Society and Former Reichskanzler (1850-1862) in Avindian's Sonderweg oder Anderweg Interactive AAR.
    Unable to start or complete any of his AAR's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura_F View Post
    Since I'm a superfan of all your AAR's, I sub!
    Great

Quote Originally Posted by morningSIDEr View Post
    What He said
    "Let's be free, the rest doesn't matters"

The Great Kingdom of South Africa at Imperium Offtopicum Paradox -- Republic of Poland at World in Revolution 1861 -- Republic of Argentina at World in Revolution 1900
    Events GM in World in Revolution 1836

Fan of the Week: July 17th, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Santiago View Post
    What He said
    Glad to have you!

Woah, nice empire you have there. The thing is, every country is an uncivilized country.
    For the want of a nail the horseshoe was lost, For the want of a shoe the horse was lost, For the want of a horse the rider was lost, For the want of a rider the battle was lost, For the want of a battle the kingdom was lost, and all for the want of a horse shoe nail.
    Inkwell
    Senator Sebastian Lender of Georgia, a Democrat in We, the People.
    Assisting with the V2 to HOI3 converter

Woah, nice empire you have there. The thing is, every country is an uncivilized country.
    That's a problem with the converter; if I let it run for a bit it would work fine. Were you able to get the save to work?

Great!
    Will continue to follow
    Hopefully things will turn out well and you'll have decent competition!

I anxiously await the continuation of your Roman epic good luck with the technical issues!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast