Hello, and welcome to my latest AAR project!
One thing I've never done in any PI game is form Italy -- I came close with an EU 3 complete game with Milan, but got HttT the day it came out and my save (obviously) didn't work. So, I asked the readers of my Russian AAR to vote on an Italian country to choose -- in the end, it came down to Tuscany and Naples, and Tuscany won by a landslide, so that's why we're here. (If you'd like to read my Russian AAR, it's in my signature).
I'm playing with Divine Wind and the most recent beta (March 30, I believe). I've made a mini-mod, so to speak, for Tuscany. Right now, all it does is make Tuscany an Empire (instead of a Noble Republic), but I do plan to add missions and decisions. All settings will be on normal, except Lucky Nations off and I'm going to increase Land Province discovery to 150 years. I want colonization of the New World to be a good bit slower, since my goals will be hard enough as it is
House Rules for this AAR:
1) Tuscany will remain an Empire unless events in-game suggest a possibility to switch to another government (I'm being purposefully vague here -- toying with the thought of creating an uber-Empire style government where you get Imperialism too).
2) I cannot break the Infamy Limit. Ever.
3) I will not actively campaign or try to become Holy Roman Emperor -- if I do, I will not form the HRE.
4) I will only cancel missions if they are impossible -- if there's even a 1% chance I can pull it off, I will do my best to accomplish it.
5) Tuscany will always be Catholic, unless the Reformation breaks out in Tuscany (either one), or 50% of my provinces stop being Catholic.
6) No editing save files (unless it's deemed necessary, and I always put these to you, my audience), no cheating, no exploits of any kind. No rage-quitting.
Here are my goals for this AAR.
1) Form Italy. Test games suggest this should be possible by 1500, if everything goes well.
2) Re-create the Roman Empire. This would include, roughly speaking, France, England, Spain, North Africa, the Balkans, Asia Minor, and the Levant.
3) Dissolve the HRE (unless I become Emperor).
4) If I accomplish 2) and 3), colonize and expand to the New World.
The only goal I am confident I will accomplish is 1). As for the rest, well, we'll have to see!
I anticipate this being a 60/40 Narrative/Gameplay mix. I'll try to save all the gameplay stuff for the end of each update, so as not to wreck immersion. I'm going to let events dictate the size of each update, so some may be very large and others very small. I will have a "State of the Empire" style post every 50 years.
I will have a prologue (to explain how Tuscany became an Empire) and pre-pause moves/situations by the end of the day.
Readers, if you are a skilled modder, I am looking to create some specific decisions, foremost a decision to create the Novum Romanum Imperium (New Roman Empire), which would primarily give Tuscany cores on all lands that should be part of the Roman Empire. I am thinking the conditions would be owning Paris, Rome, Madrid, and London. This may involve a Tag Switch, color change, and flag change as well. I welcome any assistance with this.
Feedback, questions, comments, and criticism are all welcome and encouraged. I hope you enjoy my likely feeble attempts to recreate the Roman Empire!
EDIT: I don't remember how or why it happened, but the game is on Very Easy now, probably after the reload.
This AAR is semi-interactive (approved by Mr. Capiatlist)! From time to time, I hold contests of various sorts, and if you win, you get to create a character or name a legion! I'm in the process of compiling a list of all of the great characters I've received, and will post it here for new viewers.
List of characters created by posters:
Axel Gathenhielm (II), Constantine Graecus, Lan Zhu: Michaelangelo
Alexander O'Connor, Andreas Germanicus: History_Buff
Daoud Selim Iskander: Koniggratz
Karel van Dijk: swinkee
Constantijn de Ruyter, Lucius Vorenus: Sethanon
Jean-Louis Lafayette: age_of_empires
Jean-Baptiste de Neuchâtel: Vrael_1492