• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When I am birthed in 1989 in the isolationist haven that is Japan, I shall pick up a machine gun at age 20 and march to Rome and kill all the Republicans!

Ave Caesar, Ave Roma, Ave Imperia!

In seriousness, good job. :)

It's been a good run. Is that Sweden in northern Siberia?

Good eye! It certainly is.

The end of an era. This was a great AAR from the start in 1399 to the finish in 1936. Long live the Roman Republic!

If you're looking for a bit of criticism, I have a few things to say. I feel like you definitely played it safe throughout most of the AAR. You had 3 huge enemies that you could have tackled for a great war, but Russia was your ally for most of the time, and you ignored China. I feel like that would have been a great set of chapters to see a real war that you actually had a danger of losing territory to. Second, the story was always told from a conservative aspect. That was really the only ideology in power throughout the 100 years. I feel like having a more dynamic political system would have made things a lot more fresh to read instead of just conservatism all the way through.

Of course, these are minor nitpicks. This was brilliant all the way through. You made what would have been a boring game in my hands into a riveting story with interesting characters and some great plots. You made some wars that had absolutely no threat to you seem interesting, exciting, and life-threatening! Good job man, you deserve all the praise you get! :)

Also, needed more gypsies.

I'm always a careful player in PDS games. I never start a war I don't think I can win. (Unless it's the Zulu.)

Blame the game for the political system, or blame me for not changing the upper house rules. One or the other. :)

Thanks for the kind words!

And thus, a great AAR ends

Long live the Roman Republic!

When I am birthed in 1989 in the isolationist haven that is Japan, I shall pick up a machine gun at age 20 and march to Rome and kill all the Republicans!

Ave Caesar, Ave Roma, Ave Imperia!

In seriousness, good job. :)

Thanks!

That was great. I think next I'll check out your HOI3 AAR and see what you've done with it. Any plans to get TFH?

I will buy it the exact moment I have a spare $20. I've had an AAR concept in my head for quite some time, but haven't yet tried it out. With TFH (and Custom Game Mode!!) I think I can.

Brilliant work Avindian, this behemoth of a tale finally comes to an end. Now onto waiting for your von Hohenzollern AAR. :)

You shouldn't have to wait too long for that; Tuesday at the latest.

Great job, Avindian.
You told a wonderful story and got me addicted to Paradox Games in the process.
I really loved the NRI adventure.

So... HoI3 yes or HoI3 no?

Great work!!!

Like others have commented if I would have to say some "but..." it would be the fact of having conservatives all time at power although I agree that game uses to do that so it is not exactly your blame. :D Anyway, great to see an AAr of the real Roman Empire and covering two games.

Consider me a follower of the Hohenzollerns and HoI3

Great job, Avindian.
You told a wonderful story and got me addicted to Paradox Games in the process.
I really loved the NRI adventure.

So... HoI3 yes or HoI3 no?

Excellent!

To answer your question, HOI3... eventually. Maybe. :) I'd really like to, it's a question of the amount of editing I'd need to do and the fact that I'd need TFH first.

Great work!!!

Like others have commented if I would have to say some "but..." it would be the fact of having conservatives all time at power although I agree that game uses to do that so it is not exactly your blame. :D Anyway, great to see an AAr of the real Roman Empire and covering two games.

Consider me a follower of the Hohenzollerns and HoI3

Glad to have had you along; I really enjoyed writing this, even if the politics were a bit predictable.

Woah, China's army was huge. :eek:

I'm glad to see that the Roman Republic crushed everyone economically. I'll be patiently waiting for the sequel, if it ever happens. Rome isn't done yet. ;)

Woah, China's army was huge. :eek:

I'm glad to see that the Roman Republic crushed everyone economically. I'll be patiently waiting for the sequel, if it ever happens. Rome isn't done yet. ;)

You're absolutely right; China was pretty scary. :)

For hearts of iron 3 until october 3rd their is a steam sale with expantions only being $2

For hearts of iron 3 until october 3rd their is a steam sale with expantions only being $2

I'll have to check that out; ordinarily I wouldn't buy the expansions from Steam, but if it's only $2...

EDIT: TFH is still $20. Oh well.

i will miss this AAR and im so sad that it is over :sad: . ill probably be watching your other AAR's so good luck with them ;)

Thanks, and glad to have you along in this AAR and those! :)