• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well folks, we're coming up on the Holiday season and you already know almost everything about Crusader Kings II. So instead of a regular dev diary, let's run a little Q&A session. So, let's hear those questions and Santa Claus might just answer them. :)

About the multiplayer, I assume that means the multiplayer is as stable as or even more stable then, say, EU3 multiplayer? Though I never played it myself, I had heard that the original CK had some pretty big multiplayer issues.

Can we mod in new Empires to be created in game like other titles (ie. the Crusader Kingdom titles)?

You can mod in any title you like. But the de jure structure can't change dynamically once the game has started.

edit: Wait, what happened to Brother Bean? :(

He's busy creating Salem :)

I guess my questions were lost yesterday, so I’ll better ask again.
1. I wonder, which tribes are represented on the modern territory of Latvia and Estonia at the beginning of the game?

2. Is there republics, and if yes how does they look?

Don't know if has been asked before.

I saw it was possible to invite nobles to your court. But is it also possible to do so outside of your country? To stimulate how Scotland and Pommerania invited Norman and German Knights to become Barons?
Also if so do they take their technological knowledge with them (building castles or the heavy knights) ?

Same with Jerusalem? How does it work there? How do Independent Crusader States get new nobles? :)

You can mod in any title you like. But the de jure structure can't change dynamically once the game has started.

He's busy creating Salem :)

I'm confused. So, by not dynamically, you mean that I can't claim England and France and make some new Empire in game without first creating the supporting files in the Database, GFX and localisation, or that Empire titles that don't exist at the start of a game cannot be claimed during the run of the game, like the Kingdom of Jerusalem or the Kingdom of Africa?

I'm confused. So, by not dynamically, you mean that I can't claim England and France and make some new Empire in game without first creating the supporting files in the Database, GFX and localisation, or that Empire titles that don't exist at the start of a game cannot be claimed during the run of the game, like the Kingdom of Jerusalem or the Kingdom of Africa?

The first one. And two empires can't overlap each other.

Can a character hold multiple emperor titles?

Is Southslavic a single culture or is it divided into multiple cultures?

Also, are Oriental Christians separate Christian religions or Orthodox heretics game-mehanic-wise?

Will there be a groom (husband) finder? Sorry if already answered.

Yes.

I'm not at work so I can't check the files. Ask for some specific cultures and I'll see if I can remember if they're in the game or not.

Are there duchies that are within two kingdoms, like Holstein in CK1?

Not de jure. Every county belong to one duchy, and every duchy to one kingdom.

ps. God jul och gott nytt år

God Jul!

Will there be a groom (husband) finder? Sorry if already answered.

Yes.

I'm off for Christmas holiday so no more answers from me for a couple of days.

Merry Christmas

Also, are Oriental Christians separate Christian religions or Orthodox heretics game-mehanic-wise?

IIRC in one of the videos a map of cultures was shown and I think I saw Serbian. so they are not grouped together. how many of them are there I do not know.