+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnage Al Dente - A CptEasy multiplayer AAR

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

Carnage Al Dente - A CptEasy multiplayer AAR

Starting countries played by humans (it will change along the way)

UK (Zid)
    France (Maxyboy)
    Poland (New Player)
    Soviet Union (Sir Henry)
    Germany (Daphne)
    Italy (CptEasy)
    Japan (Gamla Stan + New Player)

Version: For The Motherland v3.05

Staring Year: September 1938

Prologue:
    Time to let slit the dogs of war once again and cause global carnage. We have changed to FtM and few of us have really had the time to test it. Therefor, we have not adjusted our House Rules to it, so we'll see if we get any surprices. We have only done one minor change to HR (Victory condition) as last game did not really show us if our HR was good or not as diplomacy/threat was the main reson for the outcome.

I will take on Italy for the first time. I have not played them very much but have been beating them a few time as UK - so I have a few ideas. Actually, I have a quite distinct strategy. We will see how it all turns out. We also have some new players in the group. Poland is a board game veteran but a total HoI-noob while the extra player on Japan is a veteran to the HoI-series but quite noobish to HoI3. It will be interesting with so many player with diverse back grounds and experiences. It means everything is possible. So sign up and join Il Douche as he (tries to) follow in Ceasar's footsteps.

.................................................. .................

Index

Chapter I - Setting up (September 38 - April 39)

Chapter II - Initiating Wars (May 39)
    Chapter III - Plenty of Ingredients for a Rich Carnage Pasta Sause (June 39)
    Chapter IV - Wehrmacht Goes West (July - August 39)
    Chapter V - The Battle of France (September - November 39)
    Chapter VI - The Battle of France, part II (December 39 - February 40)

Chapter VII - Italy at War (February - April 40)
    Chapter VIII - Japan at War (February - April 40)
    Chapter IX - The War at Sea (May - July 40)
    ---------> UK Addendum to Chapter IX
    Chapter X - Global Sparring (August - September 1940
    ---------> UK addendum to Chapter X
    Chapter XI - Global Sparring part II (October - November 1940)
    ---------> UK addendum to Chapter XI
    Chapter XII - Operation Barbarossa (December 1940)
    ---------> UK addendum to Chapter XII

Chapter XIII - Operation Barbarossa Part II (January 1941)
    ---------> UK addendum to Chapter XIII
    Chapter XIV - Operation Barbarossa Part III (February - March 1941)
    ---------> UK addendum to Chapter XIV
    Chapter XV - Free the Frog (March - April 1941)
    ---------> UK addendum to Chapter XV
    Chapter XVI - The Romanian dilemma (May 1941)
    Chapter XVII - The Struggle for Persia (May - July 1941)
    Chapter XVIII - Free the Frog, 2nd try (August 1941)
    ---------> UK addendum to Chapter XVII and XVIII
    Chapter XIX - The Push for Moscow (August 1941)
    Chapter XX - The Push for Moscow part II (September 1941)
    Chapter XXI - The Roar of the Bear (October 1941)
    Chapter XXII - Free the Frog, 3rd try (November 1941)
    ---------> UK addendum to Chapter XXI and XXII
    Chapter XXIII - The Regia Marina is sailing out (December 1941)
    --------> UK addendum to Chapter XXIII

Chapter XXIV - The Attack on Sicily (January 1942)
    Chapter XXV - The United States of America (February 1942)
    Chapter XXVI - Slug feast in the ruins of France (March and April 1942)
    --------> Uk addendum to Chapter XXIV - XXVI
    Chapter XXVII - Operation Carnival (May 1942)
    Chapter XXVIII - the Battle of Paris (June 1942)
    Chapter XXIX - The New Front (July - September 1942
    Chapter XXX - Manouvering (October - November 1942)
    Chapter XXXI - The Attack on USA proper (November - December 1942)

Chapter XXXII - The New Front (January 1943)
    Chapter XXXIII - The Push for Moscow (February 1943)
    Chapter XXXIV - Doom (March - April 1943)

Chapter XXXV - Epilogue

.................................................. .................

House Rules

affected these house rules and we thank you all for thoughts and advices. In a dream-world, we would rather modd than use House Rules, but we either lack knowledge or time (depending who of us we’re talking about for this. Feel free to comment.

• Axis players can play all Axis countries. Allied/Commie players can play all Allied/Commie countries and Nat China. Allied/Commie players are allowed to play CAN and POL even if they are not allied. Allied/Commie players are allowed to play USA in 1941 (if other house rules have not activated this already).

• Game starts Sept -38 on speed 3 until 1939. Then on speed 2 until “Danzig or war” when we go to speed 1. Alternatively, GER player can lower to speed 1 after May 1st, 1939. No pausing is allowed except for technical or rl-problems.

• Players must declare wars themselves. “Call to arms” only to AI.

• Poland must oppose “Danzig or War”.

• No unholy alliance

• Mol-Rib pact is voluntary

• USSR has special trade rules until 1941 (or war with any other major). They must accept all Axis deals if the deal doesn’t put USSR on a negative balance for that commodity. Axis-nations are bound by honor to not suggest deals that are “impossible or unlikely” to be accepted.

• Japan and Italy can only declare limited war on USSR. GER must declare war by themselves but may declare a “full” war.

• USSR must go “Bitter Peace” if Stalingrad, Leningrad, Moscow and Vladivostok falls.

• If USSR has the highest threat towards US, they are not allowed to DOW neutrals. This restriction is cancelled after Barbarossa or 1 July 1941.

• Axis has fleet restrictions until US joins. Japan and GER/ITA can only rebase to each other’s spheres of interest if they can reach it with a “transport” order.

• All player countries may send 2 divisions of expeditionary forces to a country within the same faction.

* Japan may not send any forces to the west before Barbarossa or July 1941. The opposite goes for European Axis.

* Japan must break all their trade deals with USA when they DoW Allies (and not offer/accept new one if US is AI run).

* Allies may put a player on USA when Japan DoWs Allies (or when USA are accepted into Allies due to Axis threat (not due to Commie threat)).

• USA may not move troops, navy or planes in the pacific until they join Allies. This does not include their mainland west coast.

• USA may not place troops in Allied provinces before they become Allies. They may not in any way lend or give troops to the Allies before they enter the war.

• Allies may not “allow dept” to other human played Allies – but to AI run minors is ok. USA may always “allow dept” to whom ever. Axis may “allow dept” to whom ever.

• The players are “bound by honor” to never stall a war (in order to stay on war economy etc.)

• Nations can build 4 para-brigades per 100 base ICs

• Players are only allowed to build +5 of any fort in any province

• Minors are allowed to “license build”. Majors can only have 12 IC of “license build” active at any time. They are however, always entitled 1 unit being lb at any time, regardless of the cost (meaning that it’s ok to build 1 bomber even if it costs more than 12 IC. 1 brigade, however, is considered 1 unit).

• Players are not allowed to build units as reserves.

• Convoys must be on for periods of time as the game allows a newly opened convoy to immediately retrieve everything that’s been piling up (Bug!). Players are “bound by honor” to not blip them on and off. A newly started resource convoy must be on for at least 3 weeks before it can be turned off (but if all convoys are sunk before that they don’t need to add extra’s of course

• The game ends in mid 1945. Allies/Commies must have 2/3 of the VPs to win (Hoping to prolongue a game where Axis-advance has stopped)
    Last edited by CptEasy; 07-09-2012 at 16:03.
    Cpt Easy's multiplayer AARs
    Chaos Carnage (TFH mod) (Finished) Blitz Carnage (FtM 3.05) (Finished) .. Sudden Patriotic Carnage (FtM 3.05) (Finished) .. Carnage Al Dente (FtM 3.05) (Finished) .. Royal Carnage (HoI SF 2.04f) (Finished) .. Sudden Carnage (HoI SF 2.04b) (Finished) .. Years of Jolly Carnage (SF) (Finished) .. Wildfires (HoI III) (Finished)
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .
    AARland Choice AwAARds Winner (Round 1, 2011) (Round 3, 2011) (Round 1, 2012) (Round 2, 2012) (2nd half 2013)
    WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 13, 2011 Weekly AAR Showcase 25th Dec 2011 and 27th May 2012
    Winner of Iron HeAARt 2011, Iron HeAARt 2012 and Iron HeAARt 2013

Hearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

I'm certainly following this, it sounds awesome!

Seeing you as Italy will certainly be radically different to your previous campaign. I have to say, you had me with the title alone

Good luck!
    Seed of the Magyar -- Hungarian A.A.R. Completed

Very Well, Alone! A British H.P.P. Semper Fi A.A.R

'Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth lasts for a thousand years, men will still say, “This was their finest hour!”' Churchill, 18th June 1940

Support freedom, oppose al-Assad.

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    More players, excellente!

I loved your previous ones so I can't wait to see how this goes. Good luck with Italy, I look forward to your glorious Mediterranean Conquest!
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Stay out of Axis, ignore Russia, go for Roman Empire!
    GM and Last of the Carolingians in:
    Sunday night MP Megacampaign: God Will Know His Own
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)
    Proprietor of one Lord Strange Cookie. , WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 6, 2011

Great!

You are exactly playing the nation I wanted to see.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Excellent, another Carnage AAR Will be following this one for sure!!! And looking forward to seeing how you do as Italy!
    MEIOU cookie From Gigau.

Hm I would have liked to see Japan, nevermind Italy is fine too

Italy is interesting in that unlike popular belief it is usually more profitable to go for a static defense fortress europe kind of thing with yugo and greece and use ur excess to help germany in russia
    "Never has so much been surrendered by so many to so few"
    -British opinion of the Italian army in North Africa during WW2

Nice to see another carnage game.

Hopefully the 2/3 vp rule may give the chance for some grinding retreat play if the axis onslaught fails. Previous games have stopped a bit abruptly I must say.

Italy really stole the show last game but without closing Gibtaltar or Suez.. so I'm guessing a higher degree of sneakyness will be applied in this game.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

A lovely early Xmas present!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings II500k club

Are you going to join the Axis?
    Your life is your life don’t let it be clubbed into dank submission.
    Be on the watch there are ways out.
    You can’t beat death but you can beat death in life, sometimes.
    And the more often you learn to do it the more light there will be.
    Your life is your life.
    Know it while you have it.
    The gods wait to delight in you.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    No HR concerning gamey amphibious landings?

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post
    Are you going to join the Axis?
    I can't tell you that right away, now can I

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    No HR concerning gamey amphibious landings?
    Hmm... no... unfortunately. The big discussion on the forum started after we had initiated this game, and thus the creation of new House Rules was too late. Still, as UK is not likely to get the rather unique position in this game like in the previous, they wont have the luxury of throwing various amphibious attacks in various directions. Also - I think with the last game fresh in mind those of us, like myself, who are likely to be on the recieving end of such landings, will be extra careful this time around. But you can't guard yourself against everything so we'll see how it turns out. I know you think we have tilted the HR to far to the Allied advantage, but I don't think we have - and I hope I can be able to prove it to you
    Cpt Easy's multiplayer AARs
    Chaos Carnage (TFH mod) (Finished) Blitz Carnage (FtM 3.05) (Finished) .. Sudden Patriotic Carnage (FtM 3.05) (Finished) .. Carnage Al Dente (FtM 3.05) (Finished) .. Royal Carnage (HoI SF 2.04f) (Finished) .. Sudden Carnage (HoI SF 2.04b) (Finished) .. Years of Jolly Carnage (SF) (Finished) .. Wildfires (HoI III) (Finished)
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .
    AARland Choice AwAARds Winner (Round 1, 2011) (Round 3, 2011) (Round 1, 2012) (Round 2, 2012) (2nd half 2013)
    WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 13, 2011 Weekly AAR Showcase 25th Dec 2011 and 27th May 2012
    Winner of Iron HeAARt 2011, Iron HeAARt 2012 and Iron HeAARt 2013

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEasy View Post
    Still, as UK is not likely to get the rather unique position in this game like in the previous, they wont have the luxury of throwing various amphibious attacks in various direction
    Why would you think that? The UK player can still easily do the Sicily landing and / or knock out Italian Lybia (which should get abandoned in MP games anyway, imho). He can also easily conduct landings at any point in Italy proper while keeping the Germans at bay in the North Sea. Zid should be able to concentrate the Royal Navy in this area to oppose the Kriegsmarine while Maxboy can take the whole Marine National to the med to deal with the Italians. Starting in 1938, Italy lacks the doctrines to successfully oppose either of these forces.
    Well, we'll have to wait and see.

On the bright side, I'm sure you'll be more careful when it comes to generating threat. Knocking out Yugoslavia, ok but other countries should be left alone.

YES!

I'm sure that it will be as grand as always!

The 2/3 VP rule is an interesting idea. I'm wondering how it will play out.

When do you begin?

Lybia's importance is that it's air bases/ports let the allies attack any part of italy requiring many many more garrisons. If your goin fort europe that isnt rly a problem because you have so much infantry or militia spam but going a more conventional balanced aprouch in land/sea/air holding libya is key

Edit: also you can easily hold sicily just put 3 corps of infantry on it and 8 all togther in southern italy u have the manpower
    "Never has so much been surrendered by so many to so few"
    -British opinion of the Italian army in North Africa during WW2

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

And let the war begin!

Here's to another fun AAR!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I've never played MP so I'm very interested to see how players going about fighting each other in this game! And playing Italy should be a real challenge I'm thinking!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sept 38 is a weird start date , not one of the scenarios ...
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast