Starting countries played by humans (it will change along the way)
Poland (New Player)
Soviet Union (Sir Henry)
Japan (Gamla Stan + New Player)
Version: For The Motherland v3.05
Staring Year: September 1938
Time to let slit the dogs of war once again and cause global carnage. We have changed to FtM and few of us have really had the time to test it. Therefor, we have not adjusted our House Rules to it, so we'll see if we get any surprices. We have only done one minor change to HR (Victory condition) as last game did not really show us if our HR was good or not as diplomacy/threat was the main reson for the outcome.
I will take on Italy for the first time. I have not played them very much but have been beating them a few time as UK - so I have a few ideas. Actually, I have a quite distinct strategy. We will see how it all turns out. We also have some new players in the group. Poland is a board game veteran but a total HoI-noob while the extra player on Japan is a veteran to the HoI-series but quite noobish to HoI3. It will be interesting with so many player with diverse back grounds and experiences. It means everything is possible. So sign up and join Il Douche as he (tries to) follow in Ceasar's footsteps.
Chapter I - Setting up (September 38 - April 39)
Chapter II - Initiating Wars (May 39)
Chapter III - Plenty of Ingredients for a Rich Carnage Pasta Sause (June 39)
Chapter IV - Wehrmacht Goes West (July - August 39)
Chapter V - The Battle of France (September - November 39)
Chapter VI - The Battle of France, part II (December 39 - February 40)
Chapter VII - Italy at War (February - April 40)
Chapter VIII - Japan at War (February - April 40)
Chapter IX - The War at Sea (May - July 40)
---------> UK Addendum to Chapter IX
Chapter X - Global Sparring (August - September 1940
---------> UK addendum to Chapter X
Chapter XI - Global Sparring part II (October - November 1940)
---------> UK addendum to Chapter XI
Chapter XII - Operation Barbarossa (December 1940)
---------> UK addendum to Chapter XII
Chapter XIII - Operation Barbarossa Part II (January 1941)
---------> UK addendum to Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV - Operation Barbarossa Part III (February - March 1941)
---------> UK addendum to Chapter XIV
Chapter XV - Free the Frog (March - April 1941)
---------> UK addendum to Chapter XV
Chapter XVI - The Romanian dilemma (May 1941)
Chapter XVII - The Struggle for Persia (May - July 1941)
Chapter XVIII - Free the Frog, 2nd try (August 1941)
---------> UK addendum to Chapter XVII and XVIII
Chapter XIX - The Push for Moscow (August 1941)
Chapter XX - The Push for Moscow part II (September 1941)
Chapter XXI - The Roar of the Bear (October 1941)
Chapter XXII - Free the Frog, 3rd try (November 1941)
---------> UK addendum to Chapter XXI and XXII
Chapter XXIII - The Regia Marina is sailing out (December 1941)
--------> UK addendum to Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV - The Attack on Sicily (January 1942)
Chapter XXV - The United States of America (February 1942)
Chapter XXVI - Slug feast in the ruins of France (March and April 1942)
--------> Uk addendum to Chapter XXIV - XXVI
Chapter XXVII - Operation Carnival (May 1942)
Chapter XXVIII - the Battle of Paris (June 1942)
Chapter XXIX - The New Front (July - September 1942
Chapter XXX - Manouvering (October - November 1942)
Chapter XXXI - The Attack on USA proper (November - December 1942)
Chapter XXXII - The New Front (January 1943)
Chapter XXXIII - The Push for Moscow (February 1943)
Chapter XXXIV - Doom (March - April 1943)
Chapter XXXV - Epilogue
affected these house rules and we thank you all for thoughts and advices. In a dream-world, we would rather modd than use House Rules, but we either lack knowledge or time (depending who of us we’re talking about for this. Feel free to comment.
• Axis players can play all Axis countries. Allied/Commie players can play all Allied/Commie countries and Nat China. Allied/Commie players are allowed to play CAN and POL even if they are not allied. Allied/Commie players are allowed to play USA in 1941 (if other house rules have not activated this already).
• Game starts Sept -38 on speed 3 until 1939. Then on speed 2 until “Danzig or war” when we go to speed 1. Alternatively, GER player can lower to speed 1 after May 1st, 1939. No pausing is allowed except for technical or rl-problems.
• Players must declare wars themselves. “Call to arms” only to AI.
• Poland must oppose “Danzig or War”.
• No unholy alliance
• Mol-Rib pact is voluntary
• USSR has special trade rules until 1941 (or war with any other major). They must accept all Axis deals if the deal doesn’t put USSR on a negative balance for that commodity. Axis-nations are bound by honor to not suggest deals that are “impossible or unlikely” to be accepted.
• Japan and Italy can only declare limited war on USSR. GER must declare war by themselves but may declare a “full” war.
• USSR must go “Bitter Peace” if Stalingrad, Leningrad, Moscow and Vladivostok falls.
• If USSR has the highest threat towards US, they are not allowed to DOW neutrals. This restriction is cancelled after Barbarossa or 1 July 1941.
• Axis has fleet restrictions until US joins. Japan and GER/ITA can only rebase to each other’s spheres of interest if they can reach it with a “transport” order.
• All player countries may send 2 divisions of expeditionary forces to a country within the same faction.
* Japan may not send any forces to the west before Barbarossa or July 1941. The opposite goes for European Axis.
* Japan must break all their trade deals with USA when they DoW Allies (and not offer/accept new one if US is AI run).
* Allies may put a player on USA when Japan DoWs Allies (or when USA are accepted into Allies due to Axis threat (not due to Commie threat)).
• USA may not move troops, navy or planes in the pacific until they join Allies. This does not include their mainland west coast.
• USA may not place troops in Allied provinces before they become Allies. They may not in any way lend or give troops to the Allies before they enter the war.
• Allies may not “allow dept” to other human played Allies – but to AI run minors is ok. USA may always “allow dept” to whom ever. Axis may “allow dept” to whom ever.
• The players are “bound by honor” to never stall a war (in order to stay on war economy etc.)
• Nations can build 4 para-brigades per 100 base ICs
• Players are only allowed to build +5 of any fort in any province
• Minors are allowed to “license build”. Majors can only have 12 IC of “license build” active at any time. They are however, always entitled 1 unit being lb at any time, regardless of the cost (meaning that it’s ok to build 1 bomber even if it costs more than 12 IC. 1 brigade, however, is considered 1 unit).
• Players are not allowed to build units as reserves.
• Convoys must be on for periods of time as the game allows a newly opened convoy to immediately retrieve everything that’s been piling up (Bug!). Players are “bound by honor” to not blip them on and off. A newly started resource convoy must be on for at least 3 weeks before it can be turned off (but if all convoys are sunk before that they don’t need to add extra’s of course
• The game ends in mid 1945. Allies/Commies must have 2/3 of the VPs to win (Hoping to prolongue a game where Axis-advance has stopped)