+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trials of Orabilia MacDuib - A Beta AAR

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    Amazing! Orabilia the Patient.
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

Fun read, thanks for doing it. Game continuing to look great. Now... more, more! :P

Edit: As in more beta AARs in general, not just this one.
    Last edited by Bballman23; 15-11-2011 at 22:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Bballman23 View Post
    Fun read, thanks for doing it. Game continuing to look great. Now... more, more! :P
    Yes, are you going to do more?

If all else fails, you could just host the pictures elsewhere and just supply the unimbedded links?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maizel View Post
    Yes, are you going to do more?

If all else fails, you could just host the pictures elsewhere and just supply the unimbedded links?
    He said this was it earlier in the thread. As for elsewhere hosting, that's probably a breach of NDA.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    thats not correct. there is one more. child, young, middle aged(30) and old(50).
    Oh snap! Well there ya go. I thought there was only three!

This is pretty good. Would like to see even more AARs. Also what would be really awesome would be a "Let's Play" video put on youtube.

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I just love that you started in Scotland! I wonder if Cumbernauld is in it :P

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

Really digging the interface. The tabs seem very handy.

A bit confused about the characters on the map. Are they members of your court sent abroad on missions? Are they the characters displayed on the active tab?

For instance, on this one, the fellow standing in Dunbar is presumably its Duke, to judge from the little tag. Makes sense, but what's the deal with the trio standing in Fife? Are they the players courtiers (I'd guess bishop, marshal and chancellor/steward)? Or are they the player's vassals, representing a baron, bishop and maybe a town?

If I had to guess, I'd say this is some sort of diplomacy map-mode showing Orabilia's vassals and her immediate liege.

Also, I love that AI lieges will now reward players for being loyal friends! Makes total sense that the King would take lands from a troublesome vassal and give them to an old friend/in-law who has a "legitimate" claim on them. Gives the player another way to climb the social ladder.

I'd be interested in seeing this continue. For instance, what will happen when either the King or Orabilia dies? Without that personal bond of friendship, will the crown start to regret making the MacDuib so powerful?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great to hear they will be more. One thing I love about this AAR is that she is a lesbian. That means homosexuality is in the game. A nice little feature.
    My AARs: Inkwell, my AARs are near the bottom of the page, the 4th last on page 11

"....You might have a very minor case of serious brain damage...."

Wheatly from portal 2

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Deaghaidh View Post
    A bit confused about the characters on the map. Are they members of your court sent abroad on missions? Are they the characters displayed on the active tab?

For instance, on this one, the fellow standing in Dunbar is presumably its Duke, to judge from the little tag. Makes sense, but what's the deal with the trio standing in Fife? Are they the players courtiers (I'd guess bishop, marshal and chancellor/steward)? Or are they the player's vassals, representing a baron, bishop and maybe a town?

If I had to guess, I'd say this is some sort of diplomacy map-mode showing Orabilia's vassals and her immediate liege.
    Those are the court members sent out on missions. It's shown and explained in Johan's video preview of the game here: http://sv.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive Check it out, it's good stuff.

Glad to see it's possible to play both female and gay characters. The latter opens the possibility for having a character surpass Alexander's conquests in all regards.
    Economic theory: P → Q, P ∴ Q, QED
    Economic practice: P → Q ∴ {!P} = ∅, QED
    Economic research: P → Q ☡ ∴ Q, QED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisHoi 2 BetaEuropa Universalis IV

Really digging the interface. The tabs seem very handy.

A bit confused about the characters on the map. Are they members of your court sent abroad on missions?
    Yes. Those guys are councilors doing research for new techs. Check out Doomdark's dev diary on the Council. (I see that Frezzin beat me to this.)

That's Orabilia's chancellor. He's in Dunbar forging some documents that will permit her to claim the county.
    HOI2, HOI3, Semper Fi, For the Motherland: Dirigierender Chefredakteur, Buchhalter der Rohstoffe
    Victoria - Revolutions: Fabrikknecht
    EU3: Reichskanzler
    Pride of Nations: Staatssekretär des Kolonialamtes
    CK2: Ausgebildeter (!) Lehrling

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

So did she ever take advantage of her homosexual trait to boost relations with certain choice females? Is such a thing possible?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I'm curious why it says "Fertility: -15.0% (monthly)". Surely it isn't cumulative, where you eventually reach 0 fertility (or next to zero)...

Also, yes, I'm curious, can one take on a lover of the same gender then? I recall some nobility having "favorites", though that may be out of CK's time frame.
    List of AARs:
    House Tyrell in Seven Kingdoms: A Game of Thrones MultiplayAAR
    Gesta Capetingorum - Updated upon the twelfth day of September, the year of our Lord and Savior 2014

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesRome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The graphics look so good!
    If there's any doubt about the meaning of my posts in a serious discussion then I think both sides are equally wrong because then I get to claim the moral highground.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

"Monthly" truly is mysterious. My best guess is that means that if you're gay on the first you have that 15% penalty every month, even if you get all pious and replace homosexual with chaste on the third. The only flaw with this theory is that it implies there're some traits that are annual/bi-annual/etc., and I can't think of any trait that would make sense for.

As for lovers I sincerely doubt there's gonna be a straight-lover feature. It looks a lot like we'll get what we got in CK1. One-off events every time you sleep around. Which means a gay event could be cool from flavor purposes, but in gameplay terms the only potential effect is that you might be caught.

Regardless I doubt our source Kreigspieller can answer these questions. He's under heavy NDA, and could only post this mini-AAR after clearing it with Johan, which means if we're getting an answer it'll probably come straight from Johan himself.

Nick

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

-15% means that the normal monthly chance to get pregnant is now 15% lower. As in, was 10% per month, is now 8.5% per month. So you need 15% longer to achieve pregnancy.

As shown, she still has three children even with this trait.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Hope you enjoy this.. There will be more in the future..
    I will be holding you to that... Also, that AAR was awesome! CK II appears to be able to seize upon weaknesses of CK I and turn them into strengths of the new game! This has got to be one of my most highly anticipated games for the past 6 months!
    Voltaire - "I would rather be ruled by one lion than by one hundred rats."

My Inkwell

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
    This is very nice. But I confess to one worry. Suppose I am playing a larger realm, perhaps even a kingdom. If I have to manage this level of intrigue and character planning for my entire court, wouldn't it get to be overwhelming after a while?
    I suppose as a king, you will have all your vassals fighting for their own titles between them. In this example, the king attacked a bad vassal and give a reward to a good one which appeared to have the claims, so he doesn't mind about the tiers that are below unless one of them threaten him. If the countess (now duchess) would have intriged to become Scotland's queen, no doubt he would have crushed her.

Essentially, I think a king should worry when all is too calm in his kingdom, because that means either that no-one has any ambition or that they are planning to give him trouble. This is counterweight however by the fact that you know what are your relationship to those people. So basically, you have to worry about people from your rank or just below you, maybe also if a character is really successful, but you won't have to interfer if you are the HRE in a plot created by counts of nowhere about the poor duchy of whatever.
    Mes AARs:
    CK: (mort à cause d'imageshack)
    EU3 NA IN: In nomine imperia(interrompu pour un temps indéfini)
    Commerce, guerre et colonies, l'Archiduché d'Autriche (1483-1540)
    CK2 : --à venir éventuellement--

« [...] Nous ne sommes pas les derniers colonisés de la terre, mais les premiers affranchis du vieux monde des États-nation. »
    « [...] We are not the last colonized of the Earth, but the first emancipated from the old world of nation-states.»
    -Pierre Elliott Trudeau, 20 mai 1980

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast