• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The last panel killed me.
Indeed, the last panel's a killer!
:)

This is tremendous. I have no doubt that we will all be wondering the true significance of the crabs. Is Dalip the crab, hemmed in and restricted by the shell of constitutional restriction? Is India the crab, protected by the wise expansion of her Panjabi rulers? Am I lightheaded from reading this, or just because its two in the morning and I'm binging on tea?
Ah, philosophy, quite. :)
Yes, quite. Philosophy itself may be viewed as a crab… somehow. ;)

Did you already use the last panel once, or am I having a deja vu the size of the moon?
You are most likely having a deja vu the size of the moon!

How can so few words carry so much meaning? I keep re-reading your last update and each time I come away with a different interpretation. I think you just blew my mind.
That’s the great thing about using as few words with as vague a meaning as possible! :p

Hum, Dalip starts immersed in a green liquid ... OFC that is water :p

Anyway, I still maintain that Dalip should cut his absinthe and use something safer ... say , like good ol'opium :D It would help the Indian economy and all :p
Dalip! Don't you know that absinthe is a weapon of the Western Imperialists?
We will fight them with their own weapons… or something along those lines! Besides, China takes care to absorb all of Punjab’s excess opium. :p

brilliant :) just read teh whole thing! :D
Thank you! :)

I’m going on vacation for a couple of weeks. I’ll have my laptop with me and may find the time to draw some new pages, but I won’t be on the internet very often during that period. Just a heads up if you see no signs of life from me for over a week (and no, I don't have a page ready before I leave, sorry).

I hope your vacation sucks just so you will need to edit this forum to stop the boredom from setting in. ;-)

joking, joking, of course. Enjoy the R and R.

Just a question for when you get back, but is there any chance of developing an Indian navy to keep the British at bay?

I hope you have a good vacation, but I'll miss seeing your updates
Thanks, the vacation is going great, so far! I’ll try to prepare a page at some point, but it’s not very convenient for me here.

I hope your vacation sucks just so you will need to edit this forum to stop the boredom from setting in. ;-)

joking, joking, of course. Enjoy the R and R.
Heh, nah it’s been great so far. Thus the lack of updates…

Have a good holiday

*subscribed*
Thanks! :)

This AAR is dead :/
No! Don't say those things!
Nonsense. He's on vacation.
Not dead, just resting in the shade, catching an August breeze in the countryside very near Olympia.

Just a question for when you get back, but is there any chance of developing an Indian navy to keep the British at bay?
No research has yet been conducted in naval techs, but it will be a necessity at some point. Great Britain is running out of land-locked colonies in India, and once I start liberating coastal areas they will be able to blockade them, thus hurting my warscore incrementally. The trouble is that Panjab/India is technologically backwards as it is, so I doubt I’ll be able to afford enough naval research to match the British. I’ll have to depend on massive local numerical superiority, sweeping their blockading fleets and running away should they decide to send a big fleet after me.

45: Succession III

His inheritance will include the sash, right? :D

Heh, when Dalip took the throne he was the inexperienced youngster. Now he's the ageing statesman and his new prospective PM is the one needing all the guidance.

Reversal of power dynamics too, seeing as Gunkaar will probably have most of the power in the constitutional monarchy, with Dalip probably stepping into an advisory role.

Also, is that a smirk or a grimace on Dalips face in the last panel?

Heh, when Dalip took the throne he was the inexperienced youngster. Now he's the ageing statesman and his new prospective PM is the one needing all the guidance.

Reversal of power dynamics too, seeing as Gunkaar will probably have most of the power in the constitutional monarchy, with Dalip probably stepping into an advisory role.

Also, is that a smirk or a grimace on Dalips face in the last panel?

Reversal of roles indeed.

Now I do hope Ranjit Singh is given a proper retirement fund.... say Ceylon?

Well this can't be good. Soon enough we have some kid marching the army all the way to Paris just to prove he is as good if not better than old grandpa.

Last edited:
Or if Dalip's feeling schemey enough, turn Gunkaar into some sort of figurehead when he gets elected.

Alternatively, he could just accidentally send him off the wall, into a vat of water with sharks in it, and spikes on the bottom, and a cannon firing into it. All on accident of course.