• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Sultan points out that Ruh should be painted British Blue...

Also, the Sultan is highly amused to see that the Austrian and Italian moves are exactly as we predicted and requested, respectively.

The balance of power in the game seems to have shifted, subtly. Much will depend on the GM's handling of the British disband...

The Sultan points out that Ruh should be painted British Blue...

Also, the Sultan is highly amused to see that the Austrian and Italian moves are exactly as we predicted and requested, respectively.

The balance of power in the game seems to have shifted, subtly. Much will depend on the GM's handling of the British disband...

It will not work. We stand with Christendom, united to fight the Turk, and preserve civilization in Europe.

We know, and we will not stand the depredations or the intrigue of the Turk. We are the guardians of Europe. The Crescent shall not be.

Despite the fact that the intrigues of the Turk kept you alive?

Tsk tsk...so ungrateful.

I do admire your fortitude and tenacity in aiming for a second place finish behind the German Empire. Ever since Bismark came along, you've been relegated to second fiddle in Europe...

:D

Despite the fact that the intrigues of the Turk kept you alive?

Tsk tsk...so ungrateful.

I do admire your fortitude and tenacity in aiming for a second place finish behind the German Empire. Ever since Bismark came along, you've been relegated to second fiddle in Europe...

:D

And now the wretched Turk attempts to sow distrust between two pillars of civilization and order, knowing that if we stand united, we will push back the Turkish hordes.

And now the wretched Turk attempts to sow distrust between two pillars of civilization and order, knowing that if we stand united, we will push back the Turkish hordes.

Actually, my plans are predicated on the pillar of this game (the Austro / German alliance).

My 'hordes' as you say, have not set foot on national Austrian soil. My 'hordes' were instrumental in causing the collapse of the Russians, an implacable foe of the rightful Emperor in Vienna.

My 'hordes' will continue to defend resolutely.

The elite forces of the Austrian Empire will continue to command our respect. Her diplomats are always responsive...and cunning as well.

The Sultan is enjoying this game...and hopes that it shall continue for a long...long...time. And at the end of it, that a team as well-oiled and functional as the Austrian diplomatic team might be the winner.

Actually, my plans are predicated on the pillar of this game (the Austro / German alliance).

My 'hordes' as you say, have not set foot on national Austrian soil. My 'hordes' were instrumental in causing the collapse of the Russians, an implacable foe of the rightful Emperor in Vienna.

My 'hordes' will continue to defend resolutely.

The elite forces of the Austrian Empire will continue to command our respect. Her diplomats are always responsive...and cunning as well.

The Sultan is enjoying this game...and hopes that it shall continue for a long...long...time. And at the end of it, that a team as well-oiled and functional as the Austrian diplomatic team might be the winner.

Now the Turk resorts to flattery, to soften us so he can slip the scimitar...

Now the Turk resorts to flattery, to soften us so he can slip the scimitar...

Have I ever been less than honest with Austria? I am not advocating that you turn about and attack Germany or Italy, as though would be definitely outside your interest. I want to help Austria attain great power status, without the need for German protection, or the assistance of the Italians.

Your distrust is admirable, and indicative of how strong the Turk still is.

Besides, even when we are direct enemies, your emissaries still deign to meet with my emissaries. In that routine lies the hope that we will not always be at war.

Other nations, (may they rest in ignomious exile) thought that silence would cover their foolish actions...they have since paid the price for neglecting the finer points of diplomacy. I do not see that fate awaiting the citizens of the Emperor.

With all that said, if I go down to the ignomy of defeat, I will do my utmost to ensure that Austria gains the most from my demise.

What the hell? I don't even have a private message from you joeb...

Oh I have one from Enkhuush.

2 3 (after factoring in daylight savings) hours after deadline.

Its even after other people have sent in dead-hand orders.

Well done.

Last edited:
Have I ever been less than honest with Austria? I am not advocating that you turn about and attack Germany or Italy, as though would be definitely outside your interest. I want to help Austria attain great power status, without the need for German protection, or the assistance of the Italians.

Your distrust is admirable, and indicative of how strong the Turk still is.

Besides, even when we are direct enemies, your emissaries still deign to meet with my emissaries. In that routine lies the hope that we will not always be at war.

Other nations, (may they rest in ignomious exile) thought that silence would cover their foolish actions...they have since paid the price for neglecting the finer points of diplomacy. I do not see that fate awaiting the citizens of the Emperor.

With all that said, if I go down to the ignomy of defeat, I will do my utmost to ensure that Austria gains the most from my demise.
You are so sweet, wanting only Austrian and Italian greatness (cf. previous pm's). That's really nice of you. :)
In order to accomplish your goals most easily and quickly, may I suggest the following set of orders?
F Eas - Syr
F Aeg - Smy
A Bul - Con
A Gre - Bul
F Sev - Bla
A Rum - Sev
A Gal - Ukr
Appreciate it, thanks. ;)

Other nations, (may they rest in ignomious exile) thought that silence would cover their foolish actions...they have since paid the price for neglecting the finer points of diplomacy.

This is a good point. In the current Anglo-German War, there's been no communication since I explained my builds (let's not restart that argument) but this isn't surprising because it appears it will be a fight to the death. Status quo ante bellum is unacceptable to the British, and I'd be mad to accept anything that didn't significantly weaken the British relative to me now that we're no longer friendly.

In Diplomacy II, near the start, Tami was the last person to reply to correspondence from everyone, if at all (at least, he got back to us really late, and everyone else said similar). By the time he'd clarified what he was doing, Russia, Turkey, and Italy (IIRC) thought he'd been plotting against us and laid plans to dismember him.

Communication is vital, which is why it's unfortunate I'm not managing it with everyone, every turn. Maybe I really ought to engage a junior diplomat for that purpose...