• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Lol, this is kinda funny, looking back at the history of the nationalists. First, they break from the conservatives and then they split in two. Reminds me of so many RL parties))

((You guys wouldn't have needed to plit if you guys had remembered we split because many of the Conservadores were siding with the Liberales. Once the Conservadores stopped voting Liberale, there was no real difference between our parties, except military policy and several small things preventing an unwanted merge.))

(( You could name yourselves the Communion Tradicionale. ))

Though the demise of the Partido Monarquíco is truly a victory for democracy in Chile, there still remains the threat from the Liberales. We must look to the future and build a Bloc of Nacionales and Conservadores which is capable of hold off the anarchy which the Liberales seek to institute as state policy. I would also advise Presidente Romano to look closely at his supporters, ministers, and generals, and to think hard about whether or not they are truly committed to Chilean democracy, or if they work solely for power and would do anything they could to achieve as much of it as possible. We do not need another challenge to Chilean democracy from within the elected government itself.

((I like Rogov's proposed name for the new party. It reminds me of the traditionalists from Spain who supported the Carlists, they had a party named the Comuníon Tradicional with the same politics as our Nacionales Independientes.))

Last edited:
Remember, Senor, that the Liberales brought about a decade of growth, prosperity and prestige. The past five years have seen only the end of an already decided war, economic stagnation, and international indifference. So I doubt our "anarchic" beliefs have harmed Chile significantly.

"Thank you my supporters for showing such faith and support to my candidacy. I am honoured to have been re-elected for this post and to once again serve the people of Chile as President. This is my second but also my last term, the law dictates that no man can sit longer as presidente than two terms. What will happen after this term is yet unclear, but at the end of my second term I will have had 20 years of experince in government, whereas half of those years has been as el presidente. This term I have an ambitious plan, as ive also said in the campaign. Railroads -all- over Chile and the Industrlization Act. My term will focus almost solely on the economy so that whoever might take leadership of Chile after me, will have the best possible start on his term.

This ambitious plan has the purpose of not only to silence my critics, but also to make Chile a better place. On a side note, I have in my last term improved Chilean and Brazilian relationship. In order to finalize our strong position in south america, is a military alliance with Brazil. The alliance has the purpose to forever stay secure against the Bolivians, the Peruvians and Argentinians. With such an alliance, even if they all three struck us, then they could not defeat us. Which is why I wish the congreso to vote on an alliance request to Brazil which -if approved- will be signed in Santiago, and thus be called the Pact of Santiago."

- El Presidente

Though the demise of the Partido Monarquíco is truly a victory for democracy in Chile, there still remains the threat from the Liberales. We must look to the future and build a Bloc of Nacionales and Conservadores which is capable of hold off the anarchy which the Liberales seek to institute as state policy. I would also advise Presidente Romano to look closely at his supporters, ministers, and generals, and to think hard about whether or not they are truly committed to Chilean democracy, or if they work solely for power and would do anything they could to achieve as much of it as possible. We do not need another challenge to Chilean democracy from within the elected government itself.

((I like Rogov's proposed name for the new party. It reminds me of the traditionalists from Spain who supported the Carlists, they had a party named the Comuníon Tradicional with the same politics as our Nacionales Independientes.))

I take offence to that remark. I am wholly for the defence of Chile and what the Chilean identity stands for. The fact that you're insinuating that I'm only in this for the power is quite surprising. If I was in this solely for the gain of power then I would have voted for Romano to secure my position. I did not, because I supported both sides equally and thus put my position at risk. So, I would ask you to reconsider your statement as I am not into it for personal power, and I am certain that I am not the only one.

- General Jorge Alejandro Santandera

I take offence to that remark. I am wholly for the defence of Chile and what the Chilean identity stands for. The fact that you're insinuating that I'm only in this for the power is quite surprising. If I was in this solely for the gain of power then I would have voted for Romano to secure my position. I did not, because I supported both sides equally and thus put my position at risk. So, I would ask you to reconsider your statement as I am not into it for personal power, and I am certain that I am not the only one.

One who take such offence at remarks which fail to identify any individual person must obviously have something to hide.

One who take such offence at remarks which fail to identify any individual person must obviously have something to hide.

"I'd like to stress that I know my supporters and where they stand. I have chosen them carefully and they all have my full confidence that they will carry out their work to the fullest and abide by democratic rules."

- Presidente Romano

"This ambitious plan has the purpose of not only to silence my critics, but also to make Chile a better place. On a side note, I have in my last term improved Chilean and Brazilian relationship. In order to finalize our strong position in south america, is a military alliance with Brazil. The alliance has the purpose to forever stay secure against the Bolivians, the Peruvians and Argentinians. With such an alliance, even if they all three struck us, then they could not defeat us. Which is why I wish the congreso to vote on an alliance request to Brazil which -if approved- will be signed in Santiago, and thus be called the Pact of Santiago."

- El Presidente

Pallen, we already have an alliance with Brazil. They fought with Chile in both the liberation of Potosi and Patagonia.

Pallen, we already have an alliance with Brazil. They fought with Chile in both the liberation of Potosi and Patagonia.

((Oh i thought they just intervened, sorry))

One does not necessarily have to have something to hide in order to feel offended at your remark. You expressed an utter lack of confidence in the President, as well as all the people who have dutifully executed those tasks that they were entrusted with. Your rapidity in trying to point out faults in individuals who have performed their duty admirably, and also in accusing them of subverting the authority of the state of Chile is most repulsive.

((out of character I just wanted something to comment on something :D))

Mr. Senator Manuel Armando Prieto de las Casas, I laugh when you claim that the Liberales are a threat to democracy. We have kept the tradition alive for our years of rule, and we have greatly improved Chile in many ways: we have enlarged our military, we have expanded our borders and set the standard for the following presidents. We have brought many highly literate immigrants and incorporated them into our nation and succesfully used their superior knowledge to beat our enemies. We have kickstarted the economy and you all owe us a big thank you. I see no way that the liberals have harmed the nation.

Also, it seems that the generals and the conservatives are really plotting something. Let us keep Chile free! Let me present my Military Transparency Bill that proposes that a minimum amount of generals (at least two) must be from opposition parties, so that no coup can effectively undermine our democracy.

((Chile is seriously needing some liberales. I mean, dude there's like three major blocs: the conservatives, the militarist nationalists and the reactionary nationalists ))

"Mr. Zapeda, an army created on the basis of politics is an army destined for defeat..A military destined to in-fighting and a failure to cooperate. Furthermore, while agreeing with many of your political points, you must realize the Liberales have tarnished their name, by the actions of Former Presidente Badajoz and General Zapeda, in attempting to cement long term Liberale control."

-General Cesar Roseno

I agree with General Roseno's assessment of such a bill. To politicize the military in such a way is almost a certain way to cause immense strife in the future. I would oppose any such bill. I do wish that President Romano give the Partido Liberal more say in the government; we could have easily changed the balance of this election, had not I and other leaders of the party chosen to back him rather than Roseno or simply abstain.

And, Senor Prieto, I feel that you are quite insecure about having any opposition party, any idea that diverges from your own narrow worldview, and are ultimately more concerned with unanimity of ideals than the freedom of expression. The Liberales are a force for freedom, though some of our members may not represent it perfectly. I advise you to remember that Zepeda was a moderate, and aligned heavily to the cause of the Nationalistas, and his views were overwhelmingly out of step with the majority of Liberales. As well, there was support for the 1845 coup from many people, and transcended party lines. That you feel that we Liberales are conspiratorial and corrupt does little to show your willingness to accept opposing views, which have legitimacy, and brought Chile great wealth and success less than a decade ago.

Mr. Senator Manuel Armando Prieto de las Casas, I laugh when you claim that the Liberales are a threat to democracy. We have kept the tradition alive for our years of rule, and we have greatly improved Chile in many ways: we have enlarged our military, we have expanded our borders and set the standard for the following presidents. We have brought many highly literate immigrants and incorporated them into our nation and succesfully used their superior knowledge to beat our enemies. We have kickstarted the economy and you all owe us a big thank you. I see no way that the liberals have harmed the nation.

Also, it seems that the generals and the conservatives are really plotting something. Let us keep Chile free! Let me present my Military Transparency Bill that proposes that a minimum amount of generals (at least two) must be from opposition parties, so that no coup can effectively undermine our democracy.

By your statements, the Liberale led coup several years ago did not harm the nation then, and was infact beneficial to Chile. No matter.

By bringing politics into the military, you are, as General Roseno has said, weakening our ability to adequately defend Chile. I myself see nothing that suggests anything is being plotted, but your suggestion to weaken the military and Chile seems suspisious to me.

((Chile is seriously needing some liberales. I mean, dude there's like three major blocs: the conservatives, the militarist nationalists and the reactionary nationalists ))

((Don't try spreading your Liberale lies to us! We are above such nonsense :p))

"Such a bill is -out of question-. The liberales have greatly been minimized since Badajoz for obvioius reasons, and I agree with you Mayor de Santa, but General Carrow is a liberales and he has a spot in the military. Thus I have had the Liberales represented in the government since my first term, where I had no obligations to include the Liberales given the grand support for my presidency. But it is true you did support me in this election, but it is far from all liberales and it is far from being a deceseive amoutn of support. Nonetheless I have generously allowed Carrow to hold his generalship and represent your party despite what little support i was given.

Another thing I wish you to understand, is that during Badajoz two terms, the Conservadore votes did ultimatetly place the Liberales in power, but yet the party failed to represent -any- conservadore policies and values. I have the support from -all- my Conservadore party members and atleast twice as much support from Partido Nacionale, and I had and have to make up for 10 years of Liberale rule, where my party failed to give our voters any influence, and our coalition partners also needed to be rewarded for their support, which left little room for a liberal minister, yet I was generous enough to allow room for a liberal general."

- President Romano