• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I endorse the proposal of alliance with the Axis powers.

Where was the Allies respect for democracy when they invaded the Free State, the republican redoubt of Chile in the years of the fascista tyranny? The Americans butchered our soldiers and drove us into the sea. The French sought to do the same, before they were thwarted by the efforts of Admiral Alvarez. These are not the friends of Chile - these are her enemies. The more powerful the United States grow, the more she shall make efforts to exert her control over the Southern Continent. We must not fall prey to American hegemony. We must align ourselves with the enemies of the United States, and so preserve the independence of our great nation from foreign domination.

- Charles Maximilien, Prince de Conti

"I know I should probably not be one to talk about preserving people's lives after my failed coup and all, but why must we get involved in the other nation's affairs? Our nation already is the most powerful in the world, the navy is almighty, what purpose would we have sending our troops away to die for the other nations? All that would come from it would be we would have less soldiers defending our people, and less men in the nation, and joining any of the sides would invite the other sides to bombard our lands, when our cities are not rebuilt yet. It is probably laughable that I am talking about all of this after I attempted a coup. If we end up getting involved with this conflict because you people seek war after preaching about how we shouldn't be seeking war then I request to be sent to fight with the army, and most likely die. I'd rather die fighting for Chile than die in a jail."- statement from Carlos Ramone de Guerro

Axis!<-----((this one))

Let the golden eagle of the Andes stretch its mighty wings once more! The Americans and the Europeans are no match for a modern Chile!

---The Ghost of Angelo Araya---
---The Ghost of Caitan Crazzio---

Allies!

Let Chile fight tyranny and oppression at every turn! Viva democracy!

---Estevan Evarado---

Comintern!

Let us usher forth a final Global Workers' Revolution!

---Ghost of Basilio Bautista---

Chile must not become involved in the foreign affairs of imperialists. Neutrality is the only way to a better Chile.

((People please only post one vote... Cavebear, I also have two characters with different views and I had to choose only one, just to make it clear to thunderhawk))

Alejandro Silva has moved to Mexico to leave the remainder of his life there

Loud footsteps are heard outside congress chambers, suddenly the doors burst open and Ernesto F. Fuentes, who happens to be 90 years old, walks in; "Hello Comrades! What a pleasant day today, anyhow, I say we should support the Comintern!"

"Miguel del Alvarado has travelled to Spain where he got a work in the embassy in Portugal"
((And here my life ends in SOTA))

I am happy to see that the reconstruction is going so well, but I am greatly concerned about aligning ourselves towards any one faction; I support Neutrality, but would not necessarily be opposed to the Allies. Chile cannot join either these Fascists or the Comintern, for both are utterly unfree and built on tyranny, which Chile has long tired of. We have seen the failures of totalitarianism, and the have been disgusted by the corruption, the ruthlessness, and the sheer weakness it has presented us. Indeed, Chile must remain free, and, if possible, unaligned to any one side. But the Allies are by far the best choice to align to.

I can't understand this nonsense.. people wanting to side with the western powers when all they want is diminish our power. Only the Axis will make us defeat our enemies and the communist threat.

-General G. Tottenheim

"If we are to get involved in this, I offer myself as a General of the Chilean army, though you probably won't trust me. I have proven myself a capable General when I quelled the rebellions, but alas, my attempted coup doesn't look good on me. If we are to get involved, I urge you to put someone who has experience and capability in command of part of our force, obviously not a large amount, maybe one of the smallest armies. I know I did some wrong to the nation, and I hope to repent for it by leading our army to victories over any of the Fascist and Communist nations that will most likely arise from this. My time under arrest has made me rethink on my past, and I am regretful for my attempts to bring down Farias, not because it failed, but because I cost the lives of many men. I offer my apologies to Farias, and the people of Chile, and I offer practically all of my funds, leaving just enough to allow me to live if I ever am released, to the rebuilding of Santiago, as well as compensation to the families of those killed in the civil war I caused. I know I cannot bring their lives back, but I am deeply sorry.

I would like to continue serving Chile until my death, I hope that Farias will allow this one request to continue my role in the military, serving, maybe even leading one of the armies, as I have experience as I have stated already. If not a commanding role of one army, then at least a continued role in the military in some way."
- Carlos Ramone de Guerro

Carlos Ramone de Guerro, failed Revolutionary, has made several considerably large donations to various charities for those killed in wars, as well as donations to families that lost people in the civil war, as well as to businesses damaged by the fighting. After some serious debating, de Guerro was released from prison, and it is currently in flux as to what will happen concerning the military and his role in it after he requested Farias allow him to continue leading an army as he has experience commanding armies.

Here are the results so far:

The Fate of Chile
Axis: 5
Allies: 7
Comintern: 2
Neutral: 6

So, with 20 votes in, the Allies have a very slight lead over the proponents of neutrality and the Axis, with the Comintern as a distant fourth.

And to answer a question, the UK has lost four wars to the French.

Axis, because the allies have never been our allies. And if allies are not our allies, we have a problem.

I ask those who voted for the Axis and the Comintern, for it seems the chances of Chile to fight alongside them are slim. That you support neutrality over going to war with the nations you support.

Chile has the chance to become the most influential international power with the axis as his allies.

If anything, it is those who wish tos ide with the Communistos that should change their allegiance. Allies only has one more vote than both axis and neutrality.

"I remember when all of you preached that we should not seek war, yet here you all are, seeking war. What hyprocisy. We should remain neutral, and not get involved in this affair."- Carlos Ramone de Guerro