• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Captain Gars

Lead AI Programmer
4 Badges
Oct 4, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • 500k Club
  • Paradox Order
Based on a few negative ratings, we have a rather bad score on Metacritic that doesn't seem to reflect the general opinion of the game. If you like Sengoku, please show your support by registering your rating here:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/sengoku

The paradox community is too strong

353o6b.jpg

Man, some people are just dumb.

I was reading one of the 'professional' reviews there, the one that gave it a 50, talking about how useless women are in the game.

Yeah, giving half their stat bonuses to guys, being able to force other bloodlines to merge with yours through marrying heirs, bringing single unattached courtiers from other clans into your own family, totally useless.

And the user review that gave it a 0 because 'i spent 30 minutes flying around da map herp derp wit no clue wat 2 do' that 3 people agree with.

I weep for the future

Id give the game a 70 right now, but knowing Paradox they will patch the game up to an 89 at least.
Victoria II was so terrible before some of the patches, so its just a thing of patience.

Probably because the gmae isn't dumbed down like most other games lot of people don't understand how to play it. They are too lazy to read the tutorial messages and the manual. Then they go and post how bad the game it is... like the guy who rated it to a 0. Wonder how he even manages to turn on his computer.

These types of Paradox titles always get lower reviews because the wrong people review the game. Some editor who's idea of a strategy game is Civ Revolutions on his DSLite get assigned to review it and bam, you get a 50 from IncGamers. This has always been the case. Sad state of affairs.

One of the problems with Metacritic is that you can't rate the professional critics. That would be fantastic.

Posted my review.

Considering it was 3.3 when I posted this, you guys have done a good job :)

LOL. I see some wiz kid gave it a zero, right after a reference to Shogun 2 TW and mentioning he didn't know what the hell he was doing:

A fairly shameful display if you ask me. I spent thirty minutes flying around the map wondering what was going on...

:rolleyes:

Talk about "shamefur dispray". Check out the big brain on Brad. :laugh:

I spent thirty minutes flying around the map wondering what was going on

Lol, read the comments. There are some real brainiacs there rating this game. And it is this dude's 0 that lowered the average so much.

I think you shouldn't worry with grades given by this kind of crowd.

The writer of the "critic review" pointing 74 judges the game in the point of whether he likes or dislikes the product. Fathermore, his article is rather the description or introduction of the game, not true critic at all. I don't think it is good attitude for game writers...

I'd say a 7 is abour right for the moment. The announced little tweaks will push it to an 8. In a way, just like you need to invest time in the game itself, you need to give the game some time to improve.

I usually hesitate to buy most Paradox titles until at least the second major patch; this isn't for lack of love-- but potential game breaking bugs are pretty common. From the demo I'd say this game has no lack of potential-- Paradox games don't tend to score high as the average gamer suffers from ADHD and these types of games require patience.

Metacritic is a depressing reflection of the corruption in gaming journalism. I don't know why anyone would consider basing their purchase off that site. Score systems in general are just arbitrary numbers pulled out of the ass of the reviewer and either color the contents of the review or discourage reading it all together. It doesn't help when gamers are programmed to think of 5 out of 10 as awful rather than average thanks to the stupid 7-10 scoring system on many mainstream gaming sites.

Reactions: