• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Army of Christ the Redeemer, will control the Northern half of Israel me thinks
Actually the concept was based on this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Resistance_Army

May I suggest a Turkish faction called the "Brothers of Kemal". Like a progressive (for a post-Apoc) civilization
Sounds good to me! Since we're discussing turkey, does anyone know how to make the Sea of Marmara a normal strait? I want to have Istanbul suffer a direct nuke hit, and obviously, that'd lock the blacksea off - do not want!

I want a Zulu Empire (Africa) and a Brotherhood of the Holy Word (Middle East).
Zulu Empire would make a good counterpoint to the death-spasms of Oraanje, but what are you thinking for with the Brotherhood? Pretty much the entire middle east is a blank canvas right now.

Also maybe a post-apoc Israeli Police State. It's logical that the IDF would resort to protecting the Jewish people, even after the end of the world.
They could, though it might be hard, Haifa and Tel Aviv are both hard waste - but I can see an Isreal surviving, due to fortuitous fallout... ;)

What about a (non- cliche) pirate state in Madagascar.

And a Republic of Western Sahara (independent after morrocos collapse)

Sounds good to me? So Western Sahara = the entire coastline?

My waepon for global wasteland domination will be Black Sea Republic!!!
In Africa the fractions can be close around natural resourses. Some kind of a Mining Corporation that uses old pre-apocalyps mining tools.

Good choice - pretty much the entire coastline from Burgas to Moldavia ;)

And nice concept. I was thinking of having Oraanje be a kind of De Beers kleptocracy.

Last edited:
Sorry for the re-post.
In Africa the fractions can be close around natural resourses. Some kind of a Mining Corporation that uses old pre-apocalyps mining tools. For example where was Angola there can be the capital of Blood Diamonds Brotherhood(BDS) , and where is Sierra Leone they can have some more provinces. BDS can be in war and versus Republic of Western Sahara.

wait why would africa be nuked in the first placed... every other nations had it coming to them but african nations seem a bit less likely to be nuked more likely to be invaded. so africa can be the bully nations to others for once.

technocratic state in former switzerland (depends on how hard the fallout hit switzerland), founded from surviving top scientists and a strict dictatorship (of sciene)
name could be Technokratische Union (Technocratic Union) or, more dramatic, Technokratische Republik Schweizer Nation (Technocratic Republic of the Swiss Nation)
maybe they use the CERN near Genf for some anti-matter shit :D

and in this timeline they would hopefully aquire this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun
they already fired a 33MJ (!!!!!) shot in 2010, imgaine what beasts they would have in 50 years
and the first plans were developed by some german scientists during WW2 so, this should exist in this timeline too

and a second suggestion: highly conservative catholic state in bavaria (again depending on the fallout)
of course a theocratic state with absolute rule of the church

and somewhere in europe maybe a state (like in the fallout mod)
Former European Union, most likely the last bastion of democracy in europe (maybe) and with the goal to unite europe once again (or even more!)?

Last edited:
wait why would africa be nuked in the first placed... every other nations had it coming to them but african nations seem a bit less likely to be nuked more likely to be invaded. so africa can be the bully nations to others for once.

African nation splitup and change from modern footprint is for 2 reasons - 1) Colonisation was just ending, but hadn't ended when the war kicked off, thus tribal boundaries and such could mean more to various people. 2)Given the tendency toward dictatorship, and the sudden loss of Western economic input and output, I could see a painful spasm period where either a slide toward tribalism happens, or a afro-western hybrid style democracies start to emerge.

Sorry for the re-post.
In Africa the fractions can be close around natural resourses. Some kind of a Mining Corporation that uses old pre-apocalyps mining tools. For example where was Angola there can be the capital of Blood Diamonds Brotherhood(BDS) , and where is Sierra Leone they can have some more provinces. BDS can be in war and versus Republic of Western Sahara.

There'd be no use for blood diamonds, given the collapse of Western Diamond purchasing markets. Well, industrial use perhaps, but I could see the whole painful thing being discarded as suddenly Warlord's favourite currency is hardly worth the blood used to acquire it. Unlike Narco, people can't really do anything with diamonds but look at them ;)

technocratic state in former switzerland (depends on how hard the fallout hit switzerland), founded from surviving top scientists and a strict dictatorship (of sciene)
name could be Technokratische Union (Technocratic Union) or, more dramatic, Technokratische Republik Schweizer Nation (Technocratic Republic of the Swiss Nation)
maybe they use the CERN near Genf for some anti-matter shit :D

and in this timeline they would hopefully aquire this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun
they already fired a 33MJ (!!!!!) shot in 2010, imgaine what beasts they would have in 50 years
and the first plans were developed by some german scientists during WW2 so, this should exist in this timeline too

and a second suggestion: highly conservative catholic state in bavaria (again depending on the fallout)
of course a theocratic state with absolute rule of the church

and somewhere in europe maybe a state (like in the fallout mod)
Former European Union, most likely the last bastion of democracy in europe (maybe) and with the goal to unite europe once again (or even more!)?

Schwyz was something I played around with, but I am worried about over populating Europe at the detriment of Asia and Africa right now. Same reasons with Bavaria - also I randomly have Silesia in, and there's another polo-germanic state around Gdynia, with a Lithuanian-Latvian mix south of Riga to implement yet, as well as Al-Andalus.

E.U. Didn't exist in this time line yet.

What about a few new nations that start organizing within a few years after start of game (say 1 nation every half a year) so after three years you would have 5-6 new nations. That would make things interesting as well...these nations come into existence after a few wanderers (if any after the fallout :p) start organizing and so on...I like the idea of having minor fallout areas and major nuclear zones where there might be more radiance etc.

Any chance of implementing some sort of technology that will be able to use nuclear waste to good use? (E.g. as source of energy, weaponry...) so the provinces you conquer/colonize that have nuclear waste etc. could be used for good use as well (against the cost of lower manpower maybe as people get a shorter life expectancy :D etc.) you could use one of the province resources for it (rare materials perhaps) to be able to use it.

What about a timeline / short history of the nations / world?

Tim

p.s. good luck, will surely be following this ;)

i will just continue to throw out all ideas i have, you have to judge them^^

whats with the revival of the siam dynasty?

or buddha monks survived in the mountains of tibet?

and what happened with china, did the commies won the civil war? did they get nuked to stoneage afterwards? did their gov just fell apart after fallout from russia?
maybe if just the gov. fell apart the warlords from the 30's could make a revival?

What about a few new nations that start organizing within a few years after start of game (say 1 nation every half a year) so after three years you would have 5-6 new nations. That would make things interesting as well...these nations come into existence after a few wanderers (if any after the fallout :p) start organizing and so on...I like the idea of having minor fallout areas and major nuclear zones where there might be more radiance etc.

Any chance of implementing some sort of technology that will be able to use nuclear waste to good use? (E.g. as source of energy, weaponry...) so the provinces you conquer/colonize that have nuclear waste etc. could be used for good use as well (against the cost of lower manpower maybe as people get a shorter life expectancy :D etc.) you could use one of the province resources for it (rare materials perhaps) to be able to use it.

What about a timeline / short history of the nations / world?

Tim

p.s. good luck, will surely be following this ;)

I like the appearance of nations concept, and given that there will be portions where you have Skullboys (read: REB) stomping around for ages before the existing nations appear on the scene, that could be interesting. Just have to implement events to force them into peace with the Wasteland.

I'm thinking currently of replacing Money with 'Clean Water' but this is subject to change. Rather than editing the materials system, I was thinking of just reducing manpower and providing tech-teams and resources to the first people to acquire certain provinces - not sure if the enhanced DH system tag system can be used to keep track of whether country X or country A through W now holds Province Y or not beyond the initial "We have Y!" message - unless I make that a generic event message, which checks for who it fired for before and then removes the tech-team... blah. I'm not 100% yet on the whole idea, a system may emerge.

Timeline is purposefully vague, but the existing nations will get fleshed out histories.

i will just continue to throw out all ideas i have, you have to judge them^^

whats with the revival of the siam dynasty?

or buddha monks survived in the mountains of tibet?

and what happened with china, did the commies won the civil war? did they get nuked to stoneage afterwards? did their gov just fell apart after fallout from russia?
maybe if just the gov. fell apart the warlords from the 30's could make a revival?

Siam isn't currently in the game, but mostly because I have an irrational dislike of Siam. I will probably put them in.

Tibet will also probably be in (I mean, I let Nepal exist, so I should be fair)

China is something of a bug for me. I think that fallout would have drifted south from Russia (according to my weather knowledge, the wind blows east most of the year.) The Communists could potentially still be holed up somewhere, but I thought most of the interior would be pretty slagged - Sun Yee On currently holds a decent segment of the coastline, but I was thinking of some Hydraulic Empire type setup appearing in the centre lands, with potential to split and fracture.

uh uh uh KM !!!
total blitzkrieg in my mind !

ALIEN LANDING...
in alaska or siberia (just any fking remote area full of radiation)
alien organism/live form based on radiation (got attention of earth cause of all that shit happened?)

we are in the future, their must be aliens !

Hansestadt
Trade League City what?

As a general comment, it is rather... disconcerting... to have some names be in native language and some be in English. Why Norge, for instance (and on that note: how did Norway, but not the nominally neutral Sweden, survive? Holing up in mountains doesn't really work - Sweden has those too - and considering wind-patterns Norway really wouldn't be that much less effected by fallout...)?

Last edited:
Hmm. It was intended to imply plural trade league cities ;)

And The reason for the mingling of languages is intended for slight disjointed effect - At the time of the scenario start, there is no global lingua franca anymore :)

You say the apoclypse was 75 years before 2064? Maybe there could be a faction that equates to stranded UN peacekeepers in Bosnia and the people they've helped/had equipment stolen by.

Also, I offer my services with my Brothers of Kemal GFX, if you put it in the game.