• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
-fixed a bug where the JAP AI kept declaring war on the USA in late 1941. It wasn't comparing IC levels correctly, and so never realised there was no hope of victory.

Haha!

Actually, I believe they planned on some big punch that would decrease National Unity enough to get some early peace with Pacific under Japan's influence. Too bad you didn't include the peace event. :D

My spidey senses aren't working today. I got halfway through the read before realizing that it is actual history... Nice writing. BTW, this should be pinned in the AAR section. :)

this is a brilliant thread jju! :D

Haha!

Actually, I believe they planned on some big punch that would decrease National Unity enough to get some early peace with Pacific under Japan's influence. Too bad you didn't include the peace event. :D

The dumb AI forget to check that sinking any ships other than convoys does not affect NU, then they proceed to ignore convoy raiding.

jju_57, I agree with you. The new AI sucks. I was playing as Germany and invaded the SU no problem, my Panzers tear the Commies apart and go straight for Moscow and Leningrad. Then the stupid AI gives me supply problems, WTF I have 99,999 supplies in Berlin but it tells me my units still can't attack, and then it's winter.

So I wait for next year, and this time I conquer all the way to Stalingrad and I'm about to take the city, the Russians only have like 300 defending troops left, and then what? My idiotic AI Romanian and Italian allies get crushed by a Soviet attack, because they haven't bothered to research any doctrines or upgrade their troops or anything. And next thing I know the SU has pocketed half my Panzer divisions because the AI couldn't defend my flanks, and when I try to rescue them guess what? Out of supply again.

So now I'm on the defensive, and the US is finally sending troops too. Allied Strats are bombing my IC, so I build a bunch of Provincial AA but it doesn't seem to do anything to stop them; Paradox needs to fix this. And my U-boats suck too, every one I send out gets sunk inside a few months, why bother including them in the game if they don't work.

Now it's 1944 and the Allies are invading, no problem I've got lots of troops to contain them. But then I get a message saying the SU captured Minsk, WTF I had 34 divisions defending there. When I look they've all just vanished, the SU destroyed them all. Get real, no way that could happen in real life. At that point I ragequit, obviously the AI cheats. :mad::mad:

jju_57, I agree with you. The new AI sucks. I was playing as Germany and invaded the SU no problem, my Panzers tear the Commies apart and go straight for Moscow and Leningrad. Then the stupid AI gives me supply problems, WTF I have 99,999 supplies in Berlin but it tells me my units still can't attack, and then it's winter.

So I wait for next year, and this time I conquer all the way to Stalingrad and I'm about to take the city, the Russians only have like 300 defending troops left, and then what? My idiotic AI Romanian and Italian allies get crushed by a Soviet attack, because they haven't bothered to research any doctrines or upgrade their troops or anything. And next thing I know the SU has pocketed half my Panzer divisions because the AI couldn't defend my flanks, and when I try to rescue them guess what? Out of supply again.

So now I'm on the defensive, and the US is finally sending troops too. Allied Strats are bombing my IC, so I build a bunch of Provincial AA but it doesn't seem to do anything to stop them; Paradox needs to fix this. And my U-boats suck too, every one I send out gets sunk inside a few months, why bother including them in the game if they don't work.

Now it's 1944 and the Allies are invading, no problem I've got lots of troops to contain them. But then I get a message saying the SU captured Minsk, WTF I had 34 divisions defending there. When I look they've all just vanished, the SU destroyed them all. Get real, no way that could happen in real life. At that point I ragequit, obviously the AI cheats. :mad::mad:

and I chuckled at this as well.

HOI3 would have to be a simulation. Therefore, the information availability would be much, much poorer and I bet that most players/the AI would do even more mistakes than the historical leaders.

Exactly :)
And you would also need to have almost no information on technologies, basically the tech tree would have to be both invisibile and non linear, so you wouldnt really know beforehand what each technology does, or if it is of any use to you before actually researching it and probably building a few units

Last edited:

Now that's the spirit! :)

Canadian troops. That made it OK.

you, sir, may can it. What other country can say it liberated an entire nation (The Netherlands) more or less single-handedly? (some British and american forces served under First Canadian Army, but they were a very small minority). No other country? Yeah, i thought so.

:p

you, sir, may can it. What other country can say it liberated an entire nation (The Netherlands) more or less single-handedly? (some British and american forces served under First Canadian Army, but they were a very small minority). No other country? Yeah, i thought so.

2 out of 4 corps is a "very small minority"?

Well I take it back, 1 British corps didn't join the Army until the Netherlands was essentially liberated. So 1 of 3.

perhaps, but the forces actually fighting through "Fortress Holland" was technically just I Canadian Corps, while II Canadian Corps and the others swung in and pushed the germans out of Northern Holland then remained in Northern Germany until the end of the war, pushing northeast to beat the Soviets to Denmark.

perhaps, but the forces actually fighting through "Fortress Holland" was technically just I Canadian Corps, while II Canadian Corps and the others swung in and pushed the germans out of Northern Holland then remained in Northern Germany until the end of the war, pushing northeast to beat the Soviets to Denmark.

I don't know about you , but pushing germans out of north holland is liberating north holland .....

What other country can say it liberated an entire nation more or less single-handedly?

No other country? Yeah, i thought so.

Well i do not know, what country liberated Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Ugoslavia(?), Austria, Chechoslovakia, Manchuko, more or less single-handedly?

What country liberated Latvia, Estonia, Croatia, Slovakia more or less single handedly?

And honestly i do not see the difference between Dutch and Deutsch.