• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
-fixed a bug where the JAP AI kept declaring war on the USA in late 1941. It wasn't comparing IC levels correctly, and so never realised there was no hope of victory.

this is a brilliant thread jju! :D

-fixed a bug where the GER AI would keep spamming new divisions even when it was low on MP and most existing divisions were low on strength.

Also: No more talk about Canadians or who liberated what. Funny thread is for fun stuff.

Actually, taking away that hindsight advantage could be done in two ways:
i) Removing every single bit of historical scripting, so you won't know what to expect. Would that still be WWII? Of course not.
ii) Making the AI make all the minimax optimal decisions. Would that still be WWII? Of course not. Germany would probably be attacked by the Soviets at the moment they start going into France, which would have twice the strength as historical.

the first diplomatic AI I did for HoI3 actually had an EU3 style min/max style. it was pretty impossible to get anything historical out of it so we fell back to much tighter scripted solution with events and country specific decisions.

Fewrfreyut made a good post too. it would be interesting to have a game where in reality there are parts of the government pulling in different directions, not following orders properly and having their own crazy agendas (its generally thought that Hitler had some skill with strategy but lost his marbles more and more as the war progressed and same with many of the people he surrounded himself with), but i suspect it would be very frustrating to play a wargame like that :p