• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The End

By mid-August, the Soviet invasion of America had stalled. It had been a fantastic victory - never before had such a large army been able to fight so far from a friendly base, and against unmeasureable odds. STAKVA in Moscow worked hard on the problems, but Russian experiance in warfare, and all that had been learned from nearly twenty years of war could not beat one simple fact - American tanks had to travel at most around two thousand miles from the factory, while Russian tanks had to travel double, if not triple that.

The pressure was begining to mount on the Soviet troops, hard pressed and far from home. The air was at best contested, and missions mounted by both sides took extreme losses again and again. However, with Los Angeles secure, the Soviets could bring in large supply convoys reasonably intact, and this helped to stiffen resistance against the Americans.

The American counter-attack came in mid-August, and was simple, yet effective. A two pronged attack, one from the north, and the other from the south, to pinch the Russian troops off from their ports and supplies, and save much fighting while ending Soviet ambitions in America.

1northpush.jpg

The Northern Pincer.

The American plan went off without any problems. Russian troops, weary from continual fighting, short of tanks and mechanized formations could not hold the Americans back. It seemed all was lost, until in the Amerika Front Command Center in Los Angeles a message from the Kremlin was de-coded.

The firebird has been released from it's cage.

Hardly a half hour passed before a Ilyushin Il-28 was hovering over the main body of American formations making up the northern pincer. It dropped its payload.

p2205985.jpg

Epicenter of the nuclear explosion used to destroy the Northern Pincer.

The exact same was replayed seven minuites later with the Southern Pincer.

The aftermath was a strange situation, as the resulting chaos created a lull in the fighting, allowing both sides to regroup, and enter the age where nuclear weapons were as much a weapon as tanks and rifles. The Kremlin had made one solid bet - that Americans would not allow President Truman to use nuclear bombs on his own citizens, or his own cities - and the bet paid off. However, Truman declared that so long as he was in a position to lead America, no surrender would be made.

What resulted was even more pressure on the Soviet pocket in south-western America. Millions of men poured towards the Soviet lines, leading to trench warfare and mass attacks not seen since the First World War.

4pressure.jpg

The bleak position of Soviet troops, faced by hundreds of American divisions.

The huge casualty list from the American front convinced the entire Soviet High Command that there was only one choice left, as be it a bloody and questionable one.

They would have to kill thousands to save millions.

The Soviet Atlantic Fleet, for long relegated to patrol duties off the European mainland, sortied into the mid-Atlantic, and under radio silence, slipped to within 100km of the American Eastern Seaboard.

On dawn on August 25th, four carrier bombers took off. Each carried a single nuclear bomb. Two headed for Washington DC, the other two for New York and Boston.

6nuclearwar.jpg

All four found thier targets.

Remember Major, my suggestion. Panama Canal to effectively end American Pacific naval interference -> Puerto Rico (death warrant without major ship advantage) -> Land in Southern Delaware -> Push to D.C.

you have removed 51 national unity. Since USA starts at what somewhere around 70 they are around the 20-30 mark depending on what has happened to the National unity through out the rest of the game. Since all of their victory points are only worth 1 you'll still have to capture large amounts of land. Or have you got enough to force surrender now.

Oh, that was a bit of a surprise ... but it won't tip the US out of the war in itself

Remember Major, my suggestion. Panama Canal to effectively end American Pacific naval interference -> Puerto Rico (death warrant without major ship advantage) -> Land in Southern Delaware -> Push to D.C.

If not this, then you do need to find some way to open up a second front to attract the US army away and force them to split up, otherwise you'll just be overrun no matter how much stronger your units are individually

Thanks for all the posts, convinced me that restart this was worth it.

A few points however. The game now has turned into a slow one. By slow I mean chronicaly. I can guesstimate that the US has upwards of at least two thousands (!) brigades, compared to my nine hundred.

Any sort of land campaign in America would require significant investment of time on my part, and time is the rarest of all commodities sadly.

I am badly torn. Part of me wants to wrap this up with something climatic and be done with it, whereas another part yearns for the well-deserved reward at the end of the long, hard road to Washington DC.

Advise me!

well I'd say go to the end ... or at least to the point where the war is effectively over,

whats in your favour ... especially now you've done the nuke thing, is the US army is as strong as it'll ever be, you can become stronger. By that I mean they will struggle for IC to keep up with the reinforcement need. To maximise this, build a load more TACs and just use them on rear area raids (you want to kill not to directly influence combats). At some stage the horde charging you should become weaker.

Also do lots of raids up and down the coast, make them waste units chasing up to your latest landing and so on.

well I'd say go to the end ... or at least to the point where the war is effectively over,

whats in your favour ... especially now you've done the nuke thing, is the US army is as strong as it'll ever be, you can become stronger. By that I mean they will struggle for IC to keep up with the reinforcement need. To maximise this, build a load more TACs and just use them on rear area raids (you want to kill not to directly influence combats). At some stage the horde charging you should become weaker.

Also do lots of raids up and down the coast, make them waste units chasing up to your latest landing and so on.

TAC's are a bad idea against the West Coast. As Japan, I launched raids on the West, and all my planes ended up being grinded in San Francisco during a series of air raids.

The result is...interesting, to say the least...

Let me guess the Americans dropped a ton of nukes on all your major cities then as Nukes remove organisation they then instantly para dropped into the cities taking them forcing surrender by yourself or isn't the AI good enough for that. either that or they kept fighting despite supposedly being meant to surrender or did they surrender to a minor ally who took little land.

Finish the fight?

The savegame is still there, though I have the massive step of moving to uni coming up soon, as well as having a social life, and with a little luck a job. Sadly not in Russia, and not in the armed forces.

I will, however, attempt to provide a conclusion that will not disapoint anyone. I feel it is the least I can do, because you all have been a great fanbase!