• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: But now we have no pro-monopoly candidate :(

I can't support or vote for any of the candidates...

Last edited:
PQq4e.png

OOC: If i remember correctly, he wants to break up the monopolies slightly

Err... Damn. So, the pro-trust camp effectively has no candidate? This changes things.

((I've found his official stance:

My policies have not changed, my fellow Americans. I have not changed. Monopolies nearly destroyed our country; while I cannot agree with Mr. Harrison's tactics, I do agree with his ultimate aim. We need a level playing field, to ensure that competition is fair, as that it is how the American system works. Any economist can tell you that monopolies are bad, but how do we correct the problem?

I would favor a tax cut on all small business owners ((I suppose that would be the middle class?)) and even consider pledging some government grants for those starting new businesses.

Not exactly what the monopolies want))

((I've found his official stance:

Not exactly what the monopolies want))

So... to get a pro-trust and anti-trust candidate, I'd have to disregard the independent vote. *Sigh*

For the purposes of this election, and this election only, I shall disregard Congressman Marshwan's vote in order to give the pro-trust side a candidate.

((I'm just sad... Why Garrett! WHY!))

I suppose I'll back Mr. Orleans, only for his economic policy; his foreign policy is far too hawkish.

((This primary has been one catastrophe after another.

Sheesh.))

Catastrophe?

It's been a mess sure, and I've had to make some uncomfortable choices, but I wouldn't call it a catastrophe.

I will agree with the last statement though: Sheesh indeed.

((I blame Austria. Oh wait..... wrong game :) ))

((I love you Lyly!))

This Federal-Democratic Coalition has been formed by myself and Governor Harrison in order to ensure the end of the great trusts. For too long we have let these businesses and their owners grow plump off unfair market practices and lax regulation. It is time to end the tyranny of the monopolies and the tyranny of the monopolists over our politics. Mr. Orleans is the embodiment of all that is wrong with the current situation and must be opposed! For workers' justice, for equal rights, we must ensure that the Conservatives do not again see the inside of the halls of power, for they shall wield such a weapon in the interests of the elite few, rather than in the interests of the broad many!

Vote Hayden/Harrison!

((I'm just sad... Why Garrett! WHY!))

I suppose I'll back Mr. Orleans, only for his economic policy; his foreign policy is far too hawkish.

I was going to throw you a bone in the manifesto anyway. ;) I would like to invite Mr Khur to be my Vice Presidential candidate?

I'm most certainly voting on Orleáns. His plans seem to be sane and intelligent, and who else would know of economy better than an industrialist? Besides, his name is Richard too, but nevermind.

((His name is Richard, and you'll vote for him on that? Hmmm, I should have used my name for my characters, then... I could have won every election!))

Thank you for whatever you're going to offer to the classical liberals I represent (we're a dieing breed). I believe Mr. Khur would be a fine Vice-presidential candidate (if not, then Carr or Garrett would be fine by me...)

((LMAO, you just saved my day!)

I and the people from Washington will not support mister Harrison in this election!

He is unlikely to find much support on the West Coast, then (certainly not in California and Washington)

(( Washington gave birth to President Bridgeworthy, who was hardly adverse to the regulation of monopolies in principle, I would imagine that's one Federal state he will keep. ))

((What upsets me isn't that I lost, but that you continued to rule that the primaries were closed, even though you "officially" closed them after 1 day of voting. But I'll refrain from rage-quitting.
And @hygge and spitfire, love you guys too :p))

I will gladly accept the VP spot for the ACP. It saddens me to see the Federalist Party fall so low and to even form a coalition with the Democrats, but it is simply something I will have to come to terms with.

Clearly this disastrous primary session shows us we need a return to the old lines of partisanship, Republicans and Democrats.

It is known.

(Why do I feel like you are going to kill off Hayden BBB, if he becomes president, to allow Harrison his Teddy Roosevelt? ;-))