• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey guys, how do you play as nations other than the ones displayed on the preview screen?

Is there any way to make the ai to build armoured divisions? In my recent games i noticed that nobody is building tanks. Only in late game a few puppets have started to build them. Is this wad or a bug? In addition the ai refuses to build motorized/mechanized in adequate numbers. Has anyone encountered similar problems?

Is there any way to make the ai to build armoured divisions? In my recent games i noticed that nobody is building tanks. Only in late game a few puppets have started to build them. Is this wad or a bug? In addition the ai refuses to build motorized/mechanized in adequate numbers. Has anyone encountered similar problems?
I can't say for sure, but I'm assuming its aging AI that's to blame. Although, France cannot really field armour unless it devotes a lot of its industry and manpower to it. If I'm wrong I hope I'm corrected, the lack of active AI coders in the KR team has been a pain to my limited knowledge.

I did play a Nat France where the communards went for Le Gentilhome (mobility doctrine). When I landed in '41ish, they had, to my horror, hordes of tanks. My petty landings where crushed, but Germany used the distraction to finally turn the tide. Confirmed this tendency in a Rep China Game, had to use nukes to dislodge the scum this time.

While im here, I have another bug to report for 1.3: White Ruthenia
If Nationalist coups succeed in Lithuania and Ruthenia and they ally, Germany gets the option to crush them. Lithuania's surrender event however automatically makes peace between Ruthenia and Germany.

Does in 1.3. version Commune of France have chance of beaiting Germnay or Germany always win as was in previous versions?
...Germany doesn't always win. I have several times seen AI France beat AI Germany. And if the CNT-FAI join the war, Germany almost always loses, although sometimes Austria's help is enough.

Is there any way to influence the first decisions of the newly found us civil war parties?
Some important events like the Foundation of the Union State trigger directly after the civil war factions declare independence ... i can't influence the decisions and it is to much to reload until every decision goes my way ... so is there any way to decide this thinks yourself, what could be changed in the trigger of the event?

I found that the "careful pianification" option is the least beneficial, as with an open market system, the discounts in production and upgrade costs allowed me to build one hell of an army in a fairly short amount of time. I know the total IC boost of central planning is tempting, but I'm glad to see that there are more benefits to being free market now. It's also easier to get to free market than central planning.

On the downside, I now have an obnoxiously large amount of money that I have no idea what to spend on. Since creating public works is only available to central planning, I would like to see decision stuff made for a free market country (or increase the frequency of private initiative flavor events).

ok, i was playing as Hungary, i selected "never" in austria's request to return to duel monarchy
germany sides with austria, everything was fine, i denied that request and chose war

and then, i get the event "German Aid Arrives" come on, really? some kind of friend germany is

so what are the chains for a united scandanavia

Non-existent :p

But seriously, Scandinavia badly needs restructuring. Might be something I do after I finished India.

Is there a way to switch to the AUS before they make their government choices? In my USA->AUS game, the AUS chose as soon as they become independent, so I was stuck with Fritz Kuhn (whom I did not want).

revolters CONTINUE to be underpowered, soviet union and america namely

no chance

every time

and not addressed at all (im angry at this fact because ive brought it up multiple times and even fixed it myself and was completely ignored)

10 obsolete divisions of militia cannot beat 30 1936 art brigaded divisions of infantry (CSA vs USA) even with the 3 way war. especially when the PSA joins the USA