• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was looking as some AAR's for smaller countries and noticed that many are using the no neutrality cheat. I don't have much experience with how the game works, what are the advantages of using the cheat? Obviously you can declare war from the start without investing in spies but is it mainly used to avoid the boredom of waiting for neutrality to go down or is it simply not possible for most small countries to do anything if they have to wait that long?

Is it possible in HoI3 to buy the license to produce the historical equipment of a different country instead of having to research your own weapons? For example if I play Poland can I use the diplomacy screen to buy the license for the Škoda LT vz.35 light tank from Czechoslovakia and then start producing units with such tanks myself?

I`ll have to mention that I`ve no experience with HoI and I`m not looking for a detailed guide on how to do that, but just to know if such a style of game is possible in HoI3.

Quick Qs:

The Wiki says there is a supply tax on muddy terrain,,, but how about throughput? Is it afftected? And, is unit speed affected by, let's say Frozen Ground?

Cheers

Spending above 100% is a waste on upgrades.
You can use production license from another country to produce "Light Tank, Medium Tank, etc." If the originator country labelled as Pzr IV, not sure if Poland label as Pzr IV or polish equiv.

Spending above 100% is a waste on upgrades.
You can use production license from another country to produce "Light Tank, Medium Tank, etc." If the originator country labelled as Pzr IV, not sure if Poland label as Pzr IV or polish equiv.
So if I read this correctly the game doesn`t actually work by having historical lists of equipment but just generic equipment(light tank, fighter, bomber etc.)? I`ve seen this aar:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...vakian-AAR&p=13244577&viewfull=1#post13244577
which has a picture(second picture in post #20) about getting a license for the german Dornier bomber. Hence my confusion.

So if I read this correctly the game doesn`t actually work by having historical lists of equipment but just generic equipment(light tank, fighter, bomber etc.)? I`ve seen this aar:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...vakian-AAR&p=13244577&viewfull=1#post13244577
which has a picture(second picture in post #20) about getting a license for the german Dornier bomber. Hence my confusion.
The names are just for flavour, stats are derived from techs and all nations can have the same stats on their units (If they are based on the same techs).

78ct2.jpg

Can anyone tell me what are the things at the bottom, the little bars? What do they do and what should I know? Help.

Can anyone tell me what are the things at the bottom, the little bars? What do they do and what should I know? Help.

Those are your practical and theoretical knowledge in the tech areas. They determine how fast you research relevant technologies and build units. You gain theoretical knowledge by researching and practical by building and fighting.
Essentially, the more you do X, the better and faster you learn to do X.

Those are your practical and theoretical knowledge in the tech areas. They determine how fast you research relevant technologies and build units. You gain theoretical knowledge by researching and practical by building and fighting.
Essentially, the more you do X, the better and faster you learn to do X.
+ they're simply a graphical representation of the adjacent numbers (although the bar fills up at 20, your actual score can be higher).
For research, no more benefit is felt beyond knowledge 20, but when building, higher practical knowledge (blue ones) always pays off. Note that some research uses the blue knowledge types (benefit capped at 20 for ~39.5% increase in research speed), but that no builds use green (theory) knowledge.

Quick Question, though forum rather then game related:

How do you add an image to a post without using the url method. I live in China and so most of the image hosting sites are blocked here. Is there no way to just attach a file directly?

What brigades can I add to a para division and still be able air drop it?

One more - suddenly my fuel usage jumped to 5,000 a day - how can I check what exactly is using how much?

Try the statistics, should be a tab there showing you fuel usage per unit type.
According to that screen, all my units together use 270 oil, still I'm losing a few thousand per day, then it goes on the plus side for a moment, and minus again. Bottomline - the losses counted monthly are much greater (i.e. 20 times as big) than what the units are using... I can't make heads or tails of it. No convoy is transporting oil...