+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 356 FirstFirst ... 10 35 60 85 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 135 160 185 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 7105

Thread: Quick Questions - Quick Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Balou View Post
    The cavalry will not increase the overall speed of a division because the overall speed is the speed of the slowest brigade in the division, i.e. the minimum and not the average. As Ksyr said, the engineers have less movement penalties in rough terrain. Though the most important advantage of adding engineers is the reduction of time for river crossing! This can be further improved through researching Bridging Equipment up to date.
    Not nececerely, since the brigade can have a movement bonus.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThronePenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Europa Universalis IV

Is there an edit to prevent Governments in Exile? I only want it so conquered countries can be annexed. No more GIE.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePHD View Post
    Is there an edit to prevent Governments in Exile? I only want it so conquered countries can be annexed. No more GIE.
    i don't think you can. at least not without major modding.
    however, GIEs are actually preferable most of the time.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThronePenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Europa Universalis IV

One last question? How do I go about editing manpower? I'd like to fiddle around with manpower for various countries. Not just starting manpower but monthly gains and what not. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePHD View Post
    One last question? How do I go about editing manpower? I'd like to fiddle around with manpower for various countries. Not just starting manpower but monthly gains and what not. Is there a tutorial somewhere?
    that can be done several ways. events, moddifiers, savegame editing, changing province values.
    take a look at the mod forum though.

Major
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Blog Entries
    Playing SF....

Is there a way to turn off which notifications I receive and which I don't? I don't want to have to click the box away every 2 seconds when a convoy is sunk either by me or someone else...

Quote Originally Posted by TDT25 View Post
    Playing SF....

Is there a way to turn off which notifications I receive and which I don't? I don't want to have to click the box away every 2 seconds when a convoy is sunk either by me or someone else...
    sure, just take a look at the message settings.

Why does Automotive Industry strat. resource say 'build time +15%? Shouldn't it be -15? I'm on FtM 3.05.
    Requesting help from an experienced HOI 3 player in improving my skills, so I may be able to do an AAR of my own, one day.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourLeviathan: WarshipsSemper Fi
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Barvinok View Post
    Why does Automotive Industry strat. resource say 'build time +15%? Shouldn't it be -15? I'm on FtM 3.05.
    I believe 3.06Beta addresses this.
    ztanz wrote:
    Dakk made me laugh, I love this forum <3

Major
    Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by TDT25 View Post
    Playing SF....

I'm not sure about SF, but I think you can right click a notification pop up to get options.

From data files:

automotive_industry = {
    tank_build_speed = -0.15
    }
    Have you checksum UBBY?
    Are you saying about bad tooltip or data file?
    Simple English User

Tooltip is where I noticed it. Is it just the tooltip, or it actually is bugged as a feature? It is UBYY for me.
    Requesting help from an experienced HOI 3 player in improving my skills, so I may be able to do an AAR of my own, one day.

You can check this file:
    ...\Hearts of Iron III\common\strategic_resources.txt

Anyway report in BUG forum
    Simple English User

Would simply editing the file work? Also, if I patch up to the 3.06, would I have to start the game anew?

Would simply editing the file work? Also, if I patch up to the 3.06, would I have to start the game anew?
    continuing games after patching is never guaranteed and not recommended. it might work though.
    to get access to the beta patch or the bug forum you have to register/buy the game though.

1) In FTM, where can I see where a GiE is located, and will encircling a capital prevent the government from escaping?
    2) Is it a waste of IC to upgrade your troops when not at/going to war? Say I build some LA in 1936 without upgrading it and unlock light tank engine 1 and 2, will it upgrade to 2 immediately or will it first upgrade to 1, then to 2?
    3) Is there a way to quickly select all units under a certain HQ with a hotkey or some sort?

1. GiE is always located in faction leader country(UK,ENG or SOV) . You can see in diplomacy screen . And encircling a capital don't prevent to form GiE

2. Depends in situation. Upgrading units (espiecially AIR/NAV) is time consuming. So if you start upgrade them too late,they can be outdated compared to enemy,and take more casaulties.

Nevertheless upgrading units from lvl 1 to 3 is cheaper,than upgrading units 1 to 2 ,and 2 to 3(despite the fact that you can upgrade lvl by 1,so no skipping from PzkfW 1 to Panther). So if properly planned you can gain modern units in small price

3. By supraliminal
    Yes there is (which as a relative HOI newb was a magical discovery for me). When you select an HQ, there is a menu that shows all immediately inferior units in the leadership tree. Right at the upper left of said menu is a little black triangle. Click on the triangle, and you select all units under the command of the selected HQ.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...its-under-a-HQ
    Last edited by Thanik; 27-05-2012 at 00:58.
    Simple English User

I've decided to play a game as Mexico. I've made good progress building up my IC and I've joined the Allies.

What is the best way for me to assist the Allies against the Axis?

I was thinking of making groups of Heavy Cruisers and Light Cruisers to harass the Germans with the MIGHTY MEXICAN NAVY.
    What fleets would you make on a tight budget of IC and Leadership and should I go East to the German front or head West to confront Japan?

Also, if naval engagements aren't the best idea, what should I do instead? Paratroopers?

67 games registered

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryGalactic Assault
    GettysburgHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Hidole555 View Post
    I've decided to play a game as Mexico. I've made good progress building up my IC and I've joined the Allies.

What is the best way for me to assist the Allies against the Axis?

I was thinking of making groups of Heavy Cruisers and Light Cruisers to harass the Germans with the MIGHTY MEXICAN NAVY.
    What fleets would you make on a tight budget of IC and Leadership and should I go East to the German front or head West to confront Japan?

Also, if naval engagements aren't the best idea, what should I do instead? Paratroopers?
    Two ways come in mind to me.

Naval with Covoy Raiding and or Anti-submarine warfare.
    Air Force with air missions. I like this one the most since because you basically can rebase air anywhere in the world you want fairly quickly. Also once you base somewhere outside of Mexico, you are no longer relying on Your own supply.

I know these are not very galmorous, but these mission types are normally always needed and you will never be in lack of targets.
    Ammerica and All the Troubles II AAR a Dies Irae: Stars and Stripes and FtML Comparison AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post13667536

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Limited Collectors Edition

As Mexico, I wouldn't bother with naval stuff unless you are prepared to play with Japan in the Pacific. The UK and USA will have the Atlantic covered fairly well.

However, since Japan is a major naval power, your fleet of CAs/CLs will be seriously threatened by Japan's CTFs. On the other hand, since all you will be doing is micromanaging those ships, you might be able to inflict some serious damage on Japanese shipping if the Allies have some decent naval bases near Japanese shipping lanes.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

+ Reply to Thread