• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What nations do you plan on adding? This is assuming you guys will ever get to that.
But either way, great work!

Hello everyone. I've updated the first post. Slaughter has my email address to contact me when you need that done. Sorry for any delays. Ideally, I'd like his forum account to take over ownership of this mighty thread.
:)

I'm glad people are still interested in this mod. I'm going to install the latest version soon and see what you've all been up to.

Ciao,
Sword

Hello everyone. I've updated the first post. Slaughter has my email address to contact me when you need that done. Sorry for any delays. Ideally, I'd like his forum account to take over ownership of this mighty thread.

I'm glad people are still interested in this mod. I'm going to install the latest version soon and see what you've all been up to.

Ciao,
Sword
Sword, you're alive :D
Happy to see you are still around, even if just in spirit.

On a not related note: I'm considering giving the island province "Kiska" (7299) to Dead Islands. It's just so disconnected from everything else that being rebel controlled it's unlikely, and the AI seems to ignore it anyway. Thoughts?

Ok,
i've got the game running but i encounter some bugs and things i'd love to see a patch for.

1. WBOS/NCR and i think some others GIVE access to Glow instead of receiving it in the RadAway Event.
2. Manitou get overrun repeadetly in Home Provinces from the Marauders.
3. FUSA get fucked up EVERY game from Junckers/DC, needs balancing i think.
4. Empty Wasteland Provinces stay empty as not all Provinces change to Marauders (even in lategame) -> so you have black places on the Map, not nice, especially when you want to get the events for combining those regions.
5. X-Marks the Spot Alpha and Beta: Godmachine nearly always comes into game but i have never had just ONE game where the Vault 07 (i think it is) activated on itself.
6. Starting Units stay "stationary" all game? especially for FUSA its not nice.

What nations do you plan on adding? This is assuming you guys will ever get to that.
But either way, great work!

*Looks at his list*

Around thirty?
Main priority is adding remaining nations from Van Buren (Ciphers, Twin Mothers, Hangdogs [Blackfoots are now part of the Legion], New Canaan, etc) and New Vegas (White-Legs, New Vegas*).

*New Vegas may seem a little anachronistic, but it actually makes sense because Mr. House was waiting decades to surface, he only needed a sign that civilization was rebuilding at some level, which he got when NCR scouts went near the Dam around 2270s. In our mod he would surface a lot earlier with all the recivilizing and rebuilding being done.

Ciao,
Sword

Can that be done, through? The Moddb seems easier.

ALso, plz include Arcangelus in the mod ownership. Its as much his project as mine, even more because he's doing more than me lately. I still have much to learn from him.

Sword, you're alive :D
Happy to see you are still around, even if just in spirit.

On a not related note: I'm considering giving the island province "Kiska" (7299) to Dead Islands. It's just so disconnected from everything else that being rebel controlled it's unlikely, and the AI seems to ignore it anyway. Thoughts?

Legends never die, they just go hang around with the Gods for a while.
I think that's a good idea, new map reduced Dead Islands to a single province anyway. Kiska is really too far from anything.

Ok,
i've got the game running but i encounter some bugs and things i'd love to see a patch for.

1. WBOS/NCR and i think some others GIVE access to Glow instead of receiving it in the RadAway Event.
2. Manitou get overrun repeadetly in Home Provinces from the Marauders.
3. FUSA get fucked up EVERY game from Junckers/DC, needs balancing i think.
4. Empty Wasteland Provinces stay empty as not all Provinces change to Marauders (even in lategame) -> so you have black places on the Map, not nice, especially when you want to get the events for combining those regions.
5. X-Marks the Spot Alpha and Beta: Godmachine nearly always comes into game but i have never had just ONE game where the Vault 07 (i think it is) activated on itself.
6. Starting Units stay "stationary" all game? especially for FUSA its not nice.

I encountered some bugs too, if only there was somebody who could fix them... Wait, that's me LOL!:laugh:

1. Already spoted it with WBOS in my current game, but NCR I didn't know, thanks! At first I thought Glow nullified the access even through it has no AI, but on second approach I saw Glow got access to WBOS! Derp!

2. I saw worse in my current game - East BOS and Redding lost their home province to Marauders, in fact Redding got CONQUERED by Marauders and then occupied by New Reno! Oh, and Reavers took Chigaco from EBOS and became super-strong. I got reports of similar things happening to Robots, which aparently I fixed in my last patch. Yeah, looks like I got to nerf some marauders and add more of them to other places.

3. Same here, the setup on the East Coast needs balancing. I think its the larger mapsize that does FUSA in because it fails to defend against Junkers AND Dark Cathedral at the same time.

4. I think Arcangelus already has the solution to this: After a certain date (say, 2247-2248?) make all Wasteland provinces go into rebel control. I need to talk to him about this.

5. Same here. Godmachine was bugged previously, but I didn't see it either way on my latest game. Vault 10, through, is rarer and I think it requires a few factors to come out of hiding. Really should make a alternate event chain that makes it come out either way.

6. Which ones are forever stationary? I thought Arcangelus fixed FUSA's Big Red One? Or is it another unit?

Anyway folks, now is the best time to post feedback. See, this November I will have to study for a important exam at month's end. I got quite a list of issues to fix, which I plan to do this weekend (they're not hard) and release on Sunday, because I got plenty of spare time lately while I prepare to get into study-mode.

Add to the list of thinks to fix: Sentry bot units. Currently, they are not only better than the next model 'cyborg' but virtually invulnerable as well. What do I mean? What happens when a unit in the range of 100-200 vulnerability fights against another with 35? The machines are superior... but not that superior.

4. I think Arcangelus already has the solution to this: After a certain date (say, 2247-2248?) make all Wasteland provinces go into rebel control. I need to talk to him about this.
Unfortunately, it's not working as intended. As Wastelands has out-of-map provinces, it seems that some rebels are spawned out of the map as well. I'm not sure about it, but it did cause a constant crash in my test savegame. I haven't test it with no out-of-map provinces.

[quote} 5. Same here. Godmachine was bugged previously, but I didn't see it either way on my latest game. Vault 10, through, is rarer and I think it requires a few factors to come out of hiding. Really should make a alternate event chain that makes it come out either way.[/quote]
The problem with vault 10 is that it appearance is triggered by the 'tragic' chain, and requires that a human player (not robot nation) to have a unit in that place.

This is my current changelog:
Code:
Polar_Station_Zeta.txt: Fixed transport plane (was null model 4. Now model 3 "Zeppelin Transports Mk II")

Gaining_control.txt: Now Sacramento is covered by the Gainig control events.
	"Control of New york" event now triggers almost inmediatly
	There were a few events related with non-wastes provinces. Namely:
		Vault City: provinces 6104 (60323) and 6190 (60387) 
		Gecko: 6103 (60323)
		Enclave: 548(60004), 550(60005), 6704 (Gore Bay, 60769), 6868 (Kenai, 60922)
		Junkers: 614 (60043), 2686 (60161), 6377 (60562), 6378 (60563)
		Former USA: 596 (60031), 598 (60032), 600 (60033), 601(60034), 604(60035), 606(60036), 607(60037), 608(60038), 609(60039), 610(60040), 618 (60046), 632 (60054), 2688 (60163), 2719 (60187), 6330 (60518), 6332 (60520), 6333 (60521), 6375 (60560), 6376 (60561), 6379 (60564), 6380(60565), 6381(60566)
	Added: 6142 (Battle mountain), 784 (Bend), 670 (Atlanta), 2718 (Linchburg), 6468 (Pulaski), 6474 (Beckley). Event ID used: 60031-60036
	Event regarding provinces 6142 and 786 now sleep their counterparts.
	Maybe: add 'La Palma' (4286)

Broken Hills.txt: Fused events 14046 and 14047 (Unite with Battle Mountain)
Pioneer_Alliance.txt: Fused events 18009 and 18010 (Integrate Eugene into Alliance)

General.txt: Added missing core to 'Louisiana United' event 
	Event 'Southcentral US United' could trigger multiple times for the same faction
	Fixed description of event 'Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island United'

Now DK has tech blocked since release. Most of them anyway (Former_USA and Dark_Cathedral)

PRK.ai: Removed some redundant commands

Arcangelus said:
Add to the list of thinks to fix: Sentry bot units. Currently, they are not only better than the next model 'cyborg' but virtually invulnerable as well. What do I mean? What happens when a unit in the range of 100-200 vulnerability fights against another with 35? The machines are superior... but not that superior.

How odd. Maybe I committed a mistake somewhere?
I must my find my old spreadsheet with old/new combat values comparisons in order to fix some imbalances I've perceived in the combat system:
- Battles seem too bloody for me (even with a +quality -quantity technosupreme force like the Brotherhood or Enclave), I think I will decrease vulnerabilities a bit across all units. Super Mutants and Enclave should't be getting thousands of causalities in some average dust-up.

- ground bombardment of enemy units only works if the enemy is defeated and sent running from battle, if done against a standing unit it gets single digit casualties (needs some more Air Vulnerability), which make sense in the early game but not when you're packing the best vertibirds or zeppelins and on the end of the air doctrine.

- raise stacking penalty because I'm getting annoyed at these pointless last stands done by one-province minors with 40 units inside a single ruins province (I think I saw RCC resist Dark Cathedral for two years that way) with no fortifications (I had Gupka tell me he had to nuke Necropolis because of that even through he was sieging it from every side with a Enclave army). This (and too many units) make warfare in California, Arizona and Nevada become a game of My Doomstack vs Your Doomstack - compare playing in a area with wide terrain, like the Midwest or Canada, where average stack size is 2/4 per division because you have to cover such a wide front, especially if you're playing with ghouls or something. Might help with air bombardments too - A single city containing more than 4000 combatants should HURT when you keep pounding it with endless sky fortress bombs raining from the sky. It will also help against Marauder Doomstacks.

- There seems to be a certain imbalance between Regular + Quality vs Irregular + Quantity Armies. Pretty much the only way a elite force can win is by sheer massed firepower or by defeating individual stacks then pounding them from the air while they flee demoralized.

- Field Command Doctrine seems lame compared to Central Command or its just me?

Unfortunately, it's not working as intended. As Wastelands has out-of-map provinces, it seems that some rebels are spawned out of the map as well. I'm not sure about it, but it did cause a constant crash in my test savegame. I haven't test it with no out-of-map provinces.

It will probably work if all these provinces are given to Far-Away Country instead.

The problem with vault 10 is that it appearance is triggered by the 'tragic' chain, and requires that a human player (not robot nation) to have a unit in that place.

Exactly. Maybe a alternate event that makes it pop-up at the start of the End War either way?
Talking about units in place... I notice that sometimes air units get "stuck" in X Marks the Spot Beta if you do a air mission in the region it is at. I saw it happen to the AI before but thought it was just using it to scout or something, then it happened to me and imagine my surprise when I only managed to get it out when one of my troops took a adjacent province.

This is my current changelog:

Niiiice!

Hey, think it is possible to make State Unification events allow for earning state unification through puppets? So if all or some of the countries that own the needed provinces by default in a given state are my puppets, I should be able to get state unification as well.

Last edited:
How odd. Maybe I committed a mistake somewhere?
I must my find my old spreadsheet with old/new combat values comparisons in order to fix some imbalances I've perceived in the combat system:
- Battles seem too bloody for me (even with a +quality -quantity technosupreme force like the Brotherhood or Enclave), I think I will decrease vulnerabilities a bit across all units. Super Mutants and Enclave should't be getting thousands of causalities in some average dust-up.
I agree. Just remember to also adjust the tanks/robot units as well, those shouldn't be more vulnerable than normal infantry.

- ground bombardment of enemy units only works if the enemy is defeated and sent running from battle, if done against a standing unit it gets single digit casualties (needs some more Air Vulnerability), which make sense in the early game but not when you're packing the best vertibirds or zeppelins and on the end of the air doctrine.
Maybe. The problem is that the opposite is not good either. Before the unit revamp, I could bombard to death with 8 bomber Zeppelins anything short of a 30+ doomstack. And I sometimes did anyway.

That reminds me: I need to unlock better transports for robot nation. It's silly that for all that tech, they are forced to use sailboats as naval transports.

- raise stacking penalty because I'm getting annoyed at these pointless last stands done by one-province minors with 40 units inside a single ruins province (I think I saw RCC resist Dark Cathedral for two years that way) with no fortifications (I had Gupka tell me he had to nuke Necropolis because of that even through he was sieging it from every side with a Enclave army). This (and too many units) make warfare in California, Arizona and Nevada become a game of My Doomstack vs Your Doomstack - compare playing in a area with wide terrain, like the Midwest or Canada, where average stack size is 2/4 per division because you have to cover such a wide front, especially if you're playing with ghouls or something. Might help with air bombardments too - A single city containing more than 4000 combatants should HURT when you keep pounding it with endless sky fortress bombs raining from the sky. It will also help against Marauder Doomstacks.
If Gupka actually needed to nuke that place just to advance instead of just taking advantage of the AI, I'm more willing to believe that it was his fault.
The point about doomstack remains, thought. What line is it? This one:
Code:
# Combat Modifier: Land Exceeding Max Command Limit Mod
	-0.5 #-0.75

- There seems to be a certain imbalance between Regular + Quality vs Irregular + Quantity Armies. Pretty much the only way a elite force can win is by sheer massed firepower or by defeating individual stacks then pounding them from the air while they flee demoralized.
I tend to go against 8-10 or better odds myself, so I haven't notice. However, considering time of creation and manpower needed, a pure irregular army is better than a regular one, albeit marginally. I'm not considering supplies needed nor leaders required though, nor space needed to actually use such numbers.
If you go with equal numbers of with slightly less, regular wins.

- Field Command Doctrine seems lame compared to Central Command or its just me?
It's always been that way. In fact, I'm not sure when is a good idea to use it. Ever.

It will probably work if all these provinces are given to Far-Away Country instead.
That's what I want to try. However, I'm thinking on where I can give wastelands a out of map province to make it impossible to annex. Just in case a wild smart-ass appears.

Exactly. Maybe a alternate event that makes it pop-up at the start of the End War either way?
Talking about units in place... I notice that sometimes air units get "stuck" in X Marks the Spot Beta if you do a air mission in the region it is at. I saw it happen to the AI before but thought it was just using it to scout or something, then it happened to me and imagine my surprise when I only managed to get it out when one of my troops took a adjacent province.
The end war? The think that I wish I had disabled in my current game?

I hadn't notice the stuck issue. After realizing that Vault 10 won't appear to a machine nation, I simply annexed them. Not sure what can cause it, that can also be repaired.

Niiiice!

Hey, think it is possible to make State Unification events allow for earning state unification through puppets? So if all or some of the countries that own the needed provinces by default in a given state are my puppets, I should be able to get state unification as well.
I through about it. The problem is that there isn't a easy clear way to determine how much land a puppet plus his master control (The one way that I know of also considers normal allies). I can do one or the other, not both at the same time. A compromise of sorts can be archived, but It will miss many possible combinations (what if there are more than 1 puppet? What if the territory was annexed by someone else)and/or would only work for fixed proportions (10/90, 50/50 or the like, not for all of them) and/or make no sense in the actual in-game situation (if I make it tag dependent).

A wild trough: What about making some of the not upgradeable brigade models into unique ones? For instance, laser weapons are considered MG (anti_air) brigades. However, a Vindicator (the last not laser model) can't be upgraded to a laser one. It would make more sense to gave it it's own brigade type (from one of the multiple not used), don't you agree?

Making some types of tech into their own brigade is a brilliant idea IMHO.

I just looked up Kiska Island and the Aleutians on google. Kiska is part of the Rat Island chain. It might be odd to call it part of the Aleutians. I can't remember the area and region names around that part of the map.

I'm updating the first post now to add Arcangelus' name to who's working on the mod.

Cheers,
Sword

I agree. Just remember to also adjust the tanks/robot units as well, those shouldn't be more vulnerable than normal infantry.

Will do.
Talking about tanks... we might need to rebalance vehicle units. With the new map, they're brutally powerful now. The Huns are actually the strongest faction in the mod because they're car-based raiders in the wide Midwest, so they can run circles around everyone.

Maybe the imbalance is actually caused because the new map made the gameworld quite empty, therefore there's too much space because there aren't enough nations? Hun-style tactics don't work in California.

Maybe. The problem is that the opposite is not good either. Before the unit revamp, I could bombard to death with 8 bomber Zeppelins anything short of a 30+ doomstack. And I sometimes did anyway.

Hmmm... perhaps a slight air vulnerability increase, then. Don't forget - techy low-manpower factions have the advantage of air power against quantity-heavy factions, and total airpower is pretty much THE single way to defeat the Spiders once they get momentum.

That reminds me: I need to unlock better transports for robot nation. It's silly that for all that tech, they are forced to use sailboats as naval transports.

Exclamation: Yarr!* Present time: Considered optimal for unlawful acquisition of sentients beings' material possessions and the consuming of alcoholic beverages. Disposition: Wind perfect for optimal sail deployment that leads to faster trajectories through the sea. Beware: Tentacled sea mutant animals.

*Done in a electronic voice that's... as my cousin said today "That's not of God's".

(You could make a exclusive event that diminishes manpower required for their sea units to 0, just like Super Mutants diminish their manpower requirements through FEV research, so there is no need to make a exclusive type of robot surface craft)

If Gupka actually needed to nuke that place just to advance instead of just taking advantage of the AI, I'm more willing to believe that it was his fault.
The point about doomstack remains, thought. What line is it? This one:

How much penalty you think is optimal?

I tend to go against 8-10 or better odds myself, so I haven't notice. However, considering time of creation and manpower needed, a pure irregular army is better than a regular one, albeit marginally. I'm not considering supplies needed nor leaders required though, nor space needed to actually use such numbers.
If you go with equal numbers of with slightly less, regular wins.

I agree. It does depend on the game area, too - In California, regulars and ghouls are clearly better unless you're doing early-game rushes on bad terrain (ever fought Kurtz in the early game with a army of Irregulars? One word: Don't), in which case its better to stick with Irregulars, but in the Midwest and beyond, Irregulars and Vehicles are king. Regulars/Scouts/Ghouls complement each other nicely (Regulars are good at offense, Ghouls are good at defense, Scouts are good for a bunch of stuff), Mutants/Irregulars complement each other quite well too (because Irregular Focus tech favours mutants too, and they serve as good snap units when one is low on manpower for muties or needs some cannonfodder to stay on guard while the big guys go kill), but there's AFAIK no reason to make mixed Regular/Irregular forces.

One thing I was pondering about recently is mercs units - They seem sorta useless for a low-manpower faction like the Brotherhood of Steel, and if you're using a high-manpower faction that doesn't need instant units pronto, its better to make Irregulars. As it is, they sorta remind me of EU3's mercs before the last patches - fast to recruit but expensive and still consumed your manpower. In the latest patches they only take your gold now, so now its useful to spam mercs if you have enough gold but lack manpower, a common situation in EU3's period, and I would imagine it would be common in the post-apocalyptic wastelands as well. Perhaps they could be manpower-less (or less manpower?) units like robots but require A LOT of resources (supplies/fusion cells) instead?

It's always been that way. In fact, I'm not sure when is a good idea to use it. Ever.

Maybe if it made HQs cheaper and HQ attachments cheaper and faster to produce (Elite Squads/Hero Companions, etc)?

That's what I want to try. However, I'm thinking on where I can give wastelands a out of map province to make it impossible to annex. Just in case a wild smart-ass appears.

What about giving it a very distant on-map province, then when the event triggers, Wasteland is given a out of map province? That's the best thing I could think of, because you're going to use a lot of revolt = -1 commands to do that, right?

The end war? The think that I wish I had disabled in my current game?

I hadn't notice the stuck issue. After realizing that Vault 10 won't appear to a machine nation, I simply annexed them. Not sure what can cause it, that can also be repaired.

What's wrong with the End War? Your favorite allies turned on you?

Try sending a air unit on a mission to a area with a X Marks the Spot, it will (for some reason) stay in the spot like it has a nice comfy air base (it won't even lose str/org!), but it won't ever leave. I used to see BOS Vertibirds parked eternally on Flagstaff from time to time.

Also, one idea I got in my task list (I need to send it to you tomorrow) is that Vault 10 can show up through the search for Lost Vaults. The Tragic Chain is a bit obscure.

I through about it. The problem is that there isn't a easy clear way to determine how much land a puppet plus his master control (The one way that I know of also considers normal allies). I can do one or the other, not both at the same time. A compromise of sorts can be archived, but It will miss many possible combinations (what if there are more than 1 puppet? What if the territory was annexed by someone else)and/or would only work for fixed proportions (10/90, 50/50 or the like, not for all of them) and/or make no sense in the actual in-game situation (if I make it tag dependent).

Well, I was thinking of puppet-ing the original owner of the province only - So, say, if I want to unify all of California, I don't need to own every province of California, but I can also puppet/liberate the original owner of X province as a alternative (can't, say, have Den be my puppet owning New Reno). For anyone else, its just a question of taking territory from the puppet it should't be holding. Seems too complicated, but idk.

Might seem a weird concern, but growing pains and stuff.

A wild trough: What about making some of the not upgradeable brigade models into unique ones? For instance, laser weapons are considered MG (anti_air) brigades. However, a Vindicator (the last not laser model) can't be upgraded to a laser one. It would make more sense to gave it it's own brigade type (from one of the multiple not used), don't you agree?

Making some types of tech into their own brigade is a brilliant idea IMHO.

Good ideas! I just noticed this in my WBOS game. In fact, Energy Weapon attachments come fairly late in the game even for advanced factions, which sounds nonsensical. I gave a quick look at my files and it seems they're quite weird related to each other and energy weapons seem to be... weird MGs, the first energy weapon is worse than MGs on some features. I know that Art brigades boost pretty much all attack/defense values (except air) in general at the expense of supplies, MGs are weaker all-arounders that are better vs air units, Explosives are good against hard units... what would EW role be? I'm thinking ground-combat soft-damage focused with some hard damage (but less than arty and explosives), offensive bonus and costs a decent amount of fusion cells.

(one thing we need to look at attachments more is that they can be tailored to function differently on different terrains, periods of day and climates. So, say, something like MGs should be killers on defense in open ground)

I need to find my old brigades defensive values comparison and then expand it in order to track every state, so I can compare them.

I would like to enhance my list of things to change:

1. Vault 10 and God Machine have to come out -every- Game. I don't like having rounds with the possibility of a "no faction" province on the map. So either you make the provinces normal and let them being taken over by marauders and then by factions and THEN being taken away again, as soon as the events for the new factions trigger, or you make the faction-events mandatory for every single game, so the "empty" provinces make sense. It would be enough i think, that the events trigger, as soon as some faction tries to take over the provinces.
2. I dont like the idea of marauders "happening" to come out of existence in a special event. Imho, they have to be in every province not occupied by a normal "faction", like farmers or bandits i.e. that make use of the land and defend it. Since they belong to the faction marauders, they could have all the provinces in the beginning plus one in europe (so they won't get annexed) and there won't be a need for the event to trigger wastelands aflame and the taking over (which brings my computer with ssd and quadcore 3,5ghz processor and 8 gb ram to a halt every time since the last version!) - i dont know the programming at this stage, but shouldnt it be possible to make them non-aggressive or just aggressive towards provinces which belonged to them, then the size of that factions wouldn't make it that bad...
3. Data centers, do they have any use at all? If yes, please put that in the description, which isn't in there at this time, i don't know, why i should built them.
4. Speaking of Datacenters: do i still get one extra data center when taking over robots, so i cannot built 10 in lategame but only 9 so i have to wait for the takeover of robots? (i think it was when taking over robots, not to sure there.. but happened in the last version with old map of the game. I had often built 10 DC and then had one extra which i couldn't place or delete from my unit-list.
5. In lategame when even the primitives or low-techies have power-armor worked out, non-powered irregulars are sort of strange imho, as they get to be the regulars of big factions, this should be worked some way around, cause in lategame these factions will get massive problems. Atm shi ,arroyo or manitou are, imho, sort of worthless when entering latestage. It would be nice to give them the possibility to upgrade them to regular powered (and loose their greenings or kung-fu bonuses but change the way here) or let em stay as irregs with the specific bonuses.
6. Tech exclusions and changing faction-politics and ideals: i know it sort of goes around slavery or no slavery, but why isn't there one faction which changes these behaviouristics ingame? I.E. EastBos would not need slaves as soon as they got big enough because theyll get plenty of recruits from the freed provinces.

I just looked up Kiska Island and the Aleutians on google. Kiska is part of the Rat Island chain. It might be odd to call it part of the Aleutians. I can't remember the area and region names around that part of the map.
But the rat island group is part of the Alleutians. (at least acording to wikipedia)

I'm updating the first post now to add Arcangelus' name to who's working on the mod.
:D

Will do.
Talking about tanks... we might need to rebalance vehicle units. With the new map, they're brutally powerful now. The Huns are actually the strongest faction in the mod because they're car-based raiders in the wide Midwest, so they can run circles around everyone.

Maybe the imbalance is actually caused because the new map made the gameworld quite empty, therefore there's too much space because there aren't enough nations? Hun-style tactics don't work in California.
Probably. Big spaces allow the use of flexible offensives (and defenses). But again, as the Huns were one the first factions that I stomped (puppet it) I didn't notice a game-braking issue.

Hmmm... perhaps a slight air vulnerability increase, then. Don't forget - techy low-manpower factions have the advantage of air power against quantity-heavy factions, and total airpower is pretty much THE single way to defeat the Spiders once they get momentum.
I don't know how the vulnerability system works, beyond the basic concept. What I can guarantee you is that bomber zepelin (the last model anyway) is superior in the crucial task of reducing your enemies to shambles to anything else. 7 of them (in 2 groups) reduced PSZ to shambles once I actually tried (attacked their air-defenses first, then obliterated their infrastructure, some IC damage and finally some ground attack along with a land assault.).
Maybe, the last models of planes should have less vulnerability than now. In particular the robot ones (that seem to be a jack-of-all-trades that is only really useful early in the game and in the air superiority mission), but the other models also seem too fragile.

Exclamation: Yarr!* Present time: Considered optimal for unlawful acquisition of sentients beings' material possessions and the consuming of alcoholic beverages. Disposition: Wind perfect for optimal sail deployment that leads to faster trajectories through the sea. Beware: Tentacled sea mutant animals.

*Done in a electronic voice that's... as my cousin said today "That's not of God's".

(You could make a exclusive event that diminishes manpower required for their sea units to 0, just like Super Mutants diminish their manpower requirements through FEV research, so there is no need to make a exclusive type of robot surface craft)
Good idea (although, I had more manpower that what I could reasonable use. And 4000 effective IC).
Now all that is needed is a tech or in-game action to unlock the other models. Mmm... maybe the naval doctrine? I'll think about it.

How much penalty you think is optimal?
No idea. I haven't tinkered with that setting. I would start with 0.6 and increase it from there (if necessary).

I agree. It does depend on the game area, too - In California, regulars and ghouls are clearly better unless you're doing early-game rushes on bad terrain (ever fought Kurtz in the early game with a army of Irregulars? One word: Don't), in which case its better to stick with Irregulars, but in the Midwest and beyond, Irregulars and Vehicles are king. Regulars/Scouts/Ghouls complement each other nicely (Regulars are good at offense, Ghouls are good at defense, Scouts are good for a bunch of stuff), Mutants/Irregulars complement each other quite well too (because Irregular Focus tech favours mutants too, and they serve as good snap units when one is low on manpower for muties or needs some cannonfodder to stay on guard while the big guys go kill), but there's AFAIK no reason to make mixed Regular/Irregular forces.
That seems a nice summary.

One thing I was pondering about recently is mercs units - They seem sorta useless for a low-manpower faction like the Brotherhood of Steel, and if you're using a high-manpower faction that doesn't need instant units pronto, its better to make Irregulars. As it is, they sorta remind me of EU3's mercs before the last patches - fast to recruit but expensive and still consumed your manpower. In the latest patches they only take your gold now, so now its useful to spam mercs if you have enough gold but lack manpower, a common situation in EU3's period, and I would imagine it would be common in the post-apocalyptic wastelands as well. Perhaps they could be manpower-less (or less manpower?) units like robots but require A LOT of resources (supplies/fusion cells) instead?
EU3's mercs used manpower at one point? I don't remember that. They were instantaneous to build at some point, but (AFAIK) always manpower-free.
Mercs seems to be only useful for Hub, and flavor. I would go with no MP cost for the scum and 1 for the professionals, increase the supply consumption of all by 0.5 in all models and see how that works. But again, I just made that numbers up so testing is required.

Maybe if it made HQs cheaper and HQ attachments cheaper and faster to produce (Elite Squads/Hero Companions, etc)?
How may HQ do you use? With the short supply of leaders that most factions have, I'm lucky if I use 5 (normally 3). I would add a overall increase of combat events if the HQ is present (sce_frequency, i think) and supply efficiency for good measure (hq_supply_eff), but making them cheaper and faster to build can also work as an extra. That would represent how a leader present in the battlefield knows the required info faster and can act faster that the central contrapart.

What about giving it a very distant on-map province, then when the event triggers, Wasteland is given a out of map province? That's the best thing I could think of, because you're going to use a lot of revolt = -1 commands to do that, right?
revolt = -1 spawns rebels in not national provinces. What I meant with my comment was in the line of 'what if someone just claims the entire map and annex the wastes, then shows up and says that the mod is broke?'. Now that I think about it, making the whole out-of map core of wastelands would also work.

What's wrong with the End War? Your favorite allies turned on you?
I used puppets. The chain is not design with that in mind. Figure out the rest.

Try sending a air unit on a mission to a area with a X Marks the Spot, it will (for some reason) stay in the spot like it has a nice comfy air base (it won't even lose str/org!), but it won't ever leave. I used to see BOS Vertibirds parked eternally on Flagstaff from time to time.

Also, one idea I got in my task list (I need to send it to you tomorrow) is that Vault 10 can show up through the search for Lost Vaults. The Tragic Chain is a bit obscure.
I under the impression that planes are more or less really fast land units that consider all tiles as land. If it follows that logic, then the planes need 'friendly' territory to move into. If that is the case, there is nothing I can do. Otherwise, I'll see what i can do.
And yet, it's one of the first events that show up. I still want to know why the machine nation can't access them but God machine can.

Well, I was thinking of puppet-ing the original owner of the province only - So, say, if I want to unify all of California, I don't need to own every province of California, but I can also puppet/liberate the original owner of X province as a alternative (can't, say, have Den be my puppet owning New Reno). For anyone else, its just a question of taking territory from the puppet it should't be holding. Seems too complicated, but idk.

Might seem a weird concern, but growing pains and stuff.
under those condition, I might do something. I'll require extensive testing, but I think is possible.
'Growing pains' is one of the reasons that I play with the machines. The other is that I like their concept.

Good ideas! I just noticed this in my WBOS game. In fact, Energy Weapon attachments come fairly late in the game even for advanced factions, which sounds nonsensical. I gave a quick look at my files and it seems they're quite weird related to each other and energy weapons seem to be... weird MGs, the first energy weapon is worse than MGs on some features. I know that Art brigades boost pretty much all attack/defense values (except air) in general at the expense of supplies, MGs are weaker all-arounders that are better vs air units, Explosives are good against hard units... what would EW role be? I'm thinking ground-combat soft-damage focused with some hard damage (but less than arty and explosives), offensive bonus and costs a decent amount of fusion cells.
(one thing we need to look at attachments more is that they can be tailored to function differently on different terrains, periods of day and climates. So, say, something like MGs should be killers on defense in open ground)
Not sure about their role. Energy weapons tend to be somewhat stronger than just shooting bullets, but less versatile. No idea how to represent that in game.

I would like to enhance my list of things to change:

1. Vault 10 and God Machine have to come out -every- Game. I don't like having rounds with the possibility of a "no faction" province on the map. So either you make the provinces normal and let them being taken over by marauders and then by factions and THEN being taken away again, as soon as the events for the new factions trigger, or you make the faction-events mandatory for every single game, so the "empty" provinces make sense. It would be enough i think, that the events trigger, as soon as some faction tries to take over the provinces.
Do you mean that god machine and vault 10 haven't come out 'any' game, or that they always appear? It's not that clear.
Your first option would screw with their starting techs. The second would be predictable, and would make little sense for God machine (although, it's supposed to appear around 2252 at the latest). Vault 10 can be conquered anyway (and we are thinking of a sensible way to make it appear without human intervention)-

2. I dont like the idea of marauders "happening" to come out of existence in a special event. Imho, they have to be in every province not occupied by a normal "faction", like farmers or bandits i.e. that make use of the land and defend it. Since they belong to the faction marauders, they could have all the provinces in the beginning plus one in europe (so they won't get annexed) and there won't be a need for the event to trigger wastelands aflame and the taking over (which brings my computer with ssd and quadcore 3,5ghz processor and 8 gb ram to a halt every time since the last version!) - i dont know the programming at this stage, but shouldnt it be possible to make them non-aggressive or just aggressive towards provinces which belonged to them, then the size of that factions wouldn't make it that bad...
Too bad that you proposals won't work in a HOI engine. If marauders gets even a single province as owned, you get a CTD. If you put a normal faction to DOW, then there would be no wastes after the first 3 or so months and/or the wastes would annex several factions (if I give them an army).
I'm well aware of the slowdown in July. However, there is no clear solution to it. If I put it all in a single event, you get a CTD. If I divide further the spawns, the slowdown would simply distribute on a longer period (and the wastes would be easier to conquer). If I just put the marauders since game-start, then the game would become a 'paint the map' chore.

3. Data centers, do they have any use at all? If yes, please put that in the description, which isn't in there at this time, i don't know, why i should built them.
4. Speaking of Datacenters: do i still get one extra data center when taking over robots, so i cannot built 10 in lategame but only 9 so i have to wait for the takeover of robots? (i think it was when taking over robots, not to sure there.. but happened in the last version with old map of the game. I had often built 10 DC and then had one extra which i couldn't place or delete from my unit-list.
You shouldn't. The data center do the same that the missile facilities in vanilla: reduce the build time of missiles and bombs (neither of which are used) and improves research time of ROCKETRY ('Advanced Weapons and Armor' in the mod) components. No, I can't change that effect. No without hacking anyway.
The second thing is not something I can change. You can only place 10 anywhere: if you conquer a province with one or more levels of 'data center', you either cancel you build queue the required times or place a data center somewhere else prior to that (or let them take it and then put a data center somewhere else). The same happens with all buildings; if you had a full queue of production of a particular type and somehow get a free level of it, you need to manually remove or cancel the levels exceeding 10.

5. In lategame when even the primitives or low-techies have power-armor worked out, non-powered irregulars are sort of strange imho, as they get to be the regulars of big factions, this should be worked some way around, cause in lategame these factions will get massive problems. Atm shi ,arroyo or manitou are, imho, sort of worthless when entering latestage. It would be nice to give them the possibility to upgrade them to regular powered (and loose their greenings or kung-fu bonuses but change the way here) or let em stay as irregs with the specific bonuses.
Under what logic? If normal regulars can't be upgraded to powered version, Why should irregulars be able to? While the late-game needs some adjustments, granting powered versions to irregulars (that lacks actual training) is illogical and arbitrary.

6. Tech exclusions and changing faction-politics and ideals: i know it sort of goes around slavery or no slavery, but why isn't there one faction which changes these behaviouristics ingame? I.E. EastBos would not need slaves as soon as they got big enough because theyll get plenty of recruits from the freed provinces.
I can only work around the limitation of the engine. Besides, I didn't designed the tech tree.
While what you say can be done to some degree, your logic is not as solid as you think. Why would a faction (nation, whatever) that based their economy in slavery just give it up when they get big? The roman empire didn't. In fact, one of the many reasons that the roman empire fell is lack of new slaves (too many liberti, to few new slaves). Besides, that kind of change would create chaos and a lot of resistance, requiring the elimination of conceptions that have been lingering for quite a while, almost complete restructuring of the economic and social matrix, could even lead to a civil war, and the 'what do we do with the current slaves?' issue. All of this assuming that you get enough support to start the reforms in the first place (I guess this one can be abstracted to the player deciding it).

Last edited:
sorry the reason i asked was the first page had been very confusing for a great while. I see that the front page has been updated so it's much easier to find the Mod files for DH1.3

Thank you Sword and slaughter and Arcangelus for keeping up with the mod and thanks to Slaughter and Arcangelus for taking over the mod from sword :)

No problem

Slaughter, your inbox is once again full. I uploaded the files in question to drive and mediafire, but inbox limits doesn't allow me to give you the mediafire link. Hope it is the one you asked for.

I'm not sure how much has been changed, but Field HQs had been pretty much the only viable mid-game option of doing encirclements and overruns for a while. They were far from not being viable.
I wasn't talking about the HQ unit, but the technology 'Field Command'. If you were also talking about the tech... That one is new.
I've never seen that before, as a increment to the attack of the HQ unit is (As far as I can tell anyway) only useful with few available units and/or heavy use of HQ (as in, many of your units are HQs). As I tend to use medium to big armies to DOW other factions, I see it as a inferior choice over 'central command'. I would like to hear (read) your side with more detail.

No problem

Slaughter, your inbox is once again full. I uploaded the files in question to drive and mediafire, but inbox limits doesn't allow me to give you the mediafire link. Hope it is the one you asked for.

Emptied inbox, should be good now.

MP send.

Status: Currently, there are 4 things missing. 3 of them are descriptions. The other is the 'black patches on the map' issue. Once that is sorted, I think it'll be good enough for release.

BTW, does anyone know the reason for not being able to build a level 10 nuclear rector?