Unique Opportunity to Get Your Hands on the Beta and Give the Forum Your Feedback!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando Torres

Darkest Hour Game Designer
48 Badges
Dec 2, 2006
rayan-nezzar.fr
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Elven Legacy Collection
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Iron Cross
  • Legio
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles

Following our credo By fans, for fans, we are giving you, the fans, the unique opportunity to get your hands on the beta, play a game and give the forum your feedback! :)

We will choose one of you on January 23rd.

In order to be chosen, please leave a message in this thread and let us know why you deserve more than anyone else to be picked. :)
No spam will be allowed.

Thanks! :)

I don't really think I can be objective about the fact as to why I deserve this more than others, but here goes nothing; I do because I've been following the dev diaries and the development from the very first screenshot, and I check the forum for news and (hopefully) screenshots every day. I've simply liked every single thing you guys have released in the Dev Diaries up until now, which is why I want to get my hands on the game as soon as possible.

Edit: And also I've posted first:p

I think I am about the single one around here to not to be affected by the hype and therefore able to produce an objective review. Pick anybody else and all you'll get will be "OMG how DH is awesome" meaningless shit, which is totally useless for someone who wonders should he buy the game or not. If you're really for the fans like you say then you should care enough to avoid them to buy a failed/unfinished product.

I want it!

I played HOI2, HOI3 and most of the paradox simulation games. I love it. I would like to help you to test it, it's fantastic to create new and strange situations around the world as much as it's good to follow the historical events! Now let me have this chance, Team! :)

Wow, how could I ever explain how I deserve it most?

Well I can't really say that I do deserve it more than anyone else, but I'm a huge fan of the Paradox games and have been since I first played Europa Universalis. I'm really interested in the WW1 and Post-WW2 stuff that is to be in Darkest Hours, and it would be fantastic to try them. Being in the beta would give me a chance to comment and give suggestions on improving the game, and also see how a game evolves from the beta to the final product.

I should deserve it since I love everything about just this kind of competitions! And since im already a part of the beta etc, it would give me the power to give my access to whoever I like!
And since these games are all about power who could deserve it more then me using the power that I should use in game, in real life instead!? Ask that question! There is only one answer!

1. I have had more than 10 years playing Hoi 1, Hoi2, Hoi 3 and its variances, from Armagedoon to Doomsday, AoD to Iron Cross, and other mods succh as CORE, WiF, Kaiserreich,....

2. I absolutely love the game, even for now, I'm still playing AoD and Iron Cross 3 hours per day. Moreover, I enjoy the games so much

3. I have had anticipated the game for more too long. I want to actually play the game. With your DDs, I had some hype and some doubts. While I love what experience you will give the community with such too many new features, I also can not clear my doubts whether the game will be successful or not with features such as the resources cap, the Reichkommitsariats, the newly implemented AT.... So, if I love the game, it proves that the game could be absolutely flawless, and those features will provide too much fun for the players who have the same doubts as me.

4. I could play many, many countries. They range from Germany, Japan, Italy, SU, England, USA to smaller, for instance: NatCHi, Argentina, Australia, Canada, Finland, France.

5. I love you, yes, YOU. Does it count?

I love playing Paradox games, and I tried to help with development of some historical events in topics here on forum ;)

Half of the DH team probably hates me from all my complaining about lack of historical accuracy/plausability and great features from AoD but I'll cast the vote for myself anyway. :p

I usually have quite a bit of time and as you already know I WILL give you feedback on my findings, so feel free to pick me.

EDIT: I think I can also be of great help to the couple of people working on Finland.

Last edited:
I am American, so therefore i deserve to be chosen. Being European is highly overrated.

Because I'm Australian.

I think that's a fairly conclusive argument.

No any specific reason. Just that I have every HoI game that there is and tested most mods also. So I have experience on testing. Also I am used on betatesting for having tested over 20 different games before on beta. But like I said, no any good reason.

Copied from the blog you deceptively put up :p

I can haz beta? :p

Also, first post! \o/

I am an avid fan of Hearts of Iron II (who isn't? :p) and I have done some beta-testing before. :3 I can notice many things others will not, and can also be an ass about the English and let you know where it needs improving, just in case of mess-ups. :p I usually have ready internet access and multiple computers so that I can play wherever I am. I also am typically a good writer when I am motivated. :3 I am also an avid fan of history (what Paradoxian isn't) and an archaeologist (even though my field is about 2500-3500 years prior) and so that totally makes me feel a sense of entitlement. :p

Btw, couldn't having people post here encourage them to copy off some of the better ones and just reword them a bit?

Hello. I believe I am good candidate for beta testing your game.

Why you should choose me:
  • I am fan of history, especialy WW2 history, so I might spot some inconsistencies or minor mistakes, or make suggestions how to make content feel more historical.
  • I believe the game should not only provide good quality gameplay elements and story, but also the overall feel of enjoyment, so I hope I might be able to provide you with information how the game could intrinsically influence the player and provide better enjoyment.
  • I like balance and am a bit knowledgeable with statistics, so I hope I will proved valuable information for further balancing the game.
  • I think I will have enough free time to dedicate to this game.
  • I enjoyed Hearths of Iron 2 and want to re-experience this game in even better quality, especially for WW1 scenario.
  • Being from Lithuania, I will help you better refine Eastern Europe countries.

I hope these are good enough reasons to pick me up :).

Status
Not open for further replies.