• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Me and my friend have been playing a multiplayer campaign for two days now, and when we decided to continue it, we couldn't.
When we "scan" for games, nothing happens.
When we try to "join internetgame" with our IP adresses, nothing happens.

We even tried joining through the metaserver, and we were able to see each other in there, even chat, but when we tried joining each others games, we got a "game not found" message.

So what's happening? We haven't done anything different since yesterday.
Do you both have the same checksum?

This Mission was changed with Divine Wind. Now you have to fulfill the former Requirements and it wont fire till the Year 1603 or later. If you are aiming for Great Britain, you could use the Vassalize Scotland Mission instead and annex them after 10 Years.

My first or second time playing while following the wiki strategy guide for England, I got the Conquer Scotland mission after doing the insult bits. This was at the start of the game too, not 1603. Do you have a source for the change?

Do you have a source for the change?

Source?

conquer_scotland = {

type = country

allow = {
or = {
tag = ENG
tag = GBR
}
not = { highlands = { owned_by = this } }
not = { lowlands = { owned_by = this } }
exists = SCO
year = 1603
SCO = {
not = { vassal_of = ENG }
not = { vassal_of = GBR }
is_lesser_in_union = no
}
not = { relation = { who = SCO value = 50 } }
is_lesser_in_union = no
is_subject = no
}
abort = {
or = {
SCO = {
or = {
vassal_of = ENG
vassal_of = GBR
is_lesser_in_union = yes
}
}
is_lesser_in_union = yes
is_subject = yes
}
}
success = {
highlands = { owned_by = this }
lowlands = { owned_by = this }
}
chance = {
factor = 1000
modifier = {
factor = 2
mil = 7
}
modifier = {
factor = 2
mil = 8
}
}
immediate = {
lowlands = {
limit = { NOT = { owned_by = THIS } }
add_temp_claim = THIS
}
}
abort_effect = {
lowlands = {
remove_temp_claim = THIS
}
}
effect = {
lowlands = { add_core = THIS }
prestige = 0.1
}
}

Are you sure you were playing Divine Wind, not HTTT?

3 questions
1. how can i make it more probable to become papal controller, or is it random
2. where can i check my WE
3. why are my armies SOOO weak, i go attack france, their troops are doin over 1k damage, while im barely hittin 250, they even have the same tech lvl, at first i thought it could be cuz they got an idea that gives +1 morale, but even rebels do more damage then i do.

3 questions
1. how can i make it more probable to become papal controller, or is it random
2. where can i check my WE
3. why are my armies SOOO weak, i go attack france, their troops are doin over 1k damage, while im barely hittin 250, they even have the same tech lvl, at first i thought it could be cuz they got an idea that gives +1 morale, but even rebels do more damage then i do.

1) Narrowminded slider, good relations with the Papal States, send delegates to the Pope, etc.

2) On the Army page of the top-left side-bar, where your Army/Navy force limits are. Also on the War Icon near the Mini-Map at bottom right.

3) High discipline gives more kills... but if you are attacking them (instead of vice-versa), it's probably terrain penalties that are screwing you over.

Source?

Are you sure you were playing Divine Wind, not HTTT?

Yes, just purchased DW through the steam sale last week and the splash screen says DW. Where is the file you show the code from? I'm still pretty sure I received the mission, and I haven't played a game past 1450 yet.

Edit:
Found the file on my PC at it has the same year as what you posted. I'm not sure what to think.

The 1603 requirement was added in one of the early 5.1 betas, which means that jarekb84 must be playing DW 5.0

Splash screen shows EU3 v5.1 (XXVU) and the file on my pc is the same as blue emu posted. I started playing earlier this week, so unless the patch came out in the last 4-5 days, I don't think I was playing 5.0. I still think I had that mission though. After getting it the first time while following the guide, I got my ass handed to me, so I decided to start over and see if I could have handled the war better (ended up restarting a bunch of times since I couldn't get the mission). Even with all the facts against me, I still have this nagging feeling that I did get them mission, maybe I'm losing my mind.

I am at war with a country "A" that is the leader of two PU's with countries "B" and "C" (yes, two!). I have conquered all the provinces of "B" and "C", but I can't sue peace with them in order to try to annex or vassalize them because they are in PU with "A", the stronger country.

1) Now, I have to change my plans and invade "A" to win enough war score, but my question is: Will it be possible in the peace negotiations with "A" to ask him to let me vassalize countries "B" and "C" (or give me their provinces)? If not, I wonder if it would be possible to command "A" to terminate the PU's with "B" and "C" in the peace negotiations, so then I can negotiate with "B" and "C" so I could vassalize them...

2) As "A" has many provinces, I guess I won't be able to vassalize it because of the war score > 100%, but in case I could vassalize it, what would happen with "B" and "C"? Would they become my vassals as well? Would they keep being in a PU?

Splash screen shows EU3 v5.1 (XXVU) and the file on my pc is the same as blue emu posted. I started playing earlier this week, so unless the patch came out in the last 4-5 days, I don't think I was playing 5.0. I still think I had that mission though. After getting it the first time while following the guide, I got my ass handed to me, so I decided to start over and see if I could have handled the war better (ended up restarting a bunch of times since I couldn't get the mission). Even with all the facts against me, I still have this nagging feeling that I did get them mission, maybe I'm losing my mind.

Hang on, EU3 v5.1 should be BJLT

There is one thing I don't get

EU3 wiki says max demand for new world goods is +200% for example.

But buildings on ingame price on demand says it can go +300% from buildings? So you can't get +300% from buildings?

There is one thing I don't get

EU3 wiki says max demand for new world goods is +200% for example.

But buildings on ingame price on demand says it can go +300% from buildings? So you can't get +300% from buildings?
Max world wide demand for goods is +200%. The effect buildings have on demand is per province.

I am at war with a country "A" that is the leader of two PU's with countries "B" and "C" (yes, two!). I have conquered all the provinces of "B" and "C", but I can't sue peace with them in order to try to annex or vassalize them because they are in PU with "A", the stronger country.

1) Now, I have to change my plans and invade "A" to win enough war score, but my question is: Will it be possible in the peace negotiations with "A" to ask him to let me vassalize countries "B" and "C" (or give me their provinces)? If not, I wonder if it would be possible to command "A" to terminate the PU's with "B" and "C" in the peace negotiations, so then I can negotiate with "B" and "C" so I could vassalize them separately...

I reply to myself after having played further: Peace negotiations with "A" allow to receive provinces from "B" and "C", but you can't directly vassalize "B" and "C" that way. Instead, after sueing peace with "A", I can go and negotiate with "B" and "C" so I could vassalize each of them.

2) As "A" has many provinces, I guess I won't be able to vassalize it because of the war score > 100%, but in case I could vassalize it, what would happen with "B" and "C"? Would they become my vassals as well? Would they keep being in a PU?

I vassalized "A" finally, but this doesn't mean I had automatically vassalized "B" and "C".

Hope this mess helps somebody :p

Alternatively you can really humiliate them prestige-wise in the peace deal (pick every prestige-nuking option possible) and then wait for their king to die, since odds are that will end their PUs.