• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you can manage to no longer border them through rebels or another country colonizing them, you stop paying tribute. And if the horde manages to stop being a horde (revolutionary rebels or forming the Mughals) tribute stops.

Yep. I mean, technically, bankruptcy might do it, if you're prepared to go that far, but unless you declare war on a horde (or somebody else wipes it out for you), you'll pay tribute the rest of the game.

OK, that helps. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me how the revolution thing in America happens?

I had a large holding in South America when Brazil and Paraguay popped up from nowhere, i was able to stomp them easily but i couldn't annex them.

Does it only take one province in the "zone" to be of revolt risk high? even if it's not your one?
ta

Are there specific missions, decisions, events, or something that gives Great Britain cores in India?
All European countries get such an event. They have to have cored an Indian province and established an Indian Trade Company, and their Indian core has to be next to Indian provinces owned by a nation outside the Western tech group.

All European countries get such an event. They have to have cored an Indian province and established an Indian Trade Company, and their Indian core has to be next to Indian provinces owned by a nation outside the Western tech group.

Would also point out that colonising taiwan is the easiest route to get the east indian trade co.

Would also point out that colonising taiwan is the easiest route to get the east indian trade co.
Just remember to wait until the province is a city before taking the decision.

How is trade range calculated in DW?

I started a game as Burgundy and had no problems trading in Genoa and Venice. Some time into the game, and I am told that I am out of range. How did that happen?

Burgundy's southern territory is pretty close to Genoa and Venice, so I'm not sure how that could happen. Did you: Lose all of your southern territory? Move towards mercantilism? Install a map-mod after starting your Burgundy game?

Is there some benefit to a ridiculously high national manpower beyond having a good reinforcement pool and the ability to recruit a bunch of new troops all at once? I'm just wondering why some AI nations that already have high manpower like France tend to take National Conscripts or if they'd be better off having something else in its place?

Burgundy's southern territory is pretty close to Genoa and Venice, so I'm not sure how that could happen. Did you: Lose all of your southern territory? Move towards mercantilism? Install a map-mod after starting your Burgundy game?
Nothing of that. I even deleted the map cache... but this wierd effect persists.

Just now, for a month or so, I was again able to trade there... and then: poof, out of range again.

Are there conditions for being able to trade overland? Or is that just a strange bug?

I'm just wondering why some AI nations that already have high manpower like France tend to take National Conscripts or if they'd be better off having something else in its place?
Some of them, at least, probably have it on their Historical NIs list, making them very likely to take it.

Are there specific missions, decisions, events, or something that gives Great Britain cores in India?

Nothing for cores, but there's a mission that gives you conquest CB's on the entire Indian coast, letting you take provinces for 1 infamy.

Code:
conquer_indian_coastal_province = {

type = country

allow = {
		or = {
			tag = ENG
			tag = GBR
		}
		indian_coast = { has_discovered = this }
		not = { indian_coast = { owned_by = this } }
		is_lesser_in_union = no
		is_subject = no
	}
	abort = {
		or = {
			is_lesser_in_union = yes
			is_subject = yes
		}
	}
	success = {
		indian_coast = { owned_by = this }
	}
	chance = {
		factor = 1000
		modifier = {
			factor = 2
			idea = land_of_opportunity
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 2
			idea = colonial_ventures
		}
	}
	immediate = {
		indian_coast = {
			limit = { port = yes range = yes has_discovered = THIS }
			add_temp_claim = THIS
		}
	}
	abort_effect = {
		indian_coast = {
			remove_temp_claim = THIS
		}
	}
	effect = {
		treasury = 50
	}
}

Nothing of that. I even deleted the map cache... but this wierd effect persists.

Just now, for a month or so, I was again able to trade there... and then: poof, out of range again.

Are there conditions for being able to trade overland? Or is that just a strange bug?

Are you sure its range? Maybe you have popup messages disabled for getting embargoed. Go to the individual CoT's screen and hover over the word Send on the Send Button. If it says "Cannot Compete Here" it means they've embargoed you, if you are out of range it'll say something like 'The distance to this CoT is XXXX and our current trade range is only YYYY"

Stupid question perhaps, but here goes. Every month there's a whopping 0.30 attrition added to my WE but the only troops in foreign territory is a 3-unit in Malta which has a Supply Limit of 8. I have a few rebels and a few stacks of 25 units camping in provinces (of my own) that only have a supply limit of 23-24. Are those stacks really to blame for that high attrition?

Stupid question perhaps, but here goes. Every month there's a whopping 0.30 attrition added to my WE but the only troops in foreign territory is a 3-unit in Malta which has a Supply Limit of 8. I have a few rebels and a few stacks of 25 units camping in provinces (of my own) that only have a supply limit of 23-24. Are those stacks really to blame for that high attrition?

Well if you've checked each stack to make sure none are suffering attrition then I guess not. Could it be that some of your provinces are occupied? Not sure if that comes up as attrition or occupied provinces on the tool tip thought tbh.

Are you sure its range? Maybe you have popup messages disabled for getting embargoed. Go to the individual CoT's screen and hover over the word Send on the Send Button. If it says "Cannot Compete Here" it means they've embargoed you, if you are out of range it'll say something like 'The distance to this CoT is XXXX and our current trade range is only YYYY"

Yep, it's definitly range.