• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, I have definitely claimed capitals earlier. In a previous game I forced Savoy and Naples off the continent. At least in vanilla DW... Could this be something SRI has affected?

As Keinwyn said, a province with a port cannot be truly isolated. You can only take inland capitals have been separated from the rest of the country. However, sometimes the AI is very eager to move their capital away if it's surrounded, even if it's coastal. Maybe you can wait and NOT take colonial holdings to make them more appealing as a capital location?

Yeah... the values in the province view are yearly incomes... divide it by 12 and you get your monthly gold income.

As regards the slider... try right-clicking the slider (not the bar, precisely the little golden/silver thing you can move left or right)... that should unlock it. This locking/unlocking can be very handy

Isn't one of those numbers monthly and the other yearly?

Yeah, I'd say you're right.

Yeah... the values in the province view are yearly incomes... divide it by 12 and you get your monthly gold income.

As regards the slider... try right-clicking the slider (not the bar, precisely the little golden/silver thing you can move left or right)... that should unlock it. This locking/unlocking can be very handy

Oh wow, I feel like a complete idiot now. I thought it was some sort of penalty based on my policies. Much thanks

Last edited:
Prussia's capital (Ostpreussen) is isolated from the rest of her holdings. I have a core on Ostpreussen. I attack Prussia and occupy european holdings (figures they have colonies too). I can not demand Ostpreussen in the peace deal.

Is this a bug or is there some reason you wouldn't be able to demand an isolated capital in your peace deal?

EDIT: Hunting down their stupid colonial holdings and getting 100% didn't help.

You can't annex a capital with a port if they have another port.

is it possible to establish any of the countries in the americas, even though most did not come into existance before 1821

Yes, kinda. If they have the right culture(USA having English, Brazil/Portuguese, Mexico/Spanish etc) you can release them as a vassal iirc. But only after a certain date and event fires(giving the colonial state appropriate cores). If you're doing something ahistorical, say colonizing Mexico w/ France or some such you can't release them but they can revolt after the aforementioned date and event.

Once again I am stuck as Shogun... everybody in Japan hates me, but my Prestige is so high, that the Shugunate Influence is stuck at 100%... since I just received a Border Friction CB and discovered, that two of my lovely "neigbours" are possible targets for "Obscure Documents", I would like to DOW them... what is the most efficient way to reduce (YOUR OWN!) Shogunate Influence?
(Keep thinking, Japan is broken somehow...)

Pretty sure that Japan is still broken at times. Just open the console and annex them that way. ;)

Im currently playing as the Golden Horde, i want to culture shift to Russian so i can form Russia, however i cant attack Novgorod without taking a -2 stability hit (no CB) and that would get there allies involved (Sweden, and Poland). I also never get the horde border event with them (auto war declaration). is this a bug?

Im currently playing as the Golden Horde, i want to culture shift to Russian so i can form Russia, however i cant attack Novgorod without taking a -2 stability hit (no CB) and that would get there allies involved (Sweden, and Poland). I also never get the horde border event with them (auto war declaration). is this a bug?

If they're paying you tribute you won't declare war every 5 years(and a AI horde will never cancel tribute). But if you do they can't bring their allies in. You have to have a border w/ the horde to go to war w/ it.

You may have to just suck up the stab hit.

Also found somthing else anoying while trying to do this, as my capital has land surrounding it i cant move it, ive tried to sell some of my land around it to Georgia but the game wont let me. it gives me the option to sell but when i click confirm i get no message afterwards

Also found somthing else anoying while trying to do this, as my capital has land surrounding it i cant move it, ive tried to sell some of my land around it to Georgia but the game wont let me. it gives me the option to sell but when i click confirm i get no message afterwards

You probably just don't have the message options for successful/failed selling of a province turned on, and they are probably just refusing your offer.

What about more mild effects like the canal system? Do they still exist? I am playing an early game in DW right now and I am basically trying to identify how mobile my Nat Focus can be now without missing out on potential future and critical province decisions.

well right now i'm fighting rebels in england scotland and wales non stop for the past 20 years, and my worst is still at 8%, it's getting ridiculous, or is this just one of the problems of aggressive expansion to ireland and scotland as the english?

Always take scotland and ireland via mission if you want it to be stable. The same for France.

What about more mild effects like the canal system? Do they still exist? I am playing an early game in DW right now and I am basically trying to identify how mobile my Nat Focus can be now without missing out on potential future and critical province decisions.

Canals/Roads were turned in to buildings. They're both in the trade line.

The focus is generally important in DW for the bonus' it gives the provinces it touches not the province decisions it enables. The exception being the two Capital Province decisions I mentioned earlier.

Removing cores, settlement policies, and supporting local customs, while helpful aren't really key to your states development like the old decisions were. Those were turned into buildings. After govt. tech 10 and the Standardizing of your scales feel free to move the focus to where it has the greatest benefit to country as a whole. IE touches the most provinces. Moving it for short periods of religious conversion or colonization for those bonus can also help alot.

Purrfect. That's exactly what I was hoping for.. hello global english culture.