• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah, well, Austria might have been screwed pretty badly, but one interesting dtidbit is that Austria had the biggest annual growth in of GDP in the Prewar period IIRC. Maybe if Germany had pulled of a victory in WW1 they could have been saved.

Depends on how you mesure, but in many critical areas, Austro-Hungery was the weakest, or rather least evolving, of the Great Powers during the decades leading up to WWI. In the book I finished reading last week, I got the following figures.

Precentage of world production 1880 --> 1914:
Austria-Hungery: 4.4 --> 4.4
Germany: 8.5 --> 14.8
Russia: 7.6 --> 8.2
Great Britain: 22.9 --> 13.6
France: 7.8 --> 6.1
USA: 14.7 --> 32.0

In steel-production, Austria-Hungery had almost half of it's closest competitor's production (France), with 2.6 of the global market. Between 1870 and 1914, Austria-Hungery had a population increase of 44 %, which was still less than every other Great Power excluding France, a country that was experience a complete demographic stagnation with 8 % increase. Ultimately, Austria-Hungery showed signs of reform, but the biggest problem was that the dual nature of the State and the subsequent language-question blocked any initiative in reforming the army, or incorporating the smaller nationalities into the parliamentary frame work (mostly opposed by the Hungerians).

Yah, really depends, though the problem with those numbers is that the rise of germany and the USA lie within that period. That AUH actually kept its percentage and not lost like france and GB did is a real achievement.

A-H not including Bohemia is heresy :D
nice empire though considering most of their industry was in bohemian lands in reality such empire would be pretty screwed having only hungarian puszta and austrian mountains with no skiing resorts :)

A great magician never reveals his tricks. Though seriously: I made deals that let me survive until Naval 20 hits and after that I will be gone from europe anyway.

Nik, the moment you move to America, I'm going to give your nation it's modern "banner"-flag, rather than the "coat of arms"-flag to better reflect your status as North American immigrants.

DBQJM.png

1Ee9c.png

On second thought, I might just change the flag-file right now. :)

Last edited:
I concur. Adding Austria-Hungary as a formable is complete nonsense. It was merely something that slowed down Austria's death, and i'm not even sure about that.

Well i think actualy it was just mostly austria conquering hungary, with excuse, of claiming it's throne, but it did not PU'ed hungary, not controled it's whole territory(until it defeated ottomans). So HAB tag is just enough i think. Making Austria-Hungary is just senseless.

However PLU or PLC(whichever tag name you this is better), is more sense, as it was a real union of two nations (with no use of war, just pure diplomacy). But i would not care about it realy.

With whom did you form it?And capture Bulgaria :p

Roman Empire, very hard, with Death and Taxes:

Hq3I1.jpg

FW6JH.jpg

I did most of what I wanted to accomplish: redraw Trajan's borders, reestablish the republic, dismantle the fake Roman Empire, and vassalize the rest of Europe complete with rational, organized borders. On that last count I wasn't entirely successful, since I didn't have enough time. My only vassals were Cleves and Styria. The nature of the game probably also makes historically accurate Roman borders impossible, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. One thing was not historically accurate, though. The Persians remained my reliable allies throughout most of the game.

mgoblue, don't get me wrong - it's a nice empire and you must have had much work creating it.
it's just i'm not a real fan of these medieaval roman empires uniting the english, mozarabs, french, turks, arabs and germans etc... seriously there had been so many demographic changes since the old empire :D did you form it with some balkan minor? no, sorry, i say no, i'll never buy that :)

/swistaczek is my hero, good work, sir, lol