• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
wsvbO.jpg

Death and Taxes 7.0 with the Mamluks. I didn't intervene in Europe directly apart from getting Edirne from Lithuania :blink: and Macedonia / Kozani from the the Byzzies. I also might've PU'd the Ottomans in 1357 (1356 start) by accident. The Muzaffarids (spelling?) formed Persia and I'm honestly surprised the Golden Horde hasn't collapsed yet - they've been remarkably stable and actually picked up a few provinces off Persia in their last war, though I might've also hit Persia at the same time for most of my border in that region.

As a minor sidenote: having the first TSC of your reign - 8 months into the game no less - spawn a 30k pretender stack in Alexandria was... Amusing.

Awesome empire, always tempting to start a Mamlukes game, but not too experienced yet.

Awesome empire, always tempting to start a Mamlukes game, but not too experienced yet.
The mamluks are an interesting nation to play, I played a game as them recently where I conquered all of Ethiopia, Adal, Swahili and most of Mutapa. Had a great economy too. Unfortunately I got declared on by Castille and some other big European nations. Cascading alliances, goddamnit! Well, you can guess how that turned out.

nice one! maybe i should be playing mods too ... is that persia going crazy over there in the west??? maybe you shoul eat your way through india and face persia for a real challenge.

D+T's pretty great, I've heard good things about MPM, and Whole World Mod's awesome but there's no working build right now (for Divine Wind). And yeah, that's Persia, with a little GH smudge up in the northwest. They formed out of Chobanids and then proceeded to eat everything. I dunno if I want to go through India, though, since Vijay is my longtime ally and they should form Hindustan soon. That might be an even better challenge!

The mamluks are an interesting nation to play, I played a game as them recently where I conquered all of Ethiopia, Adal, Swahili and most of Mutapa. Had a great economy too. Unfortunately I got declared on by Castille and some other big European nations. Cascading alliances, goddamnit! Well, you can guess how that turned out.

D&T tweaks the Castillian AI quite a lot - as can be seen by the utter lack of Spanish North Africa. There might've been a war or two between Castille and Morocco, but they ended inconclusively as far as I know. My heirs are my worst enemy - I've had a dynasty switch (1356 starting ruler died 8 months in) and by current count four dead heirs - one Medicus, one Hunting Accident and the Temple/weak claim-heir choice twice, all between 1370 and 1455 or so. The one time I used the weak heir one netted me a living 3/3/3 weak claim heir who eventually became king at age 12.5 for two TSCs and loads of overextension, which is killer for your economy.

So, where should I go from here? I'm planning on totally unifying China under a Tibetan flag and forcing the arrogant Han to pay tribute to Lhasa! Then westernizing, obviously. But after that, perhaps I can into space! I'd love some suggestions.

Nice! Unify China -> Unify the "Asian" people? Asian - as in Chinese, Korean and Japanese.. Maybe the Thai-countries as well?!

How did you manage to convince the French player not to devour you?
Probably friendship. Or maybe magic.

Then again, friendship is magic.
So either way it works.

Probably friendship. Or maybe magic.

Then again, friendship is magic.
So either way it works.
But magic is not friendship necessarily

How did you manage to convince the French player not to devour you?
A great magician never reveals his tricks. Though seriously: I made deals that let me survive until Naval 20 hits and after that I will be gone from europe anyway. Brittany is sufficiently bad land so that France profits more from the money I can cough up than from the 4 BT 4-6 Provinces.
Btw, how did you know that Sid and I are both Bronies, or was that just random guesswork? :D

Why is Equestria not a formable nation?

Also, why is there not a Equestria Universalis mod already?

Yer playing the wrong game. Vicky2 has an Equestria Mod.

Nice!
Although I don't really have an idea, why Austria-Hungary is formable in some mods. Austria held Hungary for several hundred years and they called themselves still Austria. When they declared themselves Austria-Hungary that wasn't a glorious accomplishment but more a concession to the Hungarians just to be able to hold the Habsburgian realm together...

What mod allows that historically disastrous compromise to be an active decision??

On the other hand, it is beautiful. :)

EDIT:
Nice!
Although I don't really have an idea, why Austria-Hungary is formable in some mods. Austria held Hungary for several hundred years and they called themselves still Austria. When they declared themselves Austria-Hungary that wasn't a glorious accomplishment but more a concession to the Hungarians just to be able to hold the Habsburgian realm together...

Seems like we were thinking exacly the same thing at the same time. ;)

I concur. Adding Austria-Hungary as a formable is complete nonsense. It was merely something that slowed down Austria's death, and i'm not even sure about that.
Ah, well, Austria might have been screwed pretty badly, but one interesting dtidbit is that Austria had the biggest annual growth in of GDP in the Prewar period IIRC. Maybe if Germany had pulled of a victory in WW1 they could have been saved.