• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A very interesting start and idea and as Ashantai said, at least you have a fiver year breather before Castille can try anything else.

Looking forward to the next update!

Ashantai- i figured that i would want to expand into italy more, so i didnt want to have to use no casus bellis twice.

Dewrix- very tense, and i think the answer that ashantai gave was right.

Sprites- Yes, i got MA from morrocco so i parked my fleet there.

Enewald- I tried that when i was doing my test runs, but i would always lose because they would form a second main force and wipe out me small stacks.

Garudamon11- I may, i may not, its part of the mystery

dsb3232-That may be the plan

jaspume- it will be interesting i hope

Chapter 4: The Blood on Steel

The travel back to the king’s castle was generally uneventful with the occasional seasickness. The days after our arrival was peaceful with the only events being unpacking the kings room, which hadn’t been torched when the Castilians entered the main chamber. Most of the time spent not on unpacking was spent on tours of the countryside, and later a trip to Gibraltar to visit the veterans of the siege, which was a trip I did not participate in.

When the king returned form his trip, he began to make preparations for the invasion of Urbino. Most of the time was spent on relocating the troops that had immediately surrendered to the Spaniards. After he had found most of the two thousand, plus a few new recruits, he ordered his men to load up into the boats so they could leave.

This left me with a dilemma. I didn’t want to go on another boat trip because I tended to get seasick on longer boat rides, but I didn’t want to collect dust while there was an exciting war going on across the ocean either. Weighing my options appropriately, I decided that I would follow the king and his men to Italy and watch them.

When I arrived, I had heard from Jamal that all of the Italian had been wiped out from a previous war with their neighboring state, Florence.

Well that was great, just great, I got myself seasick on a four day boat trip to Italy just to watch a bunch of people sit around and do nothing. But on the plus side, I got to watch a siege. To tell you the truth, it was nothing like I had expected it to be. Unlike the total war games I played, a siege actually takes a long time to complete with the siege of Anacona taking over two years. I would usually bide my time while “besieging” the city by taking a tour of the front lines, and later, the city.

My tours of the city were very depressing and not as satisfying as I thought they would be. Many of the times I would pass a historical landmark, it would be heavily looted. Also it appeared as if everyone inside the city was suffering from disease and famine. Even the noble families were suffering from food shortages.

“This isn’t what war is supposed to be like, not all sad and depressing like this is, its supposed to be glorious and prestigious, just like what movies and video games say they are.”

I returned to my “tent” felling dejected until I heard what I thought would be good news.

“Sultan, Sultan!” Jamal entered the room exclaiming, “the leader of the garrison had just surrendered his men to us!”

“Good, tell them to open the gates so our men could enter.”

“Oh good,” I thought “ those poor people won’t be suffering anymore.”

I was wrong. Completely wrong. The moment the soldiers entered the city, mass pillaging began as woman were raped in their own homes and local businesses were looted and then burnt to the ground. I began to get frustrated, wanting to be able to stop them, but not being able to do anything. I immediately left the city and headed to the king’s chamber.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A few days passed between the fall of Anacona uneventfully. In the city a distant glow had formed because of all the looting. When the city became safer to enter, the king moved his temporary chambers to the castle.

“Sultan, the king of Urbino wants to negotiate peace.”

“Send him away, peace has already been achieved.”

The king sent of Jamal to tell the king. I had been a spider for a few years now, and I was starting to grow to like it.

Last edited:
Muslims bordering the Pope! :eek: This looks like a holy war and no mistake!

At the moment the Pope and Firenze are helpfully keeping you from a border with Milan. Naples to the south is more of a worry. I say the Sultan should go after them quickly and take a bit more land in Italy before Castille comes calling again!

Milan is somehow afraid to use boats in my games and often lose their two southern provinces.
the best would be to take some Naples provinces , maybe the notrern papal one too , before Castille asks for round two :D

Yeah! An Awesome Granada AAR. I think that spiders are long-lived, right? Plus they have like millions of children, right? So spiders can spread their web (haha) of informants far and wide as the Invincible Sultanate of Granada spreads across the land of the Middle Sea! (And beyond - why not!?!)
:D

Ashantai- It gets even better than that

Dewirix- Naples is a problem. Strangely, Castille is leaving me alone, maybe they are happy with Almeria.

Sprites- I plan on fully dominating Italy

Enewald- Its interesting how this rome thing plays out.

Marco Oliverio- As you can see today, Boris survives for a long time. thanks too

Two things:

1. Sorry about the long time between updates, i have had a busy week that included six different test.

2. If anyone here is interested in an EU3 MP game, join War, War Never Changes, we are looking for new players

Chapter 5: Line in the Sand

Instead of returning to his capital in Granada, the king stayed in Anacona, touring the countryside, over viewing the reconstruction of the palace so it looked more Muslim. The people of the city were generally not happy with our occupation and many coup attempts, but none were ever put into action.

“ Sir, while we were searching the public library we found a map that shows that this province includes part of the Pope’s lands sir, the Popes land.” Jamal announced

“Good, make a public statement saying that we intend on reconquering these provinces in the near future.” The sultan replied with a glimmer in his eye.

“I think the pope may be a bit offended and may retaliate with war.” Jamal replied

“ Aaagh, the Pope is already preoccupied with maintaining his pretend faith!” the king retorted, sending a powerful message to Jamal.

“As you wish, my sultan.”

Days passed as no retaliation came from the Pope. It eventually became recognized that once an opportunity arisen, the Sultan would conquer Rome.

“My Sultan, a diplomat from both Algeria and Morocco has arrived bearing a coat of arms. The diplomat from Algeria tell us that they were maliciously attacked. In defense, the Moroccan diplomat stated that the Algerian government had sent an insulting letter. However, when we inquired about this, we found that there was no insulting letter.”

“Thank you Aamir, accept the Algerian call to arms for me please. Tell the Moroccan diplomat that his Sultan should be much more careful when considering his conquests.”

“Aamir, what do you think about declaring war on Tunisia to secure Algeria’s flank?” the king asked.

“I think it’s a great idea, my Sultan.” Aamir replied.

“And how do you think our Muslim brothers would react to our possible annexation of Tunisia.”

“From what I’ve seen, other countries don’t seem to tolerate complete annexations of a country.”

“ Okay, we will settle for Gabes, just to show them who’s boss.”

“That sounds better my liege, I will send the declaration of war immediately.”

Time passed from month to month as battle occurred, cities fell, a white peace was made with Morocco, which made the Algerian king angry, who promptly offered his alliance back. However, they both reoffered their alliances and peace was restored when the king signed the treaty of Tangier beach; which forced Tunis to hand over the city of Gabes and release all claims on Gafsa. The king had run into many money problems at the time, and had gone bankrupt, twice.

That's interesting...getting a chance to annex Rome! I wonder where the Papacy would magically relocate to?

Yes, I do!

Personally, I'd like there to be more narrative with the spider, but it's your choice, and I like how things are going both game and story wise.

Yes, I do!

Personally, I'd like there to be more narrative with the spider, but it's your choice, and I like how things are going both game and story wise.

i mean to do this, but i was a bit rushed getting this update out. So you are thinking more like Chapter 4

You have gone bankrupt twice and theres no way you can avoid another war with Castille, you must make an alliance with Aragon, Portugal or France, your alliance with Algeirs and Morocco is only going to give Castille a foothold in north africa faster than it should be
I suggest you focus on a large navy and colonization

The bankruptcy is surely a huge blow. Your troops will have zero morale for five years, which will mean there will be absolutely no way of stopping Castille when it next comes calling.

Interested to see how the sultan gets out of this!

Ashantai- I hope to annex them sooner than later

Ashantai- I like for it to have more narrative by the spider also, i was a bit rushed last update.

Enewald- If they only had a slider for it, i would

Garudamon11- I like to do roleplaying in my games, so i probably won't ally with catholics.

Dewirix- You will see

fc gog- im till playing:)

Dsb3232- I needed them.