• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I do indeed! I'm interested in seeing how you plan to resist the inevitable day 1 Reconquest/Crusade DOW from Castille though!

I like it so far. I really love the format and I'm interested to see how you survive against Spain, let alone expand. :)

This should be interesting.

Boris's knowledge of Arabic will come in handy, although the fact he had to learn it at school suggests that Granada won't be colonising America in this timeline.

On the other hand, maybe I'm reading too much into this. :D

Zhangku- Thanks

Ashantai- Thanks u will see

Sprites- Thanks, i hope you like it.

Garudamon11- glad to see your following

Eber- Glad you like the format

Teomat- Glad ou are enjoying it.

Axe27-Glad you like it

Dewirix- it does, but you may be overanalyzing abut the american colonization part:D

dsb3232- Yes its very good, but i have some catastrophc failures later.

Chapter 3: March of the Pigs

I arrived in the city of what I presumed to be Granada after a long journey. After I got off, I saw everyone bow down. Forgetting that I was a spider, I decided to bow like everyone else. When I looked up, I saw that the king and his guards. As I was bowing, I had an epiphany. I would get on the king’s horse and follow him and live in his royal palace. I figured that as long as I was a spider, I would at least follow someone interesting. I climbed on the horse that was destined for the royal palace.

As I arrived in the royal palace with the king, I found myself hoping that no one would see me and alert the king. Fortunately, I arrived in the palace without being squished. By the way I forgot to tell you that I learned how to spin a web. I won’t go into details, because, that shouldn’t be discussed in an AAR should it now. Anyway after I got myself situated on the new web, an advisor from the kings court arrived in his room with a large scroll.

“My Sultan, I have brought you the scroll you wanted.” the advisor said to the king.

“Thank you Aamir,” the king replied “I’m sure that the peasants will be very happy that we are lowering taxes.”

“Your welcome my Sultan.” The king signed the scroll and handed it back to Aamir. Aamir then left the room to make the royal decree.

About an hour later, the king called in his head diplomat Jamal.

“Jamal send a diplomat bearing a declaration of war to the capital of Urbino, we must spread Muslim influence to Italy.”

“But my Sultan, the people will be very upset that we are sending their men to die without justification.”

“You heard me Jamal!” the king snapped. “ and plus, shouldn’t they be happy already with their taxes lowered. What more could they possibly want at the moment?”

“Jamal, while your at it, also pass an edict forcing all able bodied men to join the army.”

“But my Sultan-” Jamal replied.

“You heard me! One more interjection and I will send you to the gold mines of Ifni.”

“Gulp, as you wish my Sultan. I apologize for my insolence.”

Days passed as the king made preparations for the invasion until one day, Jamal rushed into the kings room bearing terrible news.

“My Sultan, My Sultan, I have just received a declaration of war from the King of Castille. They are stating that they want to recapture the city of Almeria.”

“ There is nothing we can do, order the army to surrender at the sight of the Castilians and tell the court to pack they’re bags and that we are going to move the government to Tangiers.”

After hearing the news, the king immediately began packing up all of his most important belongings. Deciding that I didn’t want to be here if the Castilians decided to torch the kings room, I attached myself to the kings suitcase.

The trip took a week to complete and left me feeling very queasy. The Moroccan king graciously let us hold an emergency court in Tangier. The only dire news received was that the Castilians had captured both Almeria and the city of Granada itself. However, the Rock of Gibraltar stood strong, surviving numerous assaults from the Spaniards. After a fifth assault finally failed. The Spaniards brought themselves to the negotiation table.

“My king demands that you hand over the city of Almeria and the surrounding regions or he will continue the siege of Gibraltar.” the Spanish diplomat said to the Sultan of Granada.

“Sigh, as you wish.” the king replied.

Interesting start. At least you have five years of peace before Castille can attack again!

Out of interest, why Urbino and not, say, Sardinia or Malta?

I'm guessing it's from his no CB war on Urbino....

I remember some epic AAR where the Castillians besieged Granada for five years, Granadans conquering Castille meanwhile with a much smaller force. :p
Good luck!

Good luck, you will need it !!! I suggest you start colonizing as fast as possible so you can match castille, but in HTTT castille can be a bit overpowered and it seems that castille always conquers north africa