• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
the horde is gaining more and more ground , and some better than before with that ^^

this will leave some OPM's to clear , hopefully the AI in IN gives some pretty nice warnings

Latin knights? The feared army of mighty Bohemia fields Latin Knights. Another paper tiger.

Nogai is a two province minor, soon to be come OPM. You've created a number of OPMs that will soon be part of the Horde. I suspect your remaining vassals will soon all be released. Croatia's good for a guarantee. 90,000 troops are enough for the Ottomans, if you can fight them on their own. I'd prefer, though, to have another 90,000 in theatre. I'll be interested to see if Castille manages to make any gains from the Ottomans especially in Tunisia and southern Italy.

You will still need transports to move your forces to Gotland.

Poland will lose another 3 provinces and Pommerania 1 isolating the capital again and leaving Pommern a OPM. Leaves the Horde closer to Jutland and more Swedish provinces.

Going through the Deccan and its rich provinces will help fund that enlarged army.

Very good progress. I think it telling that TSC are merely a slight nusicance now (okay, maybe rather more than a slight nusicance...), rather than the major events they once were. The Horde is able to easily deal with a bunch of uppity peasants!

Oh God, Muslim Nyland.
Allah save me...

You live in Nyland?

Lucky you, I still have to put up with the swedes...

And, very nice progress indeed. But now France is getting close. And France is deadly in IN. And 40 % of the time in HTTT.

There is only the thinnest wafer between France and the Horde now. I hope from reading your AAR's that I can divine the likely strategy for dealing with the Blue Blob:

- maintain a narrow front comprised of the Bohemian corridor of 3 provinces of Breslau, Rtibor and Moravia. This will funnel in the invading forces to increase attrition and slow down the rate of losing provinces.
- Fortify the Bohemian and Polish provinces as high as possible, again for attrition.
- Bohemian rebel factories to help wear down the numbers. An old fashioned TSC defence would be handy. On the other hand, this means you would be praying the French came before the Bohemian provinces cored.
- Patience. The first war is always the longest and I expect the French would reach Kiev before they start to run out of steam. The next war would be easier and the third would be the killer.

And Castile v Ottoman can only be good news although I wonder why there hasn't been a France v Castile showdown so far.

Bohemia was very disappointing, I was expecting more from the HRE... then again if the AI chooses to waste its manpower in Latin knights... :rolleyes:

I totally agree with leaving the Ottomans in peace, after all they are sort of doing your job in Southern Europe...

China next?

Bohemia was very disappointing, I was expecting more from the HRE... then again if the AI chooses to waste its manpower in Latin knights... :rolleyes:
Which makes me wonder what the composition of French armies really is :D

Sounds like the ai is not upgrading western units properly.

Yup, before HTTT the unit types were in the history files. Nations would use their "historical" units instead of the best ones available.

FEEDBACK

Enewald - Allah is merciful so I'm sure you'll be just fine. Failing that you can always revolt ;)

Macknull - The answer is simple I have far too much willingnesss to engage in unending micromanagement while playing nearly the entire game on the slowest speed. I should get out more :eek:o

Malurous - Not sure what happened with Bohemia - the battles went really well and I just didn't have many problems. The Bohemian armies did end up sitting at the frontline whle I grabbed provinces behind them.

Boris ze Spider - I was expecting it to be much worse as well.

GaiusC -

I'm happy to let the Ottomans fight Castile indefinitely if possible!

Eastwards there are not countries only victims ;)

Colonisation is still slow as I've just reached 0.3 colonists with Danzig. There are two directions - Siberia and the Indian Ocean islands.

Culture spread isn't up to much - apart from the handful of provinces around the original Horde core area.

Ostmarch will probably defect to Austria if anything happens.​

urdh - Thought that it was odd.

sprites - It's true the European holdings will be rich once they convert and core.;

Chief Ragusa -
Latin Knights but the Infantry are modern.

Nogai is an OPM and soon to be annexed as I have a core :)

Only Novgorod is really much use amongst the vassals.

I expect Castile/Ottomans will end like last time with some minor released in the Balkans.

Gotland, all in good time :)

At some point Poland is going to be clobbered again.

Deccan's provinces are nice with high production values although it'll take a while to get them all.​

morningSIDEr - TSC's are getting easier to manage outside of the European provinces. It's all march and kill LOL

Johan11 - Liberation is not guaranteed but it is certainly possible ;)

There is only the thinnest wafer between France and the Horde now. I hope from reading your AAR's that I can divine the likely strategy for dealing with the Blue Blob:

- maintain a narrow front comprised of the Bohemian corridor of 3 provinces of Breslau, Rtibor and Moravia. This will funnel in the invading forces to increase attrition and slow down the rate of losing provinces.
- Fortify the Bohemian and Polish provinces as high as possible, again for attrition.
- Bohemian rebel factories to help wear down the numbers. An old fashioned TSC defence would be handy. On the other hand, this means you would be praying the French came before the Bohemian provinces cored.
- Patience. The first war is always the longest and I expect the French would reach Kiev before they start to run out of steam. The next war would be easier and the third would be the killer.

Perhaps I write too many AARs as that's pretty much what I'd like to do :rofl:

Vesimir - There's quite a lot more Sunni provinces out there - all over SE Asia and a lot of Africa. Poland does look incredibly like an alt-Brandenburg.

Malurous - So how are you finding you new overlords?

Ar7 - I'm fairly sure that France can inflict a huge amount of damage on me - against lower tech, level two fortresses they'll probably storm all the way to Sarai.

aldriq - India next and some tidying up.

GaiusC - It's an IN thing to use Historical units and we're moving straight into the height of French military power - the units will be the best available whatever they are - not that I've played many Latins in IN.

Chief Ragusa - I'm not letting the AI anywhere near the Horde - god knows what the AI would actually do.

Malurous - Thanks for explaining.

Axe27 - Davout has it right, I'll let the French march into Horde land and run up some WE. I doubt they'll run out of manpower or have rebel problems until after I've sacked Paris a few times.

Chapter Fifty Three​

Let’s start with a couple of interesting maps…

Central Europe - January 1650

1z58as0.jpg

I’m not very far away from France now. I’d like to all but finish off Poland, Bohemia and the Ottomans first.

India - January 1650

2hmk2fa.jpg

India is now a mix of Sunni and Hindu states. I’m confident I can beat any of them easily or all of them slowly so I’ll take India as opportunities arise.

The Economy

n30kyt.jpg

Government 3808/24432
Neighbour bonus 46

Production 3756/10693
9 Textile Manufactories
Neighbour bonus 46.40

Trade 5974/19676
3 Refineries
Neighbour bonus 63.40

Naval 5185/24432
Naval Manufactories
Neighbour bonus 62.20

Land 11530/37722
4 Weapon Manufactories
Neighbour bonus 14.60​

Quite simply I have a weak economy - I have a low tax level and I also have a lot of poor provinces. I’m converting what I can of the Horde’s lands as that removes tax penalties and reduces revolt risk. I’m very vulnerable to losing tax income through revolt risk.

Trade is the only sensible way to up my income - but I can only trade at home; fortunately I now have six COTs.

b8txz9.jpg

Comparative Economies

zk5vsx.jpg

Income sorted. On an inflation sort only the Horde, Portugal and Meissen are at zero.

Comparative Technologies

9k7zhc.jpg

Sorted by my best tech I don’t appear on the leader board. I’m still a long way from being competitive although I am doing better than anyone outside Europe. This list is basically all my real enemies plus the usual Latin tech minors that have a high value economy for their size and who are probably serious traders.

The Military

345n0nm.jpg

Army expansion isn’t as fast as I’d like - I certainly don’t have enough troops in Europe and Anatolia is undefended. There are currently 16000 men available for any war in China.

Comparative Armies

5fghz9.jpg

Comparative Navies

jpk5yo.jpg

Of course this doesn’t really show that my fleet is seriously outdated.

Ideas and Sliders

6p6w0l.jpg

Future moves are most likely to be towards Quality as I try and compensate for my generally weaker units and lagging tech compared with Western Europe.

Pies

b8920x.jpg

As a water fearing nation we’re not big on fish.

The Horde and Vassals - January 1650

rvy49s.jpg

Note the colonial push into the Indian Ocean islands. It’s where we send people into exile…

The World - January 1650

30bk58m.jpg

As ever when playing IN on Very Hard the Western Europeans have enough money to go crazy with colonies.

----------​

Last edited:
and the 250 years check-up ^^
as usual in IN France is the big boss :D

what do you want to do with the 'tail' in siberia? reach the pacific faster then colonize the inside?

Yes! More color thief casus belli!

Lvl 17 naval is really nearly a quarter of a million points? Time to go Wharfs, naval advisers -fear of the sea must be overcome. Who are your advisers? You've highlighted land , which is still the way to go.

If anything the neighbour bonuses seem on the low side.

Two unsquashed rebels in India Castille and colour thieves -that will never do.

What's the revenue in Constantinople and Alexandria COTs?

Pagan gold-ridden Swahili would once, converted, cure most of your financial woes. Not as fast as rich cored Sunni provinces in India, if the game obliges, which it isn't. You're converting faster than you're coring, which is just as well.

Taking down the Ottomans requires troops that you haven't got yet. You border 11 provinces and the game's not giving you cores. Is it worth trying for rivals spy mission? Looks to me like your economy could stand the raising at least a 16 rgt stack for Anatolia and a 24 rgt stack for the conquest of Swahili from Zanzibar.