+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 140 FirstFirst ... 26 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 76 101 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2782

Thread: Rebels without a pause - a Tribal AAR

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by prawnstar View Post
    the ottoman warning runs out in days, their army is in italy (100,000+) and their war exhaustion is over 9…
    ... THOUSAND!!!

Haha.
    Alaska: Like Finland, but with less death metal and a lot more Republicans

King: "As Vic2 development came close to completion we have to think about what the hell will we do next? We picked CK2 after Doomdark had a vision of the Little Baby Jesus and he was crying because there was no CK2."

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Well, does muslim country get a bonus from Jerusalem, Konstantinopolis or Roma?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Persia coring and becoming an accepted culture will make it a much more bearable place in the next TSC.

You're the regional power to beat now, but (IN!) France lies to the west and Ming to the east. Should provide for an interesting climax.
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

The Golden Bunch shall conquer the World! Bunch sounds so much better than Horde, no?

I know no sensible person takes things said on the internet personally, but I wanted to make sure you know I'm not trying to 'slander' your name. You are a very good player, one of the best.

And didn't you annex Persia some time back?
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    AwAARds
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

No, no dance games

Something not quite as embarrasing, but nevertheless more suited for a ten-yearold.

DoW the Otto's!

They're stuck in Italy!
    I was fan of the week: 9/28/09

On semi-permanent hiatus until CK 2 arrives. Don't expect to see me on.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

nice bonuses here , 400 neighbor bonuses and reduced costs ... your tech will progress three times as fast !

one problem i've found with the horde is your naval forcelimits is laughable
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

All of a sudden life seems to be looking really rosy these days. I guess the only thing that can hurt the Horde is France and it is far away.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nice reducing of Lithuania to a thin wedge So who's next in your military 'training' before Poland and France, Ming or Deccan?

Quote Originally Posted by Vesimir View Post
    The Golden Bunch shall conquer the World! Bunch sounds so much better than Horde, no?
    Don't know, sounds like an old brand of crisps, Golden Wonder. And PrawnStar living in Leicester... he's surely pro-Walkers
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Vesimir View Post
    "The Golden Thingy".
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    Well, does muslim country get a bonus from Jerusalem, Konstantinopolis or Roma?
    Roma and Jerusalem. No bonus for Mecca when you're Muslim (just like, I think, the Roma bonus is for non-Christians).

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ragusa View Post
    I do not know , if your Khan will survive long enough to get that 20 prestige, but I do feel confident that you'll give it your best shot.
    I probably missed something or forgot some special decision, but what's specific with the +20 prestige?

By the way, I was under the impression Prawnstar was more than +1 centralization over the limit. Did you decide to keep above the limit and accept the RR? Otherwise, I fail to see why you refused the +1 Decentralization event.

At this point in the game, I'm also under the impression that the Horde is the 2nd power right after France.

Rome gives a bonus for Christians. If you're Catholic you also gift all Catholics an automatic CB on you and the Pope keeps asking for land.

Prestige is supposed to help with the level of advisers. The land is cored, that Prawnstar wants to take and the prestige is the reward for successful completion of both Claims on Rivals.

To centralize, the Horde was 4 over centralization limit: thus, he's currentlly three over with diploannex of Iraq. The Horde can probably live with that. What would the AAR be without rebels?

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Ah rebels
    Now for the Otto's
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

After the tough beginning it looks as if the Horde is all-powerful now. Once westernisation is completed, I doubt anyone will stand in your way. Well, maybe a few million rebels but they have not done too well thus far.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

"The Golden Horde of Yaaaaargh!"

That would be an awesome name.
    I was fan of the week: 9/28/09

On semi-permanent hiatus until CK 2 arrives. Don't expect to see me on.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Finally caught up, good read so far. I love the premise and throwing in some role-play decisions like that really adds "historical flavoring" to an interesting situation. Oh and, kill the natives in Siberia please...apparently your people just can't settle peacefully with anyone to "pillage" nearby.
    Any people who would give up some of their liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both.
    Benjamin Franklin

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Ah, the Persian cores (not to mention the accepted culture) are nice. Before, that swathe of uncored land looked a bit too big to my liking.

It's maybe a tad surprising that Production has the full bonus too - Naval and Trade were pretty obvious. Of course it was bound to be high as well but I didn't expect 100.

Oh, and very nice war results. The Horde is spreading into all directions, as it should.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

FEEDBACK

GaiusC - I've had a good run of positive things - at some point that might end...

dinofs - Neighbour bonuses are going to do the heavy lifting on tech for a long time

Chief Ragusa -
    Croatia are vassalised not allied, somewhere to hide if my troops get lost in Hungary.

Straight DOW on the Ottomans means a stab hit - I can use the warning - that's what Crete's for.

Persian accepted is good - I've now got Tartar, Russian and Persian and it does help.

Agree Lithuania is broken I'll absorb it over the next few decades.

The Mamluk move was stupid I keep them warned

Deccan manages to lose wars against Ming but doesn't have Ming's revolt problems - they get the lost territory back and more through defection (Sunni zealots).

The Ottomans can beat anyone (barring France) in a straight fight - and they ferry troops

Deccan can attack in their own good time - when I get a weak military Khan perhaps.

I want to annex Haasa next - those poor provinces sprout small rebel stacks! I intend to settle at 0 on the centralisation scale - that's +2 RR - so I'll get there through diploannexing Haasa.

The Timurid COT has gone

The economy is still weak - troop numbers aren't rising much at all.
    anweRU - It's certainly a Golden Age for the Horde!

Vladislav - Now where the headshake smiley?

Enewald - I think it's just Jerusalem. I hope that Paradox put something in DW for Muslims holding Mecca and Medina - Prestige if nothing else.

Dewirix - Persia cored/acdepted does make life a lot easier - France I don't know if I can deal with. Ming I'm confident will fall - although whether I can hold provinces is another matter.

Vesimir - Persia was vassalised - they have Majarteen as well as Hormouz. The Golden Bunch sounds... lame - but lame was good enough for Timur! (Did you see what I did there - that's a genuine radio DJ stylee link!)

Johan11 - Dance Danish Geek Dance!

DOWing the Otto's will cost a point of stab but...

sprites - My naval forcelimit may be laughable (17 IIRC) but my fleet is worse - one galley

Ar7 - I haven't had a low military Khan in a long time - once the BB wars restart then we'll find out how strong the Horde is.

Boris ze Spider - Yes, I think, unless the answer's meant to be no

aldriq - It'll be war with the neighbours - possibly all of them if the Khan dies!

I grew up Up North - Tudor country so possibly the Golden Tudor or the Tudor Horde (which sounds like something BBC2 would do when they need a bit of 'Art' to help the viewing figures )

I expect that doesn't make any sense to non-Brits but basically Crisps used to have very strong regional identities.

tuore - Probably not

GaiusC - I'm three over the Centralisation limit and I intend to reduce this to over but I'll do it via a diploannexation. The Horde is probably about 5 or 6 - lets see how I'm doing after a BB war Khan.

Chief Ragusa - 2 over centralisation is the target.

blsteen - Yes

morningSIDEr - I haven't had a BB war Khan for a while so we'll have to see how I'm doing after a couple of decades of grief

Johan11 - Er No

Montague - Glad you like it - I'm probably not going to kill the Siberian natives cos I'm awkward like that

Malurous - Production at 100 is just on the edge - it drops to 98 soonish - but I push Prodution because I'm hitting the fast low teens and that's fast monthly income growth.

Franconian - Cheers!

Apparently I need to buy some more gravel.

My AARs: EU3 England, Golden Horde, France, Iroquois, Castile / EU2 Finland / My Inkwell

"Sunset Invasion isn't ASB - it's just Prawnstar playing CK2" Athalcor
    "If EU3 had exiled prawn-like aliens he'd be the first one to do a WC with them..." aldriq
    "You were prawn under a conquering stAAR!" Arakhor

200k clubHoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis

Blog Entries
    Hahaha just awesome
    Med Stolthet Lünchad i: Varulv XXIII. Varulv XXVI Werewolf LXV Varulv XXIVx2 Varulv XXVI Varulv XXV Werewolf CXXII Werewolf CXXVII Werewolf CXXVIII Werewolf CXXIX Werewolf LXVII Werewolf CXXXI Werwolf CXXXII Werewolf LXVIII

"But if PhilleP keeps being PhilleP, I will have him lynched." - EUROO7.
    Ägare av 216 soos-minnesmärken av andra graden!
    Owner of a Eärendil Seal of Approval.
    I Reward Medallions to those I believe have proven themself Worthy, Epic and Awesome Enough to Receive One.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 140 FirstFirst ... 26 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 76 101 126 ... LastLast