• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This looks like a good idea, but I hope it will come with good clear and precise explanations on how to get the achievements and what they do exactly.

For example i see "great army", is it only in number of men mobilized, number of divisions or brigades, if yes which types, do Navy and Wings count, etc.

All well and good.

What I would like is for Politics to have some effect, does it athe moment?
If my party have 50% Support and 80% Organisation does this mean anything?
Does this make my research faster, or supplies move more quickly, or organisation increase more quickly?
Simply having a large Army and a large Navy does not neccessarily mean that their is anything great about it
Achievements could perhaps be made dependant upon National Support, national unity.
You really should have to allocate Leadership to Propoganda
I have never noticed war exhaustion, let it go up, let it be countered by Propoganda
If it gets to high it should lower Production
Armies could perhaps have morale as well as str and org??

Government types should have +s an -s

Facism/Stalinism - Lower Dissent if Agg, Quicker recruitment time, Quicker org regain, higher MP growth, higher W.E w a
Demos - Quicker upgrade time, Quicker research time, Higher Dissent (if aggressor), Lower W.E when attacked

It is good idea I like it.

AI - I think tha the only way to make this AI a challenge, because it is same AI as EU and HOI, is to give it a lot of free units. Rather than movement and combat bonuses, I mean a lot a lot a lot of free units, militia for UK,USSR etc, which pop when you invade. Irregular armies are a feature and have been a feature of every European war, how else cover enough territory to encircle 100,000, what with a line of tanks in single file?

Achievements should be devided into groups and should be easier to watch.
I dont want a messed list of 100 achievements. What for?
Why germany needs a polish corridor achivement when it already took all europe?
Plz dont make it just for collecting. I bet managers want exactly this. Because achievements now are in every computer game. We also added achievements in our games (I'm from Russian IT Territory company).

Last edited:
Great Naval ARMY?

You recently move to China Johan? Think PLAN....:rofl:

Might wanna change that one....

Nice improvement.

I hope there's also special "Achievement" or option to "mobilize for total war" as Axis if certain negative criterias are met, like being at war with Comintern and Allies & then disaster happens on the front (eg. a la Stalingrad).

Interesting diary, hopefully this will add a bit more chrome that is seriously lacking in HOI3. Just let's not get too EU3, already too many concepts from that series seem to have diverted HOI3 away from WW2. And as others have mentioned, please fix the basic problems before burying them under new features. Overall looks very promising :)

Wait . . . . is that Sweden under German occupation, with a nuke plant and a rocket testing range built on it?

Semper Fi looks like it's going to be awesome. I'd love to say that I've held off from buying HOI3 because it wasn't up to scratch, but in reality I just don't think it's going to run on my computer - the demo (when it worked) - ran at a ridiculously slow pace. The end of Q2 2010 looks like a good time to buy a new one though . . . .

The whole "achievement" concept sounds like something out of a fantasy RTS. I'm NOT impressed with the idea.

Maybe think of them as "things that give you a particular strategic advantage that is not easily modeled otherwise" and/or "things that make your population/troops really stoked"

I like it!

This is essentially a blend of missions and triggered modifiers from EU3 in a slightly different package, I like the idea though especially if it can reward historical play and/or encourage the AI to play more historically.

Speechless. :eek: Where do you find the time?

"awesome", "excellent", "wowee".... sounds like another batch of paying beta testers.

Surely the old batch can't be taking the bait again?!?

If by bait you mean the same process they took with HOI2, then sure, I'll bite. :D

I am kind of skeptical about this system, because it seems extraneous and there are a lot of more basic things that could take precedence. But it also seems like a pretty simple system and it could be one of those things that is co-opted by modders in unexpected ways.

Thanks as always for keeping us informed. I really do enjoy these posts.

Keep in mind guys, this is just Developer Diary #1.

We haven't seen even a sliver of what was mentioned in the press release.

Good point. Not to mention the fact that the content in this diary was not mentioned in the press release and I think is fairly new in the scheme of the expansion. So there is a good chance we could see more stuff that wasn't in the press release as well.

Yes it may be the first of a whole series, with perhaps ten or more on the way.