• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see a contradiction between new HOI3 patches/DLCs/expansions/whatever and a completely new HOI game in the future. The devs must have their hands full with CK2, a new Vicky2 expansion and Sengoku, so I presume that we will have to wait a bit before an another HOI3 expansions arrive or HOI4 is revealed. However, since HOI3 most likely has been a financial success, I'm rather confident that we will get a new title eventually ;)

Let´s focus on getting HOI3 to work...?

Things i like to see in HOI 4 :
1. Bigger role for cash - buying tanks/planes etc.
2. New Buildings : university ( bigger leadership from province ), officers schools etc.
3. playable game from the start and not from tenth patch :)
4. Medals for brigades/divisions/generals would be i nice idea
5. Capturing enemy tanks/planes/ships after pocketing/capturing ports.
6. Ability to kill/retire ( for democracies ) generals and new ones emerging ( non historical - dependant on the officer slider .
7. New traits for generals - both negative and positive
8. More strategic effects especially for smaller countries .
9. Working diplomacy :p
10. No 3d map - 2d map with counters is just what every player needs .

Dansez +1, that would be my first ask for the naval game but there is a lot more in some of the threads on here that would make the game superb.

Never mind the graphics, what about the core principles of the game! Should it or should it not be a truer reflection of hsotical reality! For instance should submarine warfare be more accurately simulated. What about the ease with which it's possible to go against history, i.e. Win as Germany. If you're playing as the UK then you don't have to fear a German invasion, it won't happen. There's a lot of issues in hoi3 which in my opnion spoil it if you're actually interested in the history of WW2.

I'd like to see a truer simulation and a more sophisticated AI.

I would like to have ability to define action borders at army level. Currently it could be done only at theatre level.

I know that it is possible to have multiple theatres but then you would have to make an Theatre and army group HQs for each army.

I want to see major Air combat redo.
So that the outcome of dogfights really depended on speed and manoeuvrability first and the amount of cannons last.
And vice versa for INT vs bomber were punch and armor is more importaint than speed and manoeuvrability since fighter is more manoeveral than bomber anyway.

I want proper naval combat system, better supply sytem (which would allow player some control over logistics), split unit strenght into monpower and heavy weapons and I want money to be imnportant and usefull.

I want to see major Air combat redo.
So that the outcome of dogfights really depended on speed and manoeuvrability first and the amount of cannons last.
Yeah, speed and doctrines should be bigger factors. It would be cool if it was possible to split our air-wings in half , too (two units with STR capped at 50% would be created). The revised stacking penalty modifier is also needed, so that the first affected air-wing has lesser penalties than the last one. The current system is rather inflexible.

Unique units. I know, I know, its not going to happen. But I get tired of the same vanilla units with identical stats and capabilities for every country. Just because two or more countries have the same tech level, does not mean they built military hardware that was equal in every way to the other countries... it just did not work like that.

Unique units. I know, I know, its not going to happen. But I get tired of the same vanilla units with identical stats and capabilities for every country. Just because two or more countries have the same tech level, does not mean they built military hardware that was equal in every way to the other countries... it just did not work like that.
Unique units would get boring quickly, too. I think that tech differences should be more pronounced and that various tech paths should be available. Currently the majors end up with the same levels in important land techs.

I never understood why is it so hard to make 64bit an executable. If you have the source code, isn't it supposed to be easy?
And as of now, 32bit is slowly dying. But i agree that Vista and Seven is kinda bad for gaming, i use XP x64, and it seems a waste to not use it well.
Is gaming industry simply ignoring 64bit because they are lazy, hate Vista and Seven and are oblivious do XP x64 or because there is some extra work i'm unaware of?
Or the 64bit version would not really be that much better?

I never understood why is it so hard to make 64bit an executable. If you have the source code, isn't it supposed to be easy?
And as of now, 32bit is slowly dying. But i agree that Vista and Seven is kinda bad for gaming, i use XP x64, and it seems a waste to not use it well.
Is gaming industry simply ignoring 64bit because they are lazy, hate Vista and Seven and are oblivious do XP x64 or because there is some extra work i'm unaware of?
Or the 64bit version would not really be that much better?

it wouldn't be better. the biggest advantage would be the ability to use more RAM but the game does not even need all 32bits can support.

1. Victoria + Hearts of Iron = great game!
2. Map: covering the whole earth, with no provinces (cities, borders could be as points with coordinates), with road, railway, with more extensive terrain...
3. Units: consisting of people of a particular nationality ,more complex, forming a own garrisons, having concrete numbers of guns, rifles, ammunition, food and other, with more complex structure including the battalions and companies of various types of weapons...
4. Industry: factories producing specific types of goods: tanks factory, ammunition factory, small arms factory and other, food processing industry...
5. Combat: all units should have their own areas of action, should be additional orders like: storming city, besiege the city, ready to defend and others...

I will prepare a few simple "screens" for my ideas.

Besides, what we want? Just look at the reality and copy it to the game.

This is my first post, but I play a lot of different PI games (started with HOI2). Here are a few features I would like to see:

- Ability to define Areas of Responsibility (AOR) from Corps on up (similar to defining theatres), but be able to declare corp/army/army group boundaries.
- Ability to combine overlays.
- A "commanders tent" where you can be briefed by your S1, S2, S3, and S4, at the different levels. This would allow you to get a better glimpse as to what your AI see's as going on in its area, or what it thinks about its objectives.

So far though, I love HOI3 and the expansions are well worth the money. Keep up the great work.

We don't need hexes!

zzzzzz_hapsqsr.PNG

All line should be to any modifications:
aaaaaaaaa_hapsqsh.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.