• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned the lack of decent mods a few pages back.
This is the symptom of the biggest issue HoI3 has:

Lack of usable ("softcoded") modifiers.

I mean, look at the current air- and naval ministers you can use. Even HoI2 vanilla did model them better than HoI3 FTM.
Compared to EU3, you have just a handful of the most basic things you can use for scripting and modding.

That's why you have so few mods out there.
Because all you can do is alter the current game a bit and that's it.
There are not enough modifier to add any really significant changes. Too much stuff is hardcoded, to many things we had in EU3 and HoI2 are hardcoded.
I mean, we have a few really good mods. But even those mostly add units, tweak techs and change a bit here and there.

Apart from the modding problem, there are ofc several things that need to be revisited: Air combat, naval combat, logistics, AI.

It does. What little multi-threading HOI3 has will work on any dual (or more) core CPU. And it doesn't need to be an Intel, either. My Phenom II x4 uses two threads for hoi3.

Not sure what they were thinking back in 2010..

main development was 2008-2009 and I was on a Pentium 4 (hyper threading.. .yay... :/). multicore stuff wasnt common back then. I am pretty happy with how much multicore performance we have managed to get out of HoI3 in the expansions despite not being designed for it from the start.

they will make it

after the EU4 fiasco they have to if they want to survive

I want some of the drugs you are obviously gobbling down like christmas candy. But seriously, Eu4 has done well and is really fun so I have no idea what you mean.

Is this even worth discussing? So far they haven't even said they will make another HoI (as much as I'd love one).

Well, people from the dev teams read visible threads like this one.

Since podcat is here, I'd actually just ask, "Did you guys meet profitability goals on EU4?"

Well, I'm not in sales so i don't know what exact goals were set up etc and can't quote numbers, but it had a good reception and we are hiring more people so you can extrapolate from that :)

Yes but EU4 uses the latest version which has tons of enhancements :)

yeah, roughly like this:
V2/Hoi3(tfh) is version 1.5
CK2 - Clausewitz 2
EU4 - Clausewitz 3

These are separate code bases

Wow, so Podcat, your team does actually read this thread!

Of course we do. I read all threads like this, but I dont like posting in them. Better let people run around with unlimited imagination to let interesting things pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.