• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, I am aware of that. As of now, only nations west of Sweden/Germany/Italy have their known provinces defined. It is a very boring thing to do but setting them for East European nations will be one of my priority for 0.43, along with writing descriptions for the many events lacking them.

Right. Well, I guess I'll just have to play-test some Scandinavian/British countries. Although I COULD use columbus and exchange maps with every country just to see what happends...

I'll wait until you get to Eastern Europe with my questions/suggestions about culture/religion in one or two areas.

I am still amazed that I had only two bug reports, one of them by PM, when 0.42 has been downloaded 114 times but anyway, just wanted to let you know that work for 0.43 is still going on. I intend to release it some time next week. It will essentially deal with "bugfixes": known provinces and events descriptions.

I am also working on my second scenario (five are planned in the end). It is still in very early alpha stage but here is what I have done so far, the year is 962:

962j.jpg

interesting map. although at a quick glance calabria should be the toe and not the heel of italy.

If you need any help , let me know

I am still amazed that I had only two bug reports, one of them by PM, when 0.42 has been downloaded 114 times but anyway, just wanted to let you know that work for 0.43 is still going on. I intend to release it some time next week. It will essentially deal with "bugfixes": known provinces and events descriptions.

You want Bugs?

Short Resume: Since i love clicking everything i see, i clicked Sebastea and BAM, error. And if i click "Ignore", i am not able to see any building in these provinces with a diferent city set.

EDITED: There is no strait in the Bosphorus, is this WAD?

Last edited:
interesting map. although at a quick glance calabria should be the toe and not the heel of italy.

If you need any help , let me know
The map is cool-toxic's. I complained about Calabria being here in the original thread in the EU2 forum, cool-toxic argued that Calabria was the older name of the heel. I could try to find his post if you're interested.

Any help is welcome as long as it's not based on Wikipedia. ;)

You want Bugs?

Short Resume: Since i love clicking everything i see, i clicked Sebastea and BAM, error. And if i click "Ignore", i am not able to see any building in these provinces with a diferent city set.
Thanks, that is exactly the kind of things I was waiting for. I believe this is because provinces in this area are none-cultured. This is due to the fact that I am not using the same cultural setup as cool-toxic. I will try to work on this, at least for Europe and Near-East for now.

EDITED: There is no strait in the Bosphorus, is this WAD?
Obviously not, I began working on the straits and then started on something else and forgot about them.

Now because of you, 0.43 will probably be delayed by a week at least. :p

Last edited:
The map is cool-toxic's. I complained about Calabria being here in the original thread in the EU2 forum, cool-toxic argued that Calabria was the older name of the heel. I could try to find his post if you're interested.

Any help is welcome as long as it's not based on Wikipedia. ;)

I hope he did not confuse Calabria with Capitanata :)

Also just to note When Charlemagne was around He bestowed to Venice the title of Duchy, hence it was called Dogado. But after it expanded into terrafirma it was the Venetian Republic

Henry the Fowler (and I think Ottos I and II) had his court at Quedlinburg, which would probably be in the "Thuringia" province. Should be Saxony's capital.

The shield/flag you have for Saxony is based on the coat of arms of the House of Ascania, who didn't become Dukes of Saxony until 1180. Saxony's traditional symbol was a white horse on red.

I must say, your graphics look totally amazing.

One bug I had when trying to launch DoK under newest revision: the game failed to start because of trying to open the events file for Angoulême; apparently the problem was in the 'ê' - when I renamed the file and its corresponding entry in events.txt, everything was alright.

When I finally get down to actually trying the mod out, I will report on it :).

Henry the Fowler (and I think Ottos I and II) had his court at Quedlinburg, which would probably be in the "Thuringia" province. Should be Saxony's capital..
Just read some texts about it and it sounds like it became an important city under Heinrich and his successors but my scenario starts in 888 and Saxony is then ruled by Heinrich's father, Otto, so I'd like to hear or read more before I take any decision.
The shield/flag you have for Saxony is based on the coat of arms of the House of Ascania, who didn't become Dukes of Saxony until 1180. Saxony's traditional symbol was a white horse on red.
Yes, most CoA's are anachronistic anyway and making some new ones to replace some I already made is not a high priority. I'd still like to hear more about this white horse.
Thanks, I spent plenty of time on them and I'm glad someone remarks them at last. :cool:

One bug I had when trying to launch DoK under newest revision: the game failed to start because of trying to open the events file for Angoulême; apparently the problem was in the 'ê' - when I renamed the file and its corresponding entry in events.txt, everything was alright.
Thanks, that is the bug reported to me by PM that I mentioned above in the thread:
luk3Z said:
Hi.
Game crashes on Events_Angouleme_ALE.txt due to non-english letter. Anyway this modification above helps (also in events.txt).
Thank you for attention and great mod.
It works fine with my French version of Windows but I should have thought that foreign versions would not recognize the special character.
When I finally get down to actually trying the mod out, I will report on it :).
I'll take your word on this and will be waiting to hear from you then. :)

Last edited:
About the new shield shapes - they're brilliant! That's the first thought that came to my mind when I opened the game, but somehow it slipped my mind to write about it in the post ;). I like your colourscale as well. All these things, combined with AU map make DoK really a wonder to look at.

euio, I was being serious about Quedlinburg and the white horse. I've been here for quite some time now and have engaged myself in numerous historical discussions in the AGCEEP and the CK mod subforums where I met many people asserting things for which they didn't have a more reliable source than a quick read of a Wikipedia article so, I'd really like to hear more from you.

Emperor_krk, thanks. There should be ten new graphical sets in 0.43 which is now due before the end of the week.

Henry the Fowler (and I think Ottos I and II) had his court at Quedlinburg, which would probably be in the "Thuringia" province. Should be Saxony's capital.

IIRC , coat of arms was not stable to represent a dynasty until around 1250, before then, each king had his COA as the state symbol,
so for the ottonian dynasty, they could have had a white horse , but I a1so know they had a black panther. It all depends of the rulers COA at the time.

Otto II or Otto III , I cannot remember had the black panther ( which ever one was in northern Italy )

I probably don't know any more about Quedlinburg than you do at this point. As for the white horse, it was the symbol of the Duchy of Brunswick Luneburg, the successor to the original stem duchy of Saxony. The white horse on red is also the symbol of Kent, brought there by Hengist & Horsa (Saxons). For sources, I can give you the Atlas Maior by Jean Bleau, a world atlas from 1667 filled with heradry and bits of information about it - you know how those old maps are. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the right pages online.

I can't remember where I originally picked up the information, though.

Last edited:
I probably don't know any more about Quedlinburg than you do at this point. As for the white horse, it was the symbol of the Duchy of Brunswick Luneburg, the successor to the original stem duchy of Saxony. The white horse on red is also the symbol of Kent, brought there by Hengist & Horsa (Saxons). For sources, I can give you the Atlas Maior by Jean Bleau, a world atlas from 1667 filled with heradry and bits of information about it - you know how those old maps are. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the right pages online.

I can't remember where I originally picked up the information, though.

this is true, white horse was for brunswick, in AGCEEP we use it for Hannover

http://www.ngw.nl/int/dld/niedersa.htm