• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A good example is the Battle of Suomussalmi where Finns only lost 350-900 men and the Soviets lost approximately 30 000 men.

Sorry, but you're a sad victim of wartime propaganda. I don't think that 163rd and 44th division even had 30 000 men combined. Majority of both of these divisions managed to withdraw (althoug they lost all their (heavy) equipment and they suffered heavy losses) from the pockets of Suomussalmi and Raate. I don't think that the number of Soviet losses reaches even 10 000 but it is close to that.

Anyway let's focus on the AAR. :rolleyes: You should push the Russians all the way to the Urals and sing the song 'Uraliin' (to the Urals) :D Or then after Moscow you should advance to Stalingrad and Baku and cut Russia in to half :)

Have you thought of marching all the down to the Black Sea, encircling the whole soviet western front? :p

Or what if peace would be better now for Finland?

it would be fun wouldnt it :D

uhh moskov in sight ... next step the black sea and a little vacation? it sure could be fun to try and see if it was possible to cut off the entire frontline :p

Sorry, but you're a sad victim of wartime propaganda. I don't think that 163rd and 44th division even had 30 000 men combined. Majority of both of these divisions managed to withdraw (althoug they lost all their (heavy) equipment and they suffered heavy losses) from the pockets of Suomussalmi and Raate. I don't think that the number of Soviet losses reaches even 10 000 but it is close to that.

Anyway let's focus on the AAR. :rolleyes: You should push the Russians all the way to the Urals and sing the song 'Uraliin' (to the Urals) :D Or then after Moscow you should advance to Stalingrad and Baku and cut Russia in to half :)

Never underestimate the deeds of thy ancestors. I believe you might have succumbed to soviet propaganda in this matter dear fellow countrymen.

But I approve the song Uraliin. Ja taakse sen.

And to finyous comment, it would be quite strange if soviets wouldn't have moved at least half of their force against us Finns.
Although they probably enjoy fighting the bulgarians more than fighting against us.

Never underestimate the deeds of thy ancestors. I believe you might have succumbed to soviet propaganda in this matter dear fellow countrymen.

But I approve the song Uraliin. Ja taakse sen.

And to finyous comment, it would be quite strange if soviets wouldn't have moved at least half of their force against us Finns.
Although they probably enjoy fighting the bulgarians more than fighting against us.

No. My source is Mika Kulju's Raatteen tie and Ari Raunio's adn Juri Kilin's Talvisodan taisteluja. I did say they suffered heavy losses (44th division lost about 5000 men) but really about 9000 withdrew from the Raate pocket. If I would believe Soviet propaganda then I would say that at Suomussalmi only 400 Russian were killed and the Finns lost thousands of men and the butchers of Suojeluskunta murdered all the wounded :)

You didn't overlook my question did you:( So can you see the enemies' supply lines, and when you cut a line, how long does it take for a new one to reach the front?

I didn't overlook it but I have no asnwer to it. I would have to check this out for several weeks. I at least know it takes a good deal of time for a unit which doesn't use a lot of supplies to get out of supply completely once he is cut off.

Can a capitalfull of recently shattered units manage to stop the Finnish Behemoth? :p

All jokes put aside, it's a good occasion to see what the AI does with the shattered units it recovers, and whether it is capable at all of employing them effectively against a weak spearhead.

It actually tries to make sure I don't cut off the communications between Moscow and the Eastern-Front. Those units were quite weak btw. All combined they were about the same strength as my spearhead when I arrived. Bad thing though is they did gain strength every day.

uhh moskov in sight ... next step the black sea and a little vacation? it sure could be fun to try and see if it was possible to cut off the entire frontline :p
Have you thought of marching all the down to the Black Sea, encircling the whole soviet western front? :p

Yes, I thought of it and actually did march all the way down south with a corps. They didn't really enjoy it though.

not to spoil the fun here or to diminsh the reputation of our finnish neighbours, but isnt it completly unrealistic that finnland at this time could march on moscow?

I mean come on, its a loong way from home, and if the areas which the germans occupied are anything to judge by, the way from finnland to moscow would full of partisans, and does the finnish army have enough manpower to supress this? i think not, but imay be wrong.

I also have to say im a little dissapointed with the soviet ai, that he prioritises an attack on romania instead of the recapture of an heart region like leningrad, and that he doesent sends more troops to defend and turn back the finns from moscow.

other then that, a great aar which i enjoy reading:)

RAWR...

I finally tried to preorder and my mother Denied access (In a very annoying way) to me because she's afraid of the interwebz...

goddamnit.

I won't give up!

I'll have those sprites!

Cheers;
Nick

PS: Wish me luck

PPS: How about you sorround moscow and cut off the whole russian front of supplies?

Last edited:
not to spoil the fun here or to diminsh the reputation of our finnish neighbours, but isnt it completly unrealistic that finnland at this time could march on moscow?

I mean come on, its a loong way from home, and if the areas which the germans occupied are anything to judge by, the way from finnland to moscow would full of partisans, and does the finnish army have enough manpower to supress this? i think not, but imay be wrong.

I also have to say im a little dissapointed with the soviet ai, that he prioritises an attack on romania instead of the recapture of an heart region like leningrad, and that he doesent sends more troops to defend and turn back the finns from moscow.

other then that, a great aar which i enjoy reading:)

1) three months old BETA
2) Occupying policies?

Hey Singleton Mosby,

why u dont encircle Moskow ??
and cut all units outside your encircleent from supply ??

so the germans would win fast soon...and the leningrad front would also fall down fast.

Isnt supply always from capital still ?

35b749k.jpg

What do all those "Selects" do? err, well, I figure it selects the division. But why have a big list of them?

I don't think so but I can't assure you unfortunately.

They said that would not longer be the case although I don't completely understand the new system (from the lack of details I read about). IIRC it has something to do with each province producing it's own supplies. If the units in the province draw more supplies than it provides then it needs a supply line. How and where those are stationed I do not know but if Moscow is encircled they will slowly starve while the rest of the country continues on the nationwide supply grid