• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you have to choose one after the other at "economic laws" or can you skip or freely choose one of these laws?

Seems there's only one possible which is listed below.
Or are there more than one active (some of them contrary to the other...?)

I think that you are free to choose the laws you want, but you have to meet the requirements. Also, what do mean that only one is possible? The law with different colour is the currently selected.

I think that you are free to choose the laws you want, but you have to meet the requirements. Also, what do mean that only one is possible? The law with different colour is the currently selected.

For example some are for mobilization, some for IC increase. So you can't go for full mobilisation and for more IC. Or the other way round, if you want to increase the IC output, your increased mobilization stops.....

The tooltip is a bit indelicate. 'is not' would be far better than 'is not equal to', and it's about time they came up with a way to collapse a list into something that reads a bit more naturally.

Not to worry, it's not hard to understand - at least for a decision with relatively simple prerequisites.

O o, AI encirclement going on in your center front :)

I think I see what the problem here is, you simply have FAR too many units, USSR with 700+ infantry divisions in 1941? (unless those are brigades?)

If so, it's simple and everything needs to be cut by 50-70%

"No data for this pie" :)

I think the other attack option Paradox is implementing is a much more aggresive "blitzkrieg", probably a sort of "advance to all costs", which would be the mode for the German AI here against a much reduced in size USSR army.

Even so, for a human playing the AI, even in an unfinished and unprepared BETA, the AI seems not to fare too bad so far. Probably also a bit too many doctrines for the USSR army in 1941.

1.145 brigades.

Let's say there're an average of 3 brigades per division, that makes nearly 400 divisions for the soviets in 1941.........don't know if that's too far from reality

1.145 brigades.

Let's say there're an average of 3 brigades per division, that makes nearly 400 divisions for the soviets in 1941.........don't know if that's too far from reality

But the Soviets had "divisions" which sometimes stretched the definition of that term to the limits of reason. Many were understaffed, etc., and I have always taken issue with how easy it was in HoI1 & 2 to bring these divisions to full strength in like 3 months in 1936.

1.145 brigades.

Sounds plausible to my ears.

400 * 9000 men = 3 600 000 men (and the fact that there is support brigades too)

Sounds plausible to my ears.

400 * 9000 men = 3 600 000 men (and the fact that there is support brigades too)

Just google'd:
Russian datas:
USSR in 1941 had 190 divisions with nearly 3.6 Mio men and 16.000 tanks
Western datas:
USSR in 1941 had 190 (?) divisions with nearly 2.8 Mio men and 11.000 tanks

Yeah, I know.
But 1145 brigards in total... I can only imagine all the epic battles on the easter front we are gonna play next month.

Yeah, it's still a huuuuuuge army. :)
It'll be interesting to see if PI will tweak it down a bit til the final release, now that we have got a benchmark for comparison.

So Paradox had done it's homework, huh?

Seems to be good (although there's some influence of the player)

New datas from june 22th 1941:

USSR had short after beginning of barbarossa estimated 310 divisions with 5.7 Mio men

...yeah I'm looking forward the play.....