• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't forget effects of training laws (Soviets' faster than normal, compared to Germans' slower than normal) and doctrines.

;) Yepp forgot about that. This strengthens the reason NOT to give the USSR more base IC, but to make them better at producing masses of infantry divisions with the use of practical experience AND training laws. Perhaps there are even more factors that will increase soviet military production speed.

;) Yepp forgot about that. This strengthens the reason NOT to give the USSR more base IC, but to make them better at producing masses of infantry divisions with the use of practical experience AND training laws. Perhaps there are even more factors that will increase soviet military production speed.

I'm afraid that will all be not enough, but we can only guess, can't we.

I'm not saying the USSR should have a larger IC base, but it needs help against a human Germany. Hugely decreased build costs, build time, etc etc.
But probably lose some orginization and strength.

I'd hoped by now somebody from Paradox would have jumped in and said..ALL those problems have been fixed... :rolleyes:

I'd hoped by now somebody from Paradox would have jumped in and said..ALL those problems have been fixed... :rolleyes:

Would be nice indeed....King, Johan, where are you? :cool:

In fact Soviet attacked Finland first in June 1941, Finland deleclared neutrality some days before Barbarossa began, and that was recognised by soviets. Nevertheless Soviet attacked Finland, without declaration of war just some days after German agression began. So Finland just had to DoW in return. Finland doesn't have to be at war with soveits at all, if they won't attack.

In fact Soviet attacked Finland first in June 1941, Finland deleclared neutrality some days before Barbarossa began, and that was recognised by soviets. Nevertheless Soviet attacked Finland, without declaration of war just some days after German agression began. So Finland just had to DoW in return. Finland doesn't have to be at war with soveits at all, if they won't attack.

Nope. Finns had planned to attack Soviet Union to get Karelia back. The plan was made with Germans and it was something like this: First the German AOK Norwegen would start the attack in the north on 29th of June and the Finnish mainforce would join the attack 2-3 days later. This way it would seem that the Finns where dragged to the war.

But the Soviets bombed several places on 25th of June because there were German troops in Finland. Then Finland declared war. Finland needed a reason for the war and the Soviest provided one..

A secret Soviet super-super-super-heavy battleship embarks from Leningrad? :cool:

That thing is HUGE! Just look at it compared to the trees in the provice above :D

I salivate at the encirclement opportunities a map of this scale provides.

Thanks for all your hard work at the AAR! Now - work harder and update more as we are forced to live vicariously through you!

Great stuff this far Singleton Mosby! An AAR seems to be a very good way of unveiling the game and exposing the details. Keep on the fluent and easy to read language.

:)

Excellent work on the AAR Singleton. Now throw back those fascist pigdogs and drive them into the Atlantic.
Marx wills it.

How about an option to have a next button on the last page of a gallery, but with a specific URL? Or maybe to simply put the home button in place of the next button on a gallerys last page?

Point is -- if I have a number of galleries up, and someones madly clicking next to get through one, when they finish Id like them to go back to my main index page without having to think about it.
Que? you sure you're in the right thread?

Further to the north the fighting is hard. Almost every battle is lost and my losses are always 1.5 to twice as high as those of the Germans. Even though my forces outnumber theirs most of the time. I am doing better then the Soviets did IRL however, holding back the onrushing German panzers for more then ten days and having only lost 30-50 km’s of ground.
Hmm... In real life eastern front fighting the Soviet losses where some 4-6 times higher then the German every year from 41 to 44. Your game is human vs AI which ought to give you an advantage of course. But then again: what's your thoughts about game balancing this far?

Hmm... In real life eastern front fighting the Soviet losses where some 4-6 times higher then the German every year from 41 to 44. Your game is human vs AI which ought to give you an advantage of course. But then again: what's your thoughts about game balancing this far?

Well, uhm, try totally UNbalanced so far :D

the game isnt gonna be an exact representation of what happened in ww2.
its just a game. The dates, casualties, doesnt have to be 100% spot on for the game to be enjoyable.
If people want an exact copy of what happened during ww2 then either build a time machine or read a book.
letting germany wipe out your division to fulfill some fantasy of ww2 unfolding right before your eyes is quite silly. :rofl:

letting germany wipe out your division to fulfill some fantasy of ww2 unfolding right before your eyes is quite silly. :rofl:

I think the idea was to see if it the historical results could be recreated with the engine which therefore makes things more plausible.

As it was, if you did the same thing in HoI2, the Soviets loose Moscow in 1941.