• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
NO you would need to detach the ground units from the theatre

But would that work satisfactory, having only air units in a theatre? The AI won't know what foolish things I'm planning after all. I guess letting the AI take care of defence after finished invasion would be easier for it. I absolutely suck at air force handling though, so I hope I can let the AI take care of it competently.:D

Having these under the control of a single AI entity meant it would seek to coordinate all the units types. Thus when fleets go to sea the theatre AI includes these areas of operation when thinking about where fighters should be looking to intercept enemy air units. NAVs sit on standby to support naval combats and also seek to bomb enemy units in ports and at sea.

If this works as advertised it is going to make for a great gameplay experience. Not only when it comes to controlling ones own forces, but more importantly when it come to the behaviour of the AI. No more AI dumping units on beaches just because it can. This will be so much more interesting.

I'm curious about one thing however. Say I have a naval task force assigned to the UK theatre, but under manual control, and I start moving it around the North Sea. Will fighter units, assigned to the same theatre and under AI control, protect the navy units or must the ships be under AI control as well?

thanks.

At last, strategy gaming has a God, and they called him Johan.
Absolutely awesome news.
One little question will this also mean allies will carryout combined operations? Will the AI be able to create a multi nation theatre?

Last edited:
But would that work satisfactory, having only air units in a theatre? The AI won't know what foolish things I'm planning after all. I guess letting the AI take care of defence after finished invasion would be easier for it. I absolutely suck at air force handling though, so I hope I can let the AI take care of it competently.:D

No idea to be honest. At the moment we are focussing on getting combined arms cooperation better.

The best improvement in Hoi3 over Hoi2 - forget 15 000 provinces, customizable divisions, decisions, advanced politics and intelligence without micro-management hell - forget it all, for the AI is the best improvement :)

As I understand it, the theatre is country-specific. Does an alliance of AI countries decide that all other countries will be subordinate to a given leader (Britain, US), and will then provide expeditionary forces?

If two allied countries find themselves each with a beachead, are they capable of figuring out how to cooperate? Or does each country's theatre AI only take their own forces into consideration?

This is my question as well because the allies will be a lot worse at defeating Germany if they aren't capable of cooperating.

Looks great though.

any Informations how invasions work?

It was too annoying in HOI2, when you can just ship around with troops to see the best landing province and then unload some troops here and there, just to decide the destination while at enemy shores.

As I understand it, the theatre is country-specific. Does an alliance of AI countries decide that all other countries will be subordinate to a given leader (Britain, US), and will then provide expeditionary forces?

If two allied countries find themselves each with a beachead, are they capable of figuring out how to cooperate? Or does each country's theatre AI only take their own forces into consideration?

This is my question too:)

For the AI theatre, the naval forces will be consider as brigades, as air units integrated in a AI command structure ?

Youhoo ! *Mr. Simpson*

:D

¡Ay, caramba! *Bartholomew JoJo "Bart" Simpson*

Now seriously, that new AI concept is one of the best ideas.
Now the games with the US will not just be possible, but also and great fun.