• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does that mean, that I can choose only one occupation policy for the whole of the Soviet Union? It would have been kinda nice to be able to treat the Baltics nicely and the Ukraine harshly, for example.

I see an "Expert" under POLITICS....

We can chose deep in every aspect (Politics, Diplomacy, Production, Etc) or a "Global" One?

If we chose "Basic" AI take control of that Aspect?

Thanks

Yeah, that's what I asked too... :rolleyes:

Can you still straight out annex? If so, what effect will this have on partisans?

Lets say the USSR takes over Finland during the Winter War then you annex them after a successful campaign. Do they still put a fight up with no GiE? Or what?

Just wondering what is classed as a puppet? I notice that you can have a collaboration government, plus total exploitation. Are the other two stages in between these two with puppet being something more in line with hoi2?

I am a little confused by this, in Hoi2 the standard puppets were Siam, Menguko, Manchuko(I bet I am spelling these wrong), Nat china, Croatia and Slovakia. Are some of these now classed as Collaboration governments? and if not what do puppets do? I guess it's too many questions at once.

Just wondering what is classed as a puppet? I notice that you can have a collaboration government, plus total exploitation. Are the other two stages in between these two with puppet being something more in line with hoi2?

I am a little confused by this, in Hoi2 the standard puppets were Siam, Menguko, Manchuko(I bet I am spelling these wrong), Nat china, Croatia and Slovakia. Are some of these now classed as Collaboration governments? and if not what do puppets do? I guess it's too many questions at once.

Puppets are puppets and occupation is occupation.

Wang Jingwei's Nanjing government was a collaborationist government all the way, Siam was a fairly independent country pre-war and managed to retain a degree of independence during the war, the rest will almost certainly be puppet states - in fact i think we've already seen them as independent states in the Devdiaries

f.e.: if I invaded the soviet union, i would chose a nice occupation policy, to make the people like me.. but if I reach the caucasus, I would need its oil. is it possible to spilt areas out of the soviet union with different occupation-policy?

f.e.: if I invaded the soviet union, i would chose a nice occupation policy, to make the people like me.. if I reache the caucasus, I would need its oil. is it possible to spilt areas out of the soviet union with different occupation-policy?

no

f.e.: if I invaded the soviet union, i would chose a nice occupation policy, to make the people like me.. but if I reach the caucasus, I would need its oil. is it possible to spilt areas out of the soviet union with different occupation-policy?

Would be great to do it based on revolter states such as Ukraine, Georgia or Estonia even if not for customised areas.

I hope that the partisan thing cannot be easily manipulated.
Like:
"Oops, I'm getting increase in partisan-thingy"
*Adjusts some slider for two weeks*
*Adjusts the slider back*
*Rinse and repeat*

I hope that the partisan thing cannot be easily manipulated.
Like:
"Oops, I'm getting increase in partisan-thingy"
*Adjusts some slider for two weeks*
*Adjusts the slider back*
*Rinse and repeat*

hope this answers your questions, from teh this the folowing thread http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404448

The third addition is how partisans work. Instead of being an instant value, it has a base value that it gradually moves towards. So instead of being a set number it is a gradual process. This is far more realistic, instead of instant partisans the minute you occupy territory it takes time for resistance movements to organise themselves. It also means that if you decide to be nice to the people the won’t simply pack their bags and go home, the partisans will keep fighting on at the same rate for a while, until the reduction in local support reduces their operational efficiency.

Can occupation policies be set by script commands ?

i.e. set_occupation_policy = x for_country = TAG ?