• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What do you mean by "why am I still a king"? In any case my ruler is, in fact, a "King". Not Emperor or Tsar or whatever else. I'm a Absolute Monarchy - I don't recall ever taking the Imperial Administration decision so it makes sense that I was never an empire. I'm not sure what government types actually let you call yourself Tsar if you are Russia.

By the way comagoosie, the link to the Biggest Dynasty image you put up for me links to the old one showing Prussia and 21 different monarchs. The new one with 24 should have the screenshot with Duke Josceline of Northumberland instead. Thanks very much.

Sadly I think that's as high a record as I can get for now. Stupid Castille went on an annexing spree and knocked out Navarre so I now need to create 2 new rulers of my dynasty to improve on my record - I broke my alliance and beat the snot out of them for their audacity.

I'm having fun in CK2 doing the same thing - turning as much of Europe as I can into the O'Donnell (?) dynasty without actually conquering them.

About the "native" record.. what about having two of them? One for "most agressive natives" and second one for "most ferocious natives" ? I've had several events that can higher the feriocity.

By the way comagoosie, the link to the Biggest Dynasty image you put up for me links to the old one showing Prussia and 21 different monarchs. The new one with 24 should have the screenshot with Duke Josceline of Northumberland instead. Thanks very much.
Corrected! :wub:

Updated:
Fastest Hindustan Unification: March 19, 1403. surya

Pompon said:
About the "native" record.. what about having two of them? One for "most agressive natives" and second one for "most ferocious natives" ? I've had several events that can higher the feriocity.
I will have to wait for other opinions on this matter (if we want another discussion) as the conclusion was reached for one native record.

Update!
Biggest Dynasty: The Rurikovichs

rurikov4.png

Now there are 26 little Rurikovichs in total! Let's count them all again, just to make sure.

Player is Russia. DW5.1, Checksum BJLT, Normal difficulty, Lucky nations off

The Godfather (including PUs) : 1
Russia
France
Genoa
Bar

Allies : 1
Prussia

Vassals : 19
Norway
Crete
Northumberland
Aachen
Augsburg
Austria
Oldenburg
Saxony
Styria
Thuringia
Tirol
Ulm
Wurzburg
Parma
Pisa
Luxembourg
Utrecht
Ceylon
Württemburg

Innocent Bystanders : 5
Sweden
Gotland
Aragon
Brabant
Hainaut

It's going to be an uphill task to beat this. As the game reaches the end of the timeline, the "Scheming Bureaucracy" event will fire which can convert monarchies into republics. In addition, I've lost a couple of followers here and there due to annexations by the AI, or other weird events like "Marriage Policies Pay Off" which mess with your heir, and had to rely on a little luck to get them back.

The Rurikovichs are the most ridiculously prestigious family at the start of CKII, with almost three times the score of their next competitors (the Doukas and Piasts). I can only hope that I've been able to re-enact that legacy.

Now you're gonna have to make me go pull out my Maldives game where it's up to 40ish.

Edit:

here we go:

EU3_68.jpg

Gotta love that 0.3% missionary chance.

Last edited:
I think i could done it faster... but must check one thing...

Good thing i noted :

When religious rebels force convert you, your relations with everyone in the religion increases, and it decreases with everyone who got wrong religion.

So plan should be :
Dow montenegro day 1
Take 1 slider move to narrowminded
Preserve diplomats.
When montenegro agree to your peace terms, which MUST be that you convert to orthodox, then you need to make IE 100% by making countries orthodox and any other means(best to make like 10 countries orthodox, so you can gain 100 IE by reverting them back to catholicism). Send missionaries to as much of your provinces as possible. Do not vassalize anyone, don't take provinces. You may however demand countries to release countries in empire. Use religious rebels to convert back to catholicism - this way you got 100% chance that reform will be passed, as you will gain +200 relations with catholics.
2 first reforms can be passed with ease. Then you just demand countries which turned orthodox to revert back, except the last country - this country you just dow and become narrowminded. You should gain 100 IE. As all HRE countries should have very good relations with you you pass next 2 reforms. Rinse repeat until you have passed last reform...

Last edited:
Okay, this is the absolute last update from me for this record.

Biggest Dynasty: The Rurikovichs

rurikov5_zps6afb2eb0.png

That's 27 Rurikovichs. For old time's sake, let's count them all again.

The Godmother : 1
Russia
France
Bar
(integrated Genoa to discourage France from getting inherited =)

Allies : 1
Prussia

Vassals : 20
Norway
Crete
Munster
Aachen
Augsburg
Austria
Oldenburg
Saxony
Styria
Thuringia
Tirol
Ulm
Wurzburg
Württemburg
Parma
Pisa
Hainaut
Luxembourg
Utrecht
Ceylon

Innocent Bystanders : 5
Sweden
Aragon
Navarra
Brabant
England

I could theoretically increase the record further by going back to this save, and releasing as many Russian-culture nations as I can while save-reloading to force them to all be Rurikovichs, but that's a little too outrageous for my taste.

But anyway that's it from me. I can't beat this record because I've now lost far too many of my former adherents to events so I'll just leave it at that.

V nice