• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looking good around the Mediterreanean. Those patches of Syria are getting quite a bit more sizable. For which NI to go for I'd probably choose between Engineer Corps or the one that increases force limits. However the latter of course only if you are actually near your limit. Are you short of missionaries at all? That can be a handy idea sometimes.

I believe Military Drill is a good idea. It helps me alot.

You should get the NI that gives you free ice cream. Everyone likes ice cream.

If the game continues getting so easy for you, would you end the AAR early? I ask because I know how boring it can get once you can do whatever you like when there’s so much time left. Or will you seek to occupy and own all of Europe

Since I already have two naval NIs I should probably go for something different this time, maybe land-based given that money is no longer a problem. Suggestions?

You don't seem to be having any difficulty in handling European armies so going for a land-based NI isn't as important as one would think. Any tolerance problems with your increasing diverse empire? Planing on converting those Spanish provinces? I'm lazy about improving my prestige so I like any NI that helps in doing that. Good to see you doing so well.

Joe

Glorious Arms adds morale and +33% prestige for land battles!

Duke of Wellington - Engineer Corps is interesting if it accelerates sieges significantly. Still far from my land force limits at the moment.

Didaa - Is Military Drill any use at this stage of the game?

Nodscouterr - Glorious Arms only gives prestige, does it not?

Brandenburg III - I know, that's why this is not a 'play-till-1820' AAR, I stated my goal in the first post: to roughly cover the borders of the classic caliphate. I'm nearly there, how long will it take to finish off Iberia and kick the French out of the Balearic islands and the Pyrenees, we'll see.

caliphate.png

Enewald - Who needs Rambo when I have Kowogoconnughariegugharie? :D

enkhuush - I'll stop just after the Pyrenees as I've said, but I'll make sure I defeat them at Poitiers this time :D

Sweboy - I'm leaving Aragon/France for a bit later, when I'm fully consolidated in Iberia.

spock2 - Thanks and welcome! I'm not that interested in Swahili and Ethiopia, but if they keep on DoWing me I will have to take their lands :rolleyes:

Storey - Well, Muslim units are not too bad after westernisation, but against Castille I still needed a 1:5 to 1 ratio and a good general to win, they were at land tech 23 and I was at 21. France is at 24 and they have a lot more manpower, so I might need some boost. No problems with rebels lately as I'm staying at +3 stability, and I get enough missionaries for being Sunni + holding Jerusalem + decisions.

Didaa - OK, I see your point. Is there any way to see the morale values of your armies, i.e. how much is base value, how much is from tech, how much from NIs...?

Duke of Wellington - I don't think I'm going to be at peace for long periods from now on.

On the military screen (where you change maintenance), hover the cursor over the stars near the maintenance slider. Unless I'm misremembering, that should tell you your army's current maximum morale level and all relevant modifiers.

Brandenburg III - I know, that's why this is not a 'play-till-1820' AAR, I stated my goal in the first post: to roughly cover the borders of the classic caliphate. I'm nearly there, how long will it take to finish off Iberia and kick the French out of the Balearic islands and the Pyrenees, we'll see.

i believe it'll take at most three updates, heve you got a new project in mind?

Didaa - fair enough, although manpower is not a problem at this point.

gabor - That's optimistic, thanks for your confidence :D I have two projects in mind: one suited for vanilla, another more suited for MM. The latter can wait until MMP2 anyway.