• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:rofl:

can this get any better? :D

Despite Kanem Bornu's backwardness in many things, its fashion is strangely current :cool:
I hope things can improve. Yip, you certainly can't say that Kanem Bornu doesn't lead the world in fashion.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Clearly the AI is jealous of Kanem Bornu's unparalleled success and it is withholding their rightful monopoly. Abu won't be intimidated by such pitiful tactics!

Caught up with this one, still half way through your Shaybanid AAR. Fantastic.
That sounds about right to me. Hope you've enjoying Shaybanid AAR. If you are and haven't already then don't forget to vote for it!

Hilarious as ever, sir! :rofl:
Thanks very much.

Hilarious indeed! :rofl:
Keep up the good work!
Thank you and I shall try my best to keep it fun.

very entertaining sir.
Keep up the good work
Thanks, praise is always most welcome :)

Now see, when I saw the dice, I assumed he decided to try a game of monopoly and I was going to tell him to stick to the red and yellow properties, they are always the real money makers. ;) Oh well. Besides, he'd have to club someone if they tried to take the iron from him. Or does he like to be the car?
Red and yellow you think? I always preferred the cheapest ones, brown and blue I think. I'm not sure which he'd prefer but I think you're right on the money that there would be clubbing if it was taken from him.

Haha, another nice update. Abu shouldn't listen to any of this animist nonsense.
Good sage advice I think.

There are 8 tokens: club, club, club, club, club, club, club, and club. :)
And if there's any confusion resulting from that then one of the clubs is sure to be used to settle it.

Those dang gambling animists! When will they learn?
Not soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

Monopoly?

No dice...

;):D
It certainly makes things difficult trying to play without them.

If KB began exporting hats like the good doctor's, they'd have no trouble reaching monopoly. :)

At least, I'd buy one.

EDIT: The cape is also rather attractive :)
I quite agree. It really is a good hat.

I plant a flag on this AAR to show that i have conquered it, and i move on ;)

But please do update again soon, this tale African clubbing is intriguing..
Welcome along. Here's the update.

And the ever popular activities

Clubbing
Night clubbing
synchronized clubbing

no dice -gambling leads to weakness.
Wise words. Clubbing is plenty wholesome enough activity I think.

I think that the clubs (tm) need to be sold in the Center of Trade.

Nice AAR....
Perhaps but giving away Kanem Bornu's ultimate weapon? Surely that is unwise.

Clubs of dice for the win.
Clubs of dice? How does this work?

We can't afford for Kanem's greatest military secret to be found out and sold freely! We must guard our strengths :D
Quite right I think.

Monopoly is not for everyone. :p
Maybe you should hire advisors to find more about this game?
Maybe, but would those advisors work for free?

+10% to income on Mayfair? ;)
That could make the boardgame more interesting.

High level information technology of Kanem Bornu keeps me amazed, and with those fancy high tech clubs Kanem Bornu is probably the most advanced country in the known world.
Oh certainly it is the most advanced. A pity though that the known world is rather small.

Hah, great sense of humour again and good going. Just caught up, subscribed!
Thanks and welcome along.

Basically, there's a lot of waiting for anyone to turn up.
I just hope they do turn up in not too long.

flag1.gif

The annexation of Oyo was certainly at the top of Abu's list but the norms of international politics decreed that he must wait five years from the last war before doing so. Why these petty little rules had to be followed when Kanem Bornu led by Abu controlled around half the known world was quite confusing. Yet apparently the people cared enough that breaking the rules would be ill advised.
50-theworld.jpg

Abu's known world

So began the waiting period. In Kanem Bornu it seems that peace and boredom go hand in hand. Soon the nobles were getting restless and Abu was forced to choose between pardoning or execution of a particular firebrand. Normally execution would have been the option chosen, but this noble was particularly popular and instability would have resulted.
45-mercy.jpg

So mercy was given albeit at the price of being a bit more open to spies.
51-bond.jpg

One of Kanem-Bornu's top spies

Unfortunately the unrest didn't stop there with some even getting bold enough to demand money. This was something that could not and would not be tolerated. Abu chose to ignore them though if the option to execute had been available then the nobles certainly would have been getting acquainted with cold hard wood in a short time.
49-fools.jpg

The international scene became a little more interesting when a curious farmer in Gobir looked over his fence and discovered the nation of Songhai just next door.
48-songhai.jpg

Songhai is discovered right on our border

No doubt this would prove to be important in the future but for now it offered little interest.

47-bored.jpg

To ease the boredom Abu led his men into the desert to smash up the lost rebels. It was fun but as soon as you play with one rebel then it seems the others want to be played with too. Filthy animists seized control of Zazzau in an effort to spread their foul lies and dice.
46-anim.jpg

Soon the nobles were getting restless and Abu was forced to choose between pardoning or execution of a particular firebrand. Normally execution would have been the option chosen, but this noble was particularly popular and instability would have resulted.

Ack! I hope that isn't costly. Imagine the fallout if that treasonous swine tells some other Africans about clubs! It would be like the end of the world!

Hope you've enjoying Shaybanid AAR. If you are and haven't already then don't forget to vote for it!

My vote was cast long ago I'm afraid.

My counter-espionage sources found out the name of your spy: Shoshon Konery :rofl:

Oh, further proof that Kanem Bornu are ahead of their time - some French cities have started campaigning against the use of mobile phones by children on health concerns. Presumably they'll be buying Kanem Bornu's much safer tin handsets instead :D

mobile.jpg

Well, we know the answer to your problem and it involves a club. Preferably one held aloft by your famed spy.

Excellent graphic, Duke! :rofl:

*wipes a tear from his eye as he reminisces on the good old days*

Yeah, when you could execute an uZBEK and get away with it...:rofl:

When you could execute an uZBEK and be congratulated for it by the state :D

And be given a job in the army for it. But, you'd turn it down because you already commited your life to this great rebellion you just heard about happening in Astrakhan... :rofl:

And be given a job in the army for it. But, you'd turn it down because you already commited your life to this great rebellion you just heard about happening in Astrakhan... :rofl:

And then watch as your best friend's head gets lopped off so you join the army, eventually tire of it, and then raid a Berker Khan or two under the legal permit.

Anywho, great progress. Cut off the nobles heads in my opinion.

And then watch as your best friend's head gets lopped off so you join the army, eventually tire of it, and then raid a Berker Khan or two under the legal permit.

Ah yes, Berker Khan... And the 'tools of diplomacy' God those were funny... Oh! Sorry for getting off-topic, back to the story! :D

So, animists and nobles are causing troubles to great Kanem Bornu. Hopefully those stability problems are over soon, because compared to other nations you have found so far Songhai is actually a great power, at least it was that in African standards.

When Abu gets "hard wood" it's "cold"? :eek:
Hmm I hadn't actually picked up on that. Perhaps I should have.

Heh, the top spy looks dangerous, I don't want to mess with him :D

Oh, and don't you hate it when you look across your yard and you find a new nation there? :D
It certainly can come as quite a surprise. Yip you definitely do not want to mess with him.

Ack! I hope that isn't costly. Imagine the fallout if that treasonous swine tells some other Africans about clubs! It would be like the end of the world!
Clubs are a secret that must be guarded closely, with clubs.

My vote was cast long ago I'm afraid.

My counter-espionage sources found out the name of your spy: Shoshon Konery :rofl:

Oh, further proof that Kanem Bornu are ahead of their time - some French cities have started campaigning against the use of mobile phones by children on health concerns. Presumably they'll be buying Kanem Bornu's much safer tin handsets instead :D

mobile.jpg
The French copying Kanem-Bornu! I'm not surprised they really ought to emulate us more. I rather like Shoshon Konery :D

Well, we know the answer to your problem and it involves a club. Preferably one held aloft by your famed spy.

Excellent graphic, Duke! :rofl:
Thanks! It is fun making such pictures.

I don't see why the nobles are being so uppity... They've got plenty of animists running about in the deserts to club.
They have now at least. Perhaps a good smashing will calm them down.

Ahhhh, this reminds me of a good 'ol uZBEK smashing... :D Those were the days... :D
They certainly were.

*wipes a tear from his eye as he reminisces on the good old days*
Tears! Thats the sign of an uzbek.

Yeah, when you could execute an uZBEK and get away with it...:rofl:
Hard times we live in now, human rights and all that.

What is wrong with those animists? :eek:
Everything.

Time for some clubbing!:cool::D
Glad to keep you happy.

When you could execute an uZBEK and be congratulated for it by the state :D

Looking forward to the next update eagerly.
The next update shall be along in a couple of hours.

I think it was probably the most important question in the army.

I want to live in a place called Zazzau! :cool:
I do too. It truly is a great name.

Anywho, great progress. Cut off the nobles heads in my opinion.
I should like to do that. EUIII however doesn't seem to be so keen on it. Another mark against it then?

Ah yes, Berker Khan... And the 'tools of diplomacy' God those were funny... Oh! Sorry for getting off-topic, back to the story! :D
Reminiscing is fun.

So, animists and nobles are causing troubles to great Kanem Bornu. Hopefully those stability problems are over soon, because compared to other nations you have found so far Songhai is actually a great power, at least it was that in African standards.
Songhai is the strongest nation encountered so far. No doubt they will crumble though.