• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
B, then conquer everything outside of Europe owned by Europeans, then go after Europe for revenge.

B and A.

Go B than C

You know what? I really have a fancy to see the New World conquered by the Europeans. Oh, wait a second, that was what actually happened, wasn't it? :eek:o

I'd like to see the reverse. Europe conquered by the New World. Stick to countries that actually conquered/settled the New World Historically, aka Britain, France, Spain and Portugal. :D

Europe conquered by the New World. Stick to countries that actually conquered/settled the New World Historically, aka Britain, France, Spain and Portugal. :D

You're forgetting the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Russia, Augsburg, Brandenburg, Prussia and Courland! :p

Anyway, D: Convert all Christians to Paganism!

FEEDBACK

Do you lot have any idea how much feedback I need to write! War against Castile stuff, then ‘what next’ stuff and then my thoughts…

unddu - I’ll be impressed if you can do much with Ashanti I always get annexed within a few years.

Emperor_krk - The AI will accept deals up to 10 points better than war score (as long as it stays under 100) if you’ve got it well beaten. If you take a look at some of the screens from the start of wars where it shows troop and ship numbers you’ll also notice at the top war capacity as a percentage. Once that starts to drop the AI becomes much more amenable to peace as it’s running out of ability to fight on.

coz1 - I’m not that certain I’ll see all that much action because of BB unless I’m losing a war badly when I’ll get dogpiled. If the AI doesn’t border you it rarely takes advantage of the CB.

FYROM - I agree as long as I can control the Atlantic I won’t have too much to fear. This is why my naval strategy is aggressive; hunting and attacking anything that gets too close. A country without a fleet can’t invade.

Lord Strange - I don’t have Vicky so if you want a WC it’ll have to happen before 1820 and I’m far from sure how to go about it.

Babington-Smyth - I was very tempted to release Granada but took land instead – it’s a definite future option forcing enemies to release the subjugated countries of their ‘homelands’. Not so much for the ally but because it’s very likely to distract the attention of my enemies after truces run out.

demokratickid - Ultranationalism? Worryingly Palinite isn’t it? :p

Vladislav Thanks for answering Emperor_krk’s question. Sure if people want a save at the end of the game I can stick it on Savefile.

Brandenburg III

Continuing to spread the one true faith, I see.

What did you expect? :D BB is a tool, if its problem then you’re in for a ‘learning experience’.

Azugal - There’s a navy screenshot in the next update. I’m reasonably happy I can keep the Atlantic under control unless I get dogpiled.

Twilight - Thank you! I’m glad you find it readable, I’m pretty concerned about that because the only other stuff I’ve written has been E-learning courses for things like Information Security and Fire Safety. Which is fascinating :rolleyes:

HalakBalakBalak - Err, OK I guess, I’ll try and avoid falling off the stage. Unless drunk as I find fast food at three am makes me wobble

griff09 - Welcome on board – hope this gives you some ideas. I always find if I’m getting stuck it’s best to pause and have a nice cup of tea while I think about things.

Junuxx - I’m Latin tech so I know pretty much everywhere with people. One of the side effects of westernising and getting all the maps was I spent about an hour just scrolling around the screen saying things like 'oh wow Ryazan' :eek:o

Olaus Petrus - I don’t think they’ll all DOW, that would require borders to prompt it unless I get beaten about and the AI smells the blood in the water.

Enewald - Iroquois WC? You’ll have to wait and find out

Cyrus_The_Great - The Canaries were seized entirely so I had somewhere to harbour ships that had got damaged crossing the Atlantic. I don’t want to do ‘Overlord’ or ‘Torch’ with a fleet that starts damaged.

aldriq

As Sitting Bull would say: "It is not necessary for Eagles to be Crows"
LOL, I think we need a 'Yoda' version as well ;)

Junuxx / aldriq / MHz

So it’s all about distance from capital? That’s pretty good, seems a lot more like 17th century Europe, where a fortress in Flanders was as valuable as half of Canada, than previous peace models.

Olav - Yes I’ve decided to stop worrying about BB and get on with things. Once I’ve booted everyone out of North America I’ll be fine…

PrawnStar - Great feedback post there, that’s really hitting the same sort of things I’m thinking about :wacko:

Voting

Good Lord! look at these votes! Some people have voted for every option. Madness! Madness! It’s like I’m living in Euroweenie land. I’m going to have to guess at some of these ballots, what if there’s a hanging Chad? Are you bothered, no that‘s my problem isn’t it. Just remember it’s not the votes that count but who counts the votes :D

If you’ve voted B then C I’m just going to treat that as C, after about twenty – twenty five years there will be nothing but Castile in South America so I’d start on the rest of the world.

A
B
C

Rabid - No provinces in mainland Europe? Not sure about that…

Tono123 - You have more faith than I do, I can foresee getting bogged down in some slugfest with the Timmies that lasts decades. Still I can always hope…

Naggy - You’re right lets take the ills of the new world to the old. We’re fatter than you and we know our rights!

Cheesybob - ‘Big ass post’ – my carefully crafted ramblings a big ass post :eek: sounds about right :)

Sarganto - Thanks! always nice to see someone liking the AAR.

Twilight - So what you’re saying is India for the Native Americans?

Pablo Sanchez - I actually really like that idea, unfortunately there aren’t any pagans left. They’ve all gone even the Mongols up on the edge of Siberia are Han. There are a couple of Malian provinces left that are still Animist but that doesn’t really count. Mexico and the Kongo are mainly Norwegian, the Incans Aragonese and the West and East African pagans are all Castilian.

Junuxx - I think we can safely say if I can convert it I will. I have what the British Police refer to as 'Previous' when it comes to cpnverting everyone who stands still long enough.

Righto, it looks as if people want me to conquer all the Americas and then keep on going. You probably want to know now what I’m planning. Well that’s pretty obviously a military secret so I’m not going to tell you :p

LOL, I think we need a 'Yoda' version as well ;)

That's easy enough... "For eagles to be crows necessary it is not" :rofl:

Any chances of getting a European ally, even if it's by way of showering someone in gold? Austria, for example, would be a nice help to keep your main enemies' rears busy while you attack their Atlantic coasts.

Pablo Sanchez - I actually really like that idea, unfortunately there aren’t any pagans left. They’ve all gone even the Mongols up on the edge of Siberia are Han. There are a couple of Malian provinces left that are still Animist but that doesn’t really count. Mexico and the Kongo are mainly Norwegian, the Incans Aragonese and the West and East African pagans are all Castilian.

In that case I guess you can avenge their memories.