• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't worry about it Jestor. An author's at his best when he wants to write, not under pressure. If you have to slow down, slow down, don't write because you have to, but when you'll want to. It'll come to you at that point, I'm sure.

Is ok. Just do what you need do.

Thanks everyone. :)

I just wanted to pop in to let you all know I greatly appreciate your support and kind words. However, it appears as though this AAR will go on hiatus indefinitely.

There was a bit of bad luck in terms of my teaching load this semester, in that I teach every single day and my graduate work is easily tripled over last semester, not least because of which I had to take an incomplete due to food poisoning. I'm still scurrying about to make up that incomplete.

Also, as part of my student load this semester, I'm working on a novel whose premise centers around an egotistical, mediocre college professor who falls for a high school cheerleader. Not only is the workshopping of it part of a grade with a requirement to write five pages a week, my gut instinct says it has real promise, so I'll probably be pouring most of my writing efforts into that and a few other projects I squeeze in during my spare time.

This isn't to say I'll vanish completely; Indeed, at times, I've considered starting another AAR, still located within this particular universe. But it will probably have to wait at least until I make up the incomplete and I'm not backlogged by 50 million other things.

Didnt even know that "The Beautiful Girl and the History Class" had a sequel, and it did take me some time to get the idea that its from Becky's point of view.

But very good job Jestor. Very good...

Good luck with that novel of yours. I'd almost suggest writing it here, but you'd lose your rights to it, so its better if you don't if you think it has enough potential to publish it :)

Thanks everyone. :)

I just wanted to pop in to let you all know I greatly appreciate your support and kind words. However, it appears as though this AAR will go on hiatus indefinitely.

There was a bit of bad luck in terms of my teaching load this semester, in that I teach every single day and my graduate work is easily tripled over last semester, not least because of which I had to take an incomplete due to food poisoning. I'm still scurrying about to make up that incomplete.

Also, as part of my student load this semester, I'm working on a novel whose premise centers around an egotistical, mediocre college professor who falls for a high school cheerleader. Not only is the workshopping of it part of a grade with a requirement to write five pages a week, my gut instinct says it has real promise, so I'll probably be pouring most of my writing efforts into that and a few other projects I squeeze in during my spare time.

This isn't to say I'll vanish completely; Indeed, at times, I've considered starting another AAR, still located within this particular universe. But it will probably have to wait at least until I make up the incomplete and I'm not backlogged by 50 million other things.

Do we get to know when said novel gets published for being an absolute brilliant work like it will be?

Thanks guys. :)

And should the novel I'm working on ever get published, I'll of course let Paradox know. :D

By the way, if you guys haven't already, check out the 2008 CrusadAAR's Chalice Nominations thread and nominate an AAR. Lot of great ones were completed in the past year.

Good luck.

I have been reading a fair amount of Nabokov over the past while, as I may have mentioned to you, and finished Pnin the other day. Only an analagous plot with the bit about the professor being less than ideal at teaching, but there you go.

OK. It took a bit more than four minutes..........

Please, write more...

I went all the way through the Beautiful Girl and the History Class in expectation that there would be an ongoing sequel in the works. Instead I find that it's been abandoned. Please write more, I'm so very interested.