• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very nice. And it looks as if the denomination of armies varies from nation to nation. For Egypt it was "Army", for Macedonia "Cohort".

Oh, and guess what nation I'll be playing first. It has something to do with madness. MuhahahahahaHAHAHAHA!!!

Johan said:
Caucasus
Iberia
?? Is there more than one Iberia in the world, then?

It's too bad that all the barbarians have Latin names, but I suppose that whatever names they gave themselves have not been preserved by history.

I'm taking bets in how many minutes after the release we will see a Sparta wc AAR :p

Veldmaarschalk said:
I think

'light-green' = trade-route exists

And then the other colours indicate the likelyhood of creating a trade-route succesfully, the lighter the colour the more likelier you succeed in esthablising one.

I don't think so. The light green provinces are all his provinces

Simon B said:
No cities on the map?? Is that final??

When you say dalmatia, illyria and epirus (Under GreeK) i hope you don't mean greek culture? :eek: And the province of scodra was historically correct to be called Ardiani, Scodra was the capital of Illyria 251-167 Bc as well as the biggest city.

Agim I Muzaka said:
When you say dalmatia, illyria and epirus (Under GreeK) i hope you don't mean greek culture? :eek: And the province of scodra was historically correct to be called Ardiani, Scodra was the capital of Illyria 251-167 Bc as well as the biggest city.

I think it means suthern balkans

I'm seeing horses as a trade resource. Will it be required to have a supply of horses to build cavalry, like in Civ, and are there possibly any other perks to resources besides purely economic?

Rhion said:
I'm seeing horses as a trade resource. Will it be required to have a supply of horses to build cavalry, like in Civ, and are there possibly any other perks to resources besides purely economic?

According to the video's in this thread, the answer is yes

Rhion said:
Johan has said so earlier, so yes.

Also, pretty as always :) espacially the trade goods look good :D

Has it been stated somewhere if you can use military forces to cut off enemy traderoutes? It would would be neat to starve your enemy by denying his acces to grain and other resources.