• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Veldmaarschalk said:
In 3 out of 4 games France and England will go to war, even without rivalries or claims at the start of the scenario. So I don't think there is a need for this.

Are there others with an opinion? I mean, after all, the reason for the claim is that French kings always wanted to take back Normandy. A claim or intense rivalry between the two would reflect this situation.

Drachenfire said:
Are there others with an opinion? I mean, after all, the reason for the claim is that French kings always wanted to take back Normandy. A claim or intense rivalry between the two would reflect this situation.

They didn't want to take back Normandy, at least not in the 11th century. The duke of Normandy was a vassal of the king of France. The fact that the duke was often also the king of England is a thing that can't be represented in the game, sadly enough.

I think that there must be at least some historical basis for adding a claim or a rivalry. In 1066 there is no such reason.

@Rogan: As you guessed, Galician-Portuguese is too long -- the game doesn't like too long names.

I will make Calatrava an independent bishopric.
Implementing a new Knight Order isn't that easy to do, as it would require a new kingdom (and can't reappear). Grell74 had a mod that introduced the Knights of Livonia (Sword Brethren) and the Knights of Santiago, I'm trying to contact him to get his permission to update this mod for DV. If succesful, a future mod (probably Bopack-DV) will introduce these.

@Drachenfire: As you mention yourself, the Hårfagreætta were a branch of the Ynglings. It is not certain that Harald Hardråde was actually a descendant of Harald Hårfagre, and I guess that's why Paradox went for the main branch name of Yngling instead (as that is undoubtedly correct). I won't make that change.

Normandy: The French kings had no claim to Normandy other than that as liege, which unfortunately cannot be modelled in the CK engine. The right of William the Conqueror and his descendants to rule over Normandy was not disputed -- as long as the actual holder of the title paid (nominal) tribute to the French monarch France could have no legitimate claim on it.

----
New version (7.1) has been uploaded that corrects WARW, makes Calatrava a knight order in 1187, and saves the files in Windows format again (so others can edit them).

Last edited:
jordarkelf said:
Rogan: As you guessed, Galician-Portuguese is too long -- the game doesn't like too long names.
I changed it in 'world_names.csv' for preventing crashes (and a lot of work :D ) it goes out of the box, but I like it.

jordarkelf said:
I will make Calatrava an independent bishopric.
I tried this change, but being the 'Order of Calatrava' at county level it always ends as a vassal of Castille or Leon :(

jordarkelf said:
Implementing a new Knight Order isn't that easy to do, as it would require a new kingdom (and can't reappear). Grell74 had a mod that introduced the Knights of Livonia (Sword Brethren) and the Knights of Santiago, I'm trying to contact him to get his permission to update this mod for DV. If succesful, a future mod (probably Bopack-DV) will introduce these.

I am planning to make a 'Reconquista mod' and I have a lot of ideas for events and special features. I was planning to include the Orders of Santiago and Calatrava (considering 'Alcantara', 'Aviz' and 'Montesa' as 'Calatrava', depending on where it spawns) but I don't know very much of how to mod this game and it will take me a LOT of time.

Meanwhile if someone is interested I made this 'Order of Santiago' CoA, feel free to use it:

CruzDeSantiago.jpg

here are the Grandmasters of this two orders during the time covered by the game:

Orden de Calatrava:

# Don García (1164-1169)
# Fernando Escaza (1169-1170)
# Martín Pérez de Siones (1170-1182)
->Nuño Pérez de Quiñones (1182-1199)
# Martín Martínez (1199-1207)
# Ruy Díaz de Yanguas (1207-1212)
# Rodrigo Garcés (1212-1216)
# Martín Fernández de Quintana (1216-1218)
# Gonzalo Yáñez de Novoa (1218-1238)
# Martín Ruiz (1238-1240)
# Gómez Manrique (1240-1243)
# Fernando Órdoñez (1243-1254)
# Pedro Yáñez (1254-1267)
# Juan González (1267-1284)
# Ruy Pérez Ponce (1284-1295)
# Diego López de Santsoles (1295-1296)
# Garci López de Padilla (1296-1322)
->Juan Núñez de Prado (1322-1355)
# Diego García de Padilla (1355-1365)
# Martín López de Córdoba (1365-1371)
# Pedro Muñiz de Godoy (1371-1384)
# Pedro Álvarez de Pereira (1384-1385)
# Gonzalo Núñez de Guzmán (1385-1404)
# Enrique de Villena (1404-1407)
# Luis González de Guzmán (1407-1443)
# Fernando de Padilla (1443-1443)
# Alonso de Aragón (1443-1445)
# Pedro Girón (1445-1466)

Orden de Santiago:

# Pedro Fernández (1170-1184)
# Fernando Díaz (1184-1186)
->Sancho Fernández (1186-1193)
# Gonzalo Rodríguez (1193-1204)
# Suero Rodríguez (1204-1206)
# Fernando González de Marañón (1206-1210)
# Pedro Arias (1210-1212)
# García González de Candamio (1214-1217) (primera vez)
# Martín Peláez Barragán (1218-1221)
# García González de Candamio (1222-1224) (segunda vez)
# Fernán Pérez Chacín (1224-1226)
# Pedro González (1227-1237)
# Rodrigo Yánez (1239-1242)
# Pelayo Pérez Correa (1243-1275)
# Gonzalo Ruiz Girón (1275-1279)
# Pedro Núñez (1279-1286)
# Gonzalo Martel (1286)
# Pedro Fernández Mata (1286-1293)
# Juan Osórez (1293-1310)
# Diego Muñiz (1310-1318)
# García Fernández (1318-1327)
->Vasco Rodríguez (1327-1338)
# Vasco López (1338)
# Alonso Meléndez de Guzmán (1338-1342)
# Fadrique Alfonso de Castilla (1342-1358)
# García Álvarez de Toledo (1359-1366)
# Gonzalo Mejía (1366-1371)
# Fernando Osórez (1371-1383)
# Pedro Fernández Cabeza de Vaca (1383-1384)
# Rodrigo González Mejía (1384)
# Pedro Muñiz de Godoy (1384-1385)
# García Fernández de Villagarcía (1385-1387)
# Lorenzo Suárez de Figueroa (1387-1409)
# Enrique de Castilla (1409-1445)
# Álvaro de Luna (1445-1453)
--------------------------------

ps: a note for the Improvement Pack; the county of Niebla (in modern day Huelva, Spain) was conquered by Alfonso X 'The Wise' who was king of Galicia, Leon and Castile. So it never was a Portuguese county.

jordarkelf said:
That CoA is nicer than the one I use now, mind if I use it?
Feel free to use it... only as the knightly 'Order of Santiago' of course :p

jordarkelf said:
As for Niebla -- are you saying it should be part of the kingdom area of CAST (or LEON), not PORT?

Sure

EDIT. Already changed to CAST in the DV 2.1 beta patch!

Last edited:
I assume this works fine with the beta patch?

Niebla will be moved to CAST in the next update. If you want to change this yourself -- open db\province.csv in Notepad
Change line 166 to the following:
Code:
164;PROV164;Niebla;Spain;Extremadura;855;Plains;0;castillan;3;SEVI;CAST;NONE;NONE;NONE;1430;4215;1477;4245;1377;4281;1415;4261;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;1438;4212;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1

Anyone object to making Nubia Greek?

It would get Nubia a better namelist and give it problems ruling over arab lands, and also prevent arab christians from marrying with Europeans before actual converts exist.

Below is the WIP changelog for 7.2.
-----
DVIP 7.2 update:

Database:
Province.csv: Niebla is now part of the kingdom area of Castille, not Portugal.
Country.csv: Changed colours of Arborea, Dwin, Badajoz, Barcelona, Molina, Gwynned
Polotsk CoA removed (now in DV 2.1 beta patch)

Events:
Modified events have been checked for 2.1 compatibility
Vlach melting pot moved to new file with more melting pots added:
-Iberia (eventually turns arab and berber provinces into christian ones)
-Sicily (eventually turns the Mezzogiorno and Sicily from norman, greek, or berber to italian)
-Balt (eventually turns the Baltic coast German if held by Germans)

1066:
Nubia is now Greek to get a better namelist and give Nubia problems ruling over arab lands, and prevent arab catholics from marrying with Europeans before actual converts exist.
Naples is now Duchy of Salerno (representing Duchy of Naples)
Added or corrected a great number of Norman and Byzantine characters (thanks aylo1)
Portugal setup revised, thanks Rogan de Auria
University of Al-Karaouin is now in its proper province; improper advanced techs removed from Tunisia; Morocco advanced a bit
Gave Hereward the Wake his wife a few years early (since courtiers never can marry)
Added the remaining sons of Tancred de Hauteville, two surviving in Avranches
Normandy's provinces are Norman
Brittany is now only BRIT, not also ELRI (allowing a player to possibly conquer the Breton march and create the title, before Hoel creates it)
Newly added characters now have some gold and prestige
Added a few nicknames to characters
Added Gospatrick of Dunbar, lord of Cumberland

1187:
Nubia is Greek
Normandy's provinces are Norman

Last edited:
Having Nubia stay Arab is bad as you have shown. The rulers of Nubia at this point used more-or-less Greek names anyway. I saw Sicily turn into an Arab Catholic Kingdom through inheritance which was...odd. All thanks to the Nubians (who for some reason did not get crushed by Egypt or its vassals and thus did not fade into obscurity)

Notes on Iberian peninsula, part 2:

jordarkelf said:
Vlach melting pot moved to new file with more melting pots added:
-Iberia (eventually turns arab and berber provinces into christian ones)

Considering the existing cultural set this would be a very good add, but I think there is a problem with that set because defining the Iberian muslim provinces culture as 'berber' or 'arab' is a bit tricky.

The problem is that people who doesn't know much about the subject will think that the people living there were north africans or even arabs, when they actually were of European race (of Roman or Visigothic heritage) and they spoke in Mozarabic (which was a romance lenguage).

I think this culture would be better described as 'Muladi', considering it as a 'weak' culture in terms of cultural conversion, because it was a middle point between the Hispanic and Arabic ones.

------

the 1066 scenario is completely wrong, starting from left to right:
'Duke Garcia of Galicia' is actually 'KING Garcia I of Galicia' exactly the same rank as his brothers Sancho and Alfonso. His kingdom includes the territories of both Galicia and Porto duchies (although he was on 'realm duress' :D I think)
The duke of Porto, Nuno Mendes, was not Duke but Count with only this province as a demesne. He was Garcia vassal and nothing like his ally, in fact he eventually declared war to his liege (to a complete defeat and the banish of his dinasty).
I don't know who are the other two guys in the duchy of Porto, but for sure Braga was a bishopric, like Tuy (which in the game is wrongly called Santiago)

:rolleyes: ...well there are lots of other things but I have no time right now. To be continued... :D

Spanish cultural setup:
You're right there, but we don't have free culture tags. In 1066 Andalucia is ruled over by Berbers and Arabs (I'm confident I have the individual taifa cultures right now); by 1337 the Taifas except for Granada had been beaten and the lands were incorporated into Castille-Léon, Portugal, and Aragon.
If we had unlimited tags I would use a culture for this, but fact is we don't. As such choices are more or less limited to the following:
A: Provinces berber, rulers arab or berber -- when christianized culture changes by event to castillan/portuguese/catalan
B: Provinces "mozarab"/"muladi" from 1066 to 1337, rulers arab, berber, or christian
C: Berber renamed to Moor, otherwise see A

A is what I use now in the DVIP, B is what earlier versions used -- but the only reason Andalusia got its own culture was that prior to DV two castillans could get an arab or berber child. This chance is gone now so that freed up the much needed tag for the Vlachs.
C is an option -- it would rename Berber to Moor and apply this culture liberally across Andalucia and North Africa. However Moor is a Christian-centric name, and Berber better carries the load.

Just keep in mind in CK culture is the nobles' culture, not that of the population. Given that I think Berber is the best choice, with an event-based conversion.
After all historically during the reconquiesta the muslims had to convert, or leave. A great portion of the population of North Africa today is descended of Iberian refugees.

Galicia and kingdom/duchy setup in general:

Galicia was originally a kingdom in CK, but was downgraded to an independent duchy early on. Reasoning is that nobody ever tried to recreate a Galician kingdom after his crown fell to Castille/Léon, and the "true" successor to his crown was Portugal.
Making Galicia a kingdom will just lead to Castille or Léon getting a free king title shortly after scenario start, which it will never lose again.
As for Porto as vassal of Galicia -- unfortunately not possible without raising Galicia to kingdom status (undesirable because of the above reasons) or lowering Porto to a county (undesirable because it would make modelling the troubled Portuguese succession impossible). Like Brittany, the Rus', and a few other areas, Portugal-Galicia is a good indicator where the CK three-tier system fails to accurately present a good setup. I am convinced that a duchy-level Galicia and Porto is the best of all bad choices.

As for Portugal in general: The province map in Portugal is not able to represent a historically correct setup -- especially in the north. We need at least six provinces where we have but four. In its current form it at least shows a more or less correct Portuguese presence in 1066, and a passable Portugal in later scenarios.

jordarkelf said:
Spanish cultural setup:
You're right there, but we don't have free culture tags.
:eek: Oh, I didn't know that. If there is no way to free a culture tag it's quite nice right now.
:rolleyes: I would like to see a map of the cultures in the improvement pack like the ones there was of 1.5 duchies, economy...

jordarkelf said:
Just keep in mind in CK culture is the nobles' culture, not that of the population.
:confused: I always think the province culture is the people culture, and the characters culture is the nobles one.

jordarkelf said:
Galicia was originally a kingdom in CK, but was downgraded to an independent duchy early on. Reasoning is that nobody ever tried to recreate a Galician kingdom after his crown fell to Castille/Léon, and the "true" successor to his crown was Portugal.
Yes, that's because Garcia crowned himself as king of Portugal in 1070 or 1071 after defeating Nuno Mendes, becoming in theory the first king of Portugal.
I think the problem here is that existing kingdom titles in CK are like energy "...never destroyed but transformed" :D So, everything is ok again.

jordarkelf said:
Making Galicia a kingdom will just lead to Castille or Léon getting a free king title shortly after scenario start, which it will never lose again.
As for Porto as vassal of Galicia -- unfortunately not possible without raising Galicia to kingdom status (undesirable because of the above reasons) or lowering Porto to a county (undesirable because it would make modelling the troubled Portuguese succession impossible)
The real Portuguese succession is impossible in the game because 'Henry of burgundy' wasn't born. it does not depend on Porto being a county or a duchy. In fact Nuno was defeated, so, why giving him so much power? specially considering that Sisnando Davides, count of Coimbra had a similar demesne. The duchy of Portugal will rise sooner or later with a duke selected by the winner, as IRL.

why not making Garcia duke of Galicia AND Portugal? (much more accurate than his actual dominions and vassals). Add a problem of 'realm duress' (that's why he lost the kingdom after all) and Nuno as a rebel and you will get a very good and history-like cocktail.

*I didn't find nothing about 'Ordonho ... of Braganza', did he exist?

ps: 'Santiago de Compostela' the capital of Galicia is geographically in 'Compostela' province not in 'Santiago' province ( :mad: man, that province names make me itch :wacko: :D )

New Chars & fixes 4 next release

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 142 }
	name = "Robert" #III Curthose
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =752 }
	father = { type = 10 id = 140 }
	mother = { type = 10 id = 367 }
	country = NORM
	religion = catholic
	culture = norman
	score = { gold = 50 prestige = 100 piety = 100 }
	birthdate = { year = 1054 month = january day = 1 }
	dna = "56443820158502"
	attributes = {
		martial = 6
		diplomacy = 7
		intrigue = 6
		stewardship = 6
		health = 5
		fertility = 8
	}
	traits = {
		indulgent = yes
		lazy = yes
		rebellious = yes
		vengeful = yes
		martial_education = yes
	}
}

Replaced Robert Curthose traits based on wiki article description

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 380 }
	name = "Foulques" #IV le Rechin
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =723 }
	father = { type = 10 id = 377 }
	mother = { type = 10 id = 375 }
	country = C140
	religion = catholic
	culture = Frankish
	score = { gold = 25 prestige = 100 piety = 100 }
	birthdate = { year = 1041 month = january day = 1 }
	dna = "93558478624722"
	attributes = {
		martial = 8
		diplomacy = 5
		intrigue = 6
		stewardship = 6
		health = 8
		fertility = 6
	}
	traits = {
		deceitful = yes
		rebellious = yes
		knowledged_tactician = yes
	}
}

Added deceitful\rebellious as Foulques deposed\jailed his brother.

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 497 }
	name = "Pietro Ottone"

Full name of Peter of Hungary.

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 1765 }
	name = "Ioanna Kurtikaina" 
	gender = female
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =1 }
	country = BUTR
	religion = orthodox
	culture = Greek
	birthdate = { year = 1026 month = january day = 1 }
	dna = "37744086013048"
	attributes = {
		martial = 5
		diplomacy = 7
		intrigue = 6
		stewardship = 7
		health = 5
		fertility = 5
	}
	traits = {
		generous = yes
		romantic = yes
		proven_accountant = yes
	}
}
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 1766 }
	name = "Georgios"
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =628 }
	father = { type = 10 id = 1764 }
	[COLOR=Yellow]mother = { type = 10 id = 1765 } [/COLOR]
	country = PELO
	religion = orthodox
	culture = Greek
	#score = { gold = 25 prestige = 100 piety = 100 }
	birthdate = { year = 1050 month = january day = 1 }
	dna = "24381956323626"
	attributes = {
		martial = 4
		diplomacy = 6
		intrigue = 5
		stewardship = 5
		health = 4
		fertility = 8
	}
	traits = {
		flamboyant_schemer = yes
	}
}

Added wife of Nikephoros Palaiologos as she'd technically should be alive for her yet to be born teenage son (Romanos?) to die with his father against the Normans in 1081. Also removed eldest son (Georgios) gold\prestige\piety as he's 16 @ start of scenario & becomes too powerful too early on.

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 10000 } 
	name = "Muriella"
	gender = female
	[COLOR=Yellow]dynasty = { type = 12 id =752 } 
	father = { type = 10 id = 246 }
	mother = { type = 10 id = 6801 }[/COLOR] 
	country = APUL
	religion = catholic
	culture = Norman
	birthdate = { year = 990 month = january day = 1 }
	deathdate = { year = 1019 month = january day = 1 }
	dna = "46949959147306"
	attributes = {
		martial = 4
		diplomacy = 5
		intrigue = 7
		stewardship = 6
		health = 5
		fertility = 8
	}
	traits = {
		court_education = yes
	}
}
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 10008 } 
	name = "Fredesende"
	gender = female
	[COLOR=Yellow]dynasty = { type = 12 id =752 } 
	father = { type = 10 id = 246 }
	mother = { type = 10 id = 6801 }[/COLOR] 
	country = APUL
	religion = catholic
	culture = Norman
	birthdate = { year = 1003 month = january day = 1 }
	deathdate = { year = 1050 month = january day = 1 }
	dna = "46928959141186"
	attributes = {
		martial = 4
		diplomacy = 5
		intrigue = 7
		stewardship = 6
		health = 5
		fertility = 8
	}
	traits = {
		court_education = yes
	}
}

Both wives of Tancred de Hauteville were apparently daughters of Richard I Duke of Normandy.

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 20487 } 
	[COLOR=Yellow]name = "Theodoulos" #I[/COLOR]
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =1 }
	country = C471
	religion = orthodox
	culture = greek
	birthdate = { year = 1039 month = january day = 0 }
	deathdate = { year = 1078 month = january day = 0 }
	dna = "41842462961772"
	attributes = {
		martial = 6
		diplomacy = 4
		intrigue = 8
		stewardship = 6
		health = 5
		fertility = 0
	}
	traits = {
		mastermind_theologian = yes
		#tough_soldier = yes
	}
}

Historical Bishop of Orchid. Also gave him a ecclastical trait instead of the martial one provided by CK.

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 20488 } 
	name = "Theodoulos" 
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =101141 } 
	country = C505
	religion = orthodox
	culture = greek
	birthdate = { year = 1011 month = january day = 0 } 
	dna = "56784823922128"
	attributes = {
		martial = 6
		diplomacy = 7
		intrigue = 7
		stewardship = 8
		health = 6
		fertility = 8
	}
	traits = {
		flamboyant_schemer = yes
	}
}
Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 90033 }
	name = "Matthaios" 
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =631 } #Botaneiates
	country = DYRR
	religion = orthodox
	culture = greek
	birthdate = { year = 969 month = january day = 0 }
	deathdate = { year = 1031 month = january day = 0 }
	dna = "02010713138706"
	attributes = {
		martial = 5
		diplomacy = 5
		intrigue = 5
		stewardship = 5
		health = 5
		fertility = 5
	}
	traits = {
		court_education = yes
	}
}
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 90034 }
	name = "Euphrosyne" 
	gender = female
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =631 } #Botaneiates
	father = { type = 10 id = 90033 } #Matthaios Botaneiates
	country = C505
	religion = orthodox
	culture = greek
	birthdate = { year = 1007 month = january day = 0 }
	dna = "05080702090401"
	attributes = {
		martial = 4
		diplomacy = 4
		intrigue = 4
		stewardship = 4
		health = 8
		fertility = 4
	}
	traits = {
		merciful = yes
		temperate = yes
		proven_accountant = yes
	}
}
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 90035 }
	name = "Nikephoros" 
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =101141 } 
	father = { type = 10 id = 20488 } #Theodoulos Synadenos
	mother = { type = 10 id = 90034 } #Euphrosyne Botaneiates
	country = C505
	religion = orthodox
	culture = greek
	birthdate = { year = 1050 month = january day = 0 } 
	deathdate = { year = 1081 month = october day = 18 } 
	dna = "03784823112103"
	attributes = {
		martial = 4
		diplomacy = 4
		intrigue = 4
		stewardship = 4
		health = 5
		fertility = 4
	}
	traits = {
		selfish = yes
		martial_education = yes
	}
}

Turned Count of Belgrade (i think) into Theodoulos Synadenos, brother-in-law of future Nikephoros III Botaniates. Birthdate revised to make more sense. Also added Nikephoros's father, sister & nephew.

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 20501 } 
	name = "Isaakios"
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =101103 } #Kontostephanos 
	father = { type = 10 id = 90031 } #Mikhael Kontostephanos
	country = C472
	religion = orthodox
	culture = greek
	dna = "59390173449447"
	attributes = {
		martial = 6
		diplomacy = 8
		intrigue = 5
		stewardship = 8
		health = 4
		fertility = 4
	}
	traits = {
		wise = yes
		valorous = yes
		lisp = yes
		tough_soldier = yes
	}
}

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 90031 }
	name = "Mikhael"
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =101103 } #Kontostephanos 
	country = ANTI
	religion = orthodox
	culture = greek
	birthdate = { year = 1012 month = january day = 0 }
	deathdate = { year = 1056 month = january day = 0 }
	dna = "59090173099411"
	attributes = {
		martial = 6
		diplomacy = 5
		intrigue = 5
		stewardship = 6
		health = 4
		fertility = 4
	}
	traits = {
		pragmatic = yes
		knowledged_tactician = yes
	}
}
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 90032 }
	name = "Stephanos"
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =101103 } 
	father = { type = 10 id = 90031 } #Mikhael Kontostephanos
	country = C472
	religion = orthodox
	culture = greek
	birthdate = { year = 1041 month = january day = 0 }
	dna = "03080100089409"
	attributes = {
		martial = 5
		diplomacy = 6
		intrigue = 4
		stewardship = 5
		health = 6
		fertility = 4
	}
	traits = {
		chaste = yes
		stutter = yes
		martial_cleric = yes
	}
}

Count of Epirus now historical Konstephanos family. Changed names & added members accordingly.

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 20509 } 
	name = "Stephanos" #Adrianos
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =101088 } #Dokeianos
	father = { type = 10 id = 90037 } #Mikhael Dokeianos
	mother = { type = 10 id = 90038 } #Maria Komnena
	country = C475
	religion = orthodox
	culture = greek
	birthdate = { year = 1033 month = january day = 0 } 
	deathdate = { year = 1073 month = january day = 0 }
	dna = "05918864163340"
	attributes = {
		martial = 4
		diplomacy = 6
		intrigue = 8
		stewardship = 4
		health = 8
		fertility = 8
	}
	traits = {
		modest = yes
		martial_cleric = yes
	}
}

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 90036 }
	name = "Nikephoros"
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =101088 } #Dokeianos
	country = APUL
	religion = orthodox
	culture = greek
	birthdate = { year = 992 month = january day = 0 }
	deathdate = { year = 1040 month = october day = 9 }
	dna = "01008812073304"
	attributes = {
		martial = 5
		diplomacy = 5
		intrigue = 5
		stewardship = 5
		health = 5
		fertility = 5
	}
	traits = {
		misguided_warrior = yes
	}
}
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 90037 }
	name = "Mikhael"
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =101088 } 
	father = { type = 10 id = 90036 } #Nikephoros Dokeianos
	country = ADRI
	religion = orthodox
	culture = greek
	birthdate = { year = 1013 month = january day = 0 }
	deathdate = { year = 1050 month = january day = 0 }
	dna = "05088800103314"
	attributes = {
		martial = 4
		diplomacy = 4
		intrigue = 4
		stewardship = 4
		health = 4
		fertility = 4
	}
	traits = {
		tough_soldier = yes
	}
}
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 90038 }
	name = "Maria" 
	gender = female
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =634 }
	father = { type = 10 id = 1750 } #Manouel Erotikos Komnenos
	country = C475
	religion = orthodox
	culture = Greek
	birthdate = { year = 1009 month = january day = 1 }
	deathdate = { year = 1053 month = january day = 1 }
	dna = "03247804110303"
	attributes = {
		martial = 4
		diplomacy = 4
		intrigue = 4
		stewardship = 4
		health = 4
		fertility = 4
	}
	traits = {
		court_education = yes
	}
}

Add Dokeianos family as Counts of Hellas (i think) whom married Alexios I's aunt Maria (whom I added).

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 20510 } 
	name = "Nikephoros" #Thomas 
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =101719 } #Basiliakos 
	country = C489
	religion = orthodox
	culture = greek
	dna = "91488651099377"
	attributes = {
		martial = 8
		diplomacy = 4
		intrigue = 6
		stewardship = 8
		health = 8
		fertility = 7
	}
	traits = {
		forgiving = yes
		tough_soldier = yes
	}
}

Renamed Count of Thessalia to Nikephoros Basiliakos who rebelled against Nikephoros III Botaniates but defeated by future Alexios I in 1079.

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 41552 }
	name = "Mariam-Martha"

Namechange as sources conflict over which was her birthname & which she adopted as a nun.

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 20559 }
	name = "Iosephos" #Andronikos 
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =101145 }
	country = C735
	religion = orthodox
	culture = greek
	score = { gold = 25 prestige = 150 piety = 0 }
	birthdate = { year = 1009 month = january day = 0 } 
	deathdate = { year = 1074 month = january day = 0 }
	dna = "11306567780475"
	attributes = {
		martial = 4
		diplomacy = 4
		intrigue = 5
		stewardship = 4
		health = 7
		fertility = 6
	}
	traits = {
		clubfooted = yes
		deceitful = yes
		intricate_webweaver = yes
		#naive_wirepuller = yes
	}
}
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 90040 }
	name = "Katakalon" #Kuropalates
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =101145 }
	father = { type = 10 id = 20559 } #Iosephos Tarchaneiotes
	country = C735
	religion = orthodox
	culture = greek
	score = { gold = 25 prestige = 50 piety = 0 }
	birthdate = { year = 1030 month = january day = 0 } 
	deathdate = { year = 1085 month = january day = 0 }
	dna = "11046510110401"
	attributes = {
		martial = 7
		diplomacy = 5
		intrigue = 6
		stewardship = 4
		health = 6
		fertility = 6
	}
	traits = {
		weak_willed = yes
		tough_soldier = yes
	}
}

Added historical Tarchaneiotes to county above Antioch who succeed Issakios Komenos as Dukes of Antioch.

Last edited:
¿this mod works well with beta patch?

Wittmann said:
¿this mod works well with beta patch?
I think it is. i have only crashed once with it

although you have not answered my last post yet, I have found a very important mistake in vanilla and it needs tweaking as soon as possible:

while searching for historic characters, I found 'Maimonides' spend a time in the 'University of Al-Karaouine' the oldest still working University in the world.
I searched for this famous building in the game and for my surprise I found it in the province of 'Kairouan' (Tunis), but 'Al-Karaouine University' is IRL in the province of 'Fes' (Morocco), 2000 km away!.
It's a big mistake because like for the other Universities of that time (cordoba, alexandria, bizantium...), they implemented much of the technologies as existing only around them, it seems specially important with 'thought' and 'schools' technologies.
So there are a real lot of technologies around and near 'Kairouan' instead of having them around and near 'Fes' wich is really far away.

ps: following with Portugal, the southern provinces were conquered shortly after 1066 so they should not have 'portuguese' culture. And the count of Coimbra Sisnando Davides ('Sisnando of Coimbra') was a Mozarab so he should be arab/catholic or berber/catholic