• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm...any activity or movement lately??

Ok. I can do without DAIM. But don't 1.3 beta AI files overwrite any of important CCIP AI files if I install it again after extracting Clanjay's Graphic Improvement Pack?
I can't remember exactly, but I think the only changes to the 1.3 AI files were for the new Intel system. So, as far as I can tell the only files that need to be changed for 1.3(beta) are CHC_consolidated.ai and CHC_1936.ai. I can't see any other files in the CCIP download that wouldn't be compatible with 1.3(beta).

For a quick fix, replace the Spying section of CHC_1936.ai with
Code:
###################################
# Spying
###################################
spyprefs =
{
	percentage_on_spies 		= 0.2
	percentage_foreign_mission 	= 0.6

# Used for Intell efficiency and for setting minimum chance to succeed for the AI to do that particular type of mission
	spyprefsdata = 
	{
		NumberOfSpies = 10
		min_number_of_spies = 3
		steal_blueprint = 10
		minister_assassination = 5
		smear_campaign 	= 10
		coup = 3
		sabotage_industry = 10
		nuclear_sabotage = 5
		found_partisans	= 10
		massmedia = 10
		disrupt_techteam = 10
		country = CHC
	}
	spyprefsdata = {
		country_priorities	= 6
		steal_blueprint 	= 10
		minister_assassination          = 1
		smear_campaign 		= 4
		coup 				= 1
		sabotage_industry 	= 5
		nuclear_sabotage 	= 0
		found_partisans 	= 2
		massmedia 			= 1
		disrupt_techteam	= 5
		country 			= CHI
	}
	spyprefsdata = {
		country_priorities	= 4
		steal_blueprint 	= 10
		smear_campaign 		= 3
		coup 				= 0
		sabotage_industry 	= 5
		nuclear_sabotage 	= 0
		found_partisans 	= 2
		massmedia 			= 1
		disrupt_techteam	= 5
		country 			= JAP
	}
	spyprefsdata = {
		country_priorities	= 2
		steal_blueprint 	= 10
		smear_campaign 		= 4
		coup 				= 1
		sabotage_industry 	= 4
		nuclear_sabotage 	= 0
		found_partisans 	= 1
		massmedia 			= 1
		disrupt_techteam	= 4
		country 			= CXB
	}
}
and the one in CHC_consolidated.ai with
Code:
spyprefs =
{
	percentage_on_spies 		= 0.2
	percentage_foreign_mission 	= 0.6

# Used for Intell efficiency and for setting minimum chance to succeed for the AI to do that particular type of mission
	spyprefsdata = 
	{
		NumberOfSpies = 10
		min_number_of_spies = 3
		steal_blueprint = 10
		minister_assassination = 5
		smear_campaign 	= 10
		coup = 3
		sabotage_industry = 10
		nuclear_sabotage = 5
		found_partisans	= 10
		massmedia = 10
		disrupt_techteam = 10
		country = CHC
	}
	spyprefsdata = {
		country_priorities	= 10
		steal_blueprint 	= 10
		smear_campaign 		= 3
		coup 				= 1
		sabotage_industry 	= 6
		nuclear_sabotage 	= 0
		found_partisans		= 4
		massmedia 			= 1
		disrupt_techteam 	= 5
		country 			= CHI
	}
	spyprefsdata = {
		country_priorities	= 6
		NumberOfSpies		= 5
		steal_blueprint 	= 10
		smear_campaign 		= 3
		coup 				= 1
		sabotage_industry 	= 6
		nuclear_sabotage 	= 0
		found_partisans		= 4
		massmedia 			= 1
		disrupt_techteam 	= 5
		country 			= USA
	}
}

What is it that does not make it work with doomsday? only armageddon?

Eh, sorry for the delayed response. There actually shouldn't be anything... The armageddon version was modified to be compatible with armageddon, but I don't think there is anything that I changed that would conflict with doomsday. That said, loading it with doomsday is NOT supported. (unlike ACCIP, which is "supported"... *snicker*...) That said, I'd be interested to know if it does actually work or not.

question...is communist china changed to infiltration assault doctrine here? it's a lot more historical for communist china to have infiltration in depth doctrine by '44 then mechanized wave by '44, after all.

There's still some trouble with Japan - after the "fading sun" event, they DOW China again after the non-agression pact expires. Maybe it was intended so, I dunno. But after China wins the 2nd war and wants to puppet Japan... They still conduct spying missions on their masters, probably will DOW USA, will puppetr Siam via event... Maybe there should be some other revolter state which NatChina could liberate instead of Japan?

Does this work with the beta patch?

Does this work with the beta patch?
It doesn't. All that is needed for minimal compatibility (i.e., everything works, just not perfectly) is to change the AI spyprefs as outlined in post 505 above.

It doesn't. All that is needed for minimal compatibility (i.e., everything works, just not perfectly) is to change the AI spyprefs as outlined in post 505 above.

I´m currently playing a game as nationalist China on Arma 1.3 Beta 2 with the changed spyprefs and there are no problems...:rolleyes:

Ah, I haven't checked Hoi2 forums in awhile, and missed the new patch release. Thanks for the Fix xfoster, I'll put it into the next version.

@great chairman: Commies should still have human wave doctrine. There are likely historical reasons for this being the case in the mod of which I am unaware, so I am not going to change it.

@Akaki: Yes, the Japs are problematic for China till the bitter end, check mib's sig for a humorous example. It would take a better modder than me to change this, since ai files are mostly beyond me.

Hi, I read the last 4 pages of this thread and what I understand is that the link at the bottom(clanjay,jeffsteel) is CCIP which is compatible with ARMA 1.3beta..and in order to use DAIM with CCIP, I should use just two CCIP AI files for nat. china(may be also japan) and should use DAIM AI files for other nations..Am I right?

I mixed DAIM and CCIP with my armageddon 1.3beta and did and observation with el salvador in 36 GC in order to see how the things are going..Japan declared war on Nat. China in marco polo bridge incident..At first Nat. china hold Japanese well behind a river in the north..but then japan landed at the south(near guanxi clique, by the way, the event for guanxi is at the verge of war against Nat. China came but guanxi didn't declare war on Nat. China and then entered alliance with Nat. China before marco polo..so, guanxi didn't lose much of its land)..japan advanced quickly from there and there were very little chinese resistance..chinese brought divisions to the southern front but they seemed unwilling to counterattack outnumbered japanese..japanese linked their northern and southern front and after that there were massacre of tens of divisions of chinese..Nat. china surrendered on june 12 1938 just a year after the beginning of the war...a record time..it seems that DAIM and CCIP couldn't be used together unless there will be considerable amount of work on them..

another strange thing; I saved my game as el salvador in april 1936 and loaded as Nat. China to look at what they are doing..I started time and the event came saying that "you have broken the 1932 pact"..yes,Nat. China AI had sent troops to Shanghai(8 divisions) before I controlled them, then Japan declared war on me..I left the game and tried several times, but results were always the same..japan declared war on me and never chose other options..

Oh yea and another quick question. In my last game I stuck it out with the axis alliance and whomped on all of asia with my infantry hordes and cruizergs and i've managed to link arms with the Jerries in 42, heading west meeting em at Stalingrad (SU had nothing out east, only thing slowing me down was the snow). Not sure if Bitter Peace, or whatever peace settlement is supposed to fire, but we've pretty much conquered all of the SU and we're just sitting around in the winter twiddling our thumbs. My massive swarm is just overwhelming my TC and the AI acted like a punk and was unloading a crapload of Expeditionary Forces on me, forcing me to eat my up TC load even MORE (cant conduct a proper middle eastern campaign at this point), and forcing me to upgrade/reinforce the beggers too. I mean i've gotten like over 200 divisions worth of Italian, Romanian, Bulgarian, and German units under my control and in some cases gifted over outright since their flags changed to NatChi. Its pissing me off since it's totally throwing my TC out of whack and basically forcing me to either nursemaid those troops into battle or ignore them, which i cant handle since its too much micromanagement. Is there any wya to stop the AI from throwing all these damn troops my way when i dont want them. Course i've never played any other nation as far as this game so maybe this is a common problem...
divorce certificate

You know I've been thinking about this and I think a few years after United China fires another event should fire upgrading the tech teams to 6 and 7's because it's quite ridiculous that China would have lower tech teams then Israel. OR conversely just increase them to realistic levels with the Original United China.

I mixed DAIM and CCIP with my armageddon 1.3beta and did and observation with el salvador in 36 GC in order to see how the things are going..Japan declared war on Nat. China in marco polo bridge incident..At first Nat. china hold Japanese well behind a river in the north..but then japan landed at the south(near guanxi clique, by the way, the event for guanxi is at the verge of war against Nat. China came but guanxi didn't declare war on Nat. China and then entered alliance with Nat. China before marco polo..so, guanxi didn't lose much of its land)..japan advanced quickly from there and there were very little chinese resistance..chinese brought divisions to the southern front but they seemed unwilling to counterattack outnumbered japanese..japanese linked their northern and southern front and after that there were massacre of tens of divisions of chinese..Nat. china surrendered on june 12 1938 just a year after the beginning of the war...a record time..it seems that DAIM and CCIP couldn't be used together unless there will be considerable amount of work on them..

another strange thing; I saved my game as el salvador in april 1936 and loaded as Nat. China to look at what they are doing..I started time and the event came saying that "you have broken the 1932 pact"..yes,Nat. China AI had sent troops to Shanghai(8 divisions) before I controlled them, then Japan declared war on me..I left the game and tried several times, but results were always the same..japan declared war on me and never chose other options..

I think that the 1932 Treaty Broken event ought to be eliminated, even if it was historical, because of how it messes up the game.

You know I've been thinking about this and I think a few years after United China fires another event should fire upgrading the tech teams to 6 and 7's because it's quite ridiculous that China would have lower tech teams then Israel. OR conversely just increase them to realistic levels with the Original United China.
Well actually, Israel when it was founded was far more advanced in terms of military technology than China was. They had and still have access to the best the world has to offer either domestically or from friendly states (ie. the US).

With 6 or 7 level teams, China would be nearly on a par with the US or USSR when historically it was decades behind.

Hello. A new version of SMEP is coming soon, and since I can't balance or portray the Chinese Civil War or Sino-Japanese War worth crap, I'm giving up and included CCIP. I know we've talked about this before, but we only talked about making them compatible... well, I am going a step further and altering your work for you (not in a bad way, only for compatibilities sake!). If you have any problem with this, let me know!

Questions: What changes have been made to province_names.csv? And scenario_text.csv? I'd prefer not to replace these files if I don't know what's been done... my guess for scenario_text.csv is the Idel Ural creation event. As long as that's under 500 characters, it will fit in a text file, which I'd prefer.

I've now intergrated most pieces of CCIP into SMEP. I've made lots of changes to code (for both aesthetic and utilitarian purposes) and cut some of the events, while fully synthesizing them with some SMEP events. I think this is the best way to do it. Plus, this project seems dead :( ...which sadly makes it easier for me...